Author Topic: The Plane, The Plane!!  (Read 2897 times)

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
The Plane, The Plane!!
« on: March 07, 2011, 10:53:09 PM »
Since we have new 'faces' as well as new planes, I thought I would post this. Even if you been in other games other than AH, please say what plane you fly the most and  explain your reason for liking it.

Only fair for me to start. Well the 51D of course. I've always liked the way that it looks and flies in reality and also in the game (despite the not-so-great turning). I've had the chance to fly IN a real one many, many years ago. Also for the game, being I am not the best shot, I like the fact it has lots of ammo too  :rock

:salute
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
Re: The Plane, The Plane!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2011, 11:49:51 PM »
Spit VIII
Maneuverability. I like the classic idea of flipping through the air and getting on their 6, not to mention a few taters to toss at someone.
BnZ just seems so, so, so, so, boring. *climb to 23890982343984K alt - Dive down - miss - climb BACK up to try again*

B17
Because the B29 is a gigantic target that can't take rounds worth a crud. The B17 is a beautiful plane. I'm a god on the guns.
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 12:09:23 AM »
The ki84 and p38. the p38 is my favorite plane of ww2. i absolutly HATE the ki84. i think its a complete crap of a plane. but for some reason i do my best in it.

bomber? was originally the b25/b17. but now its the b29. big sexy plane. most normal planes will not engage it. and the ones who do stupidy dead6 it and get a facefull of 20mm.plus it can take a beating as long as none of the rounds dont get anwheres near the cocpit.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 12:10:07 AM »
ill tell you when i kill you :D
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 12:14:36 AM »
I used to fly the Ki84 almost exclusively.  Great plane!  (Tyrannis, you need to learn to respect the Ki!)

But this tour I have decided to learn the 109K4.  Most of my sorties are in it.  That said, I have flown some of the other 109 variants this tour and have been reminded of how much I love the 109F.  I would fly the 109F all the time, but in the MA there are too many other toads chasing my quarry and I seem to get mostly assists.,

I like the 109F model so much I have even tried flying in Midwar, only to find that most people don't want to fight there.  In fact, most Midwar players are fully involved in trying to "sneak" a base capture.  If you show up in the sector they are in, they quickly bug out and seek a new base to "sneak".  Sad, so sad.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2011, 12:17:02 AM »
Just about anything but a P-51, Spit or Corsair.  I like most of the planes in the game except those. 
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 12:22:47 AM »
Just about anything but a P-51, Spit or Corsair.  I like most of the planes in the game except those. 
:cry
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2011, 12:27:25 AM »
I used to fly the Ki84 almost exclusively.  Great plane!  (Tyrannis, you need to learn to respect the Ki!)

But this tour I have decided to learn the 109K4.  Most of my sorties are in it.  That said, I have flown some of the other 109 variants this tour and have been reminded of how much I love the 109F.  I would fly the 109F all the time, but in the MA there are too many other toads chasing my quarry and I seem to get mostly assists.,

I like the 109F model so much I have even tried flying in Midwar, only to find that most people don't want to fight there.  In fact, most Midwar players are fully involved in trying to "sneak" a base capture.  If you show up in the sector they are in, they quickly bug out and seek a new base to "sneak".  Sad, so sad.
i hate its cocpit (not saying htc messed up its design, they did i good job. i mean i hate the cocpit design in general).
i hate how small the window is in front of the gunsight.
i hate how thick the support rods or w.e there called are in the front.
i hate how cramped and small the cocpit looks.
and its cannons&fuel tanks get shot out WAY too easily.

idk why tho, but even tho i hate all this about it. its my best plane.i usually score 3-5 kills a sortie in it.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2011, 12:33:34 AM »
please say what plane you fly the most

K$ - pronounced Kay Muney - This aeroplane is called this cuz it is muney when things is hot and the $ sign happens to be on the 4 key.

and  explain your reason for liking it.

Um. Duh.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2011, 12:38:21 AM »
idk why tho, but even tho i hate all this about it. its my best plane.i usually score 3-5 kills a sortie in it.

I call shenanigans on that claim.   :noid
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2011, 01:31:39 AM »
F4U1A, it's just so purty!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline ARSNishi

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2011, 02:05:41 AM »
A6M5 by far.  I aspire to achieve the level of mastery of the zero that my namesake Hiroyoshi Nishizawa had.  I have loved turnfighting since I became addicted to the genre 13 or 14 years ago.  To those who would admonish me to "take off the training wheels Nishi!"  I say any pilot worth his salt should know how to beat a zero....  regardless of who it's driver is.      ~S~  Nishi

Fighter Ace vet lured to the dark side, a.k.a..  -AoM-  Fear the Mighty Mitsubishi Mounted Muppet!

Nishizwa in game, Nish or Nishi will work too

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2011, 02:09:48 AM »
La-5 and the 7 once and awhile when I am feeling lazy, also been getting more time in the yaks recently, I just love the planes themselfs from an enginering point of view aswell as the fact that I have family who was involved with them (not La-7)
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2011, 02:17:32 AM »
i hate how cramped and small the cocpit looks.

The AH version is positively roomy compared to the real thing. (No, alas, I was lucky enough to get a very up-close view of the cockpit of a real Gustav - the only flying one in the world at the time, IIRC, it was at Duxford - but I wasn't able to actually sit in it. I honestly don't think I would have fit, anyway, at least not with any room to move an inch, and that was in my thin student days! Presumably anyone tall or wide-shouldered went into bombers.)

But I know what you mean. The lousy cockpit ergonomics are a deal breaker for me too.

I've always loved everything US Navy, and the F4U and F6F are my faves. Spits are up there. In-game I fly N1Ks more often, though, or jugs and ponies on the attack.

I say any pilot worth his salt should know how to beat a zero....  regardless of who it's driver is.

Yup, that's exactly why I don't fly them!  :P

Offline Orbitson

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2011, 02:35:29 AM »
TU-4...er ah B29.  btw this may be helpful for AH uber buff hunters...oui mama, 12 X .50's with 1,000 rounds per gun!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5BJXwNeKsQ

:aok

Syd*****Flying with The Floyd
By the way which one is Pink?