Author Topic: Video of some upcoming tank changes  (Read 17314 times)

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
Re: Video of some upcoming tank changes
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2011, 11:50:58 PM »
So if you are in the exposed commanders position does that mean you die easier?

I have no proof of this but when in the drivers position or hull gun it sometimes felt you lived longer then when in the pintle or turrent positions. Just something you get a general feeling for after years of playing & may not be technically accurate.

Seems like nothing has changed with AH especially with all those that are inept at multi tasking (or are too lazy) support any changes that dumb the game down a bit. Plus they rubbish anyone that doesn't like a change for whatever reason be it valid or not valid.

GVing , although limited , did require some learning & some level of skill. Just seems a bit too easy now although some of the new features will be good.

Still a long way to go before I will  ever play again.
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: March 25, 2011, 11:55:37 PM »
Ummm... not kidding but may have the range off. Its probably closer to seven to ten miles (far beyond icon range). M4s rule the roost right now. Panzers and Tigers... not at all.
you're kidding right? The reason the Tigers cant do what they used to is because no one knows that a tiger was a STAND OFF WEAPON and not a close infighter like the m4s and panzers. they were meant to sit 2K-3K back and shoot everyone out in an open field. I was near a spawn last night (actually not camping the spawn itself) and i got 32 kills in a tiger and went home to land em. just because i sat 2,000 yards off and picked the enemy off before they got to me

will everyone stop saying M-18 in this thread!!!
:furious
you're making me wet myself

:( :bolt:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline hotard

• Copper Member
      • nampamodelaviators.org
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2011, 12:14:14 AM »
M18 M18 M18 M18 M18 M18
Someone please fetch bar a diaper.
Guys like me are the reason guys like you hate LA's

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2011, 12:24:59 AM »
you're kidding right? The reason the Tigers cant do what they used to is because no one knows that a tiger was a STAND OFF WEAPON and not a close infighter like the m4s and panzers. they were meant to sit 2K-3K back and shoot everyone out in an open field. I was near a spawn last night (actually not camping the spawn itself) and i got 32 kills in a tiger and went home to land em. just because i sat 2,000 yards off and picked the enemy off before they got to me

Im talking about long range shelling Bar. A tiger cannot raise its barrel anywhere near far enough. An M4-75 cant kill much of anything right? But at 6 miles (10k) you can saturate an area with HE and with 100 rds that means four hangars if you have perfect ranging. Hopefully this will not change with the new setup.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:26:35 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:30 AM »
Im talking about long range shelling Bar. A tiger cannot raise its barrel anywhere near far enough. An M4-75 cant kill much of anything right? But at 6 miles (10k) you can saturate an area with HE and with 100 rds that means four hangars if you have perfect ranging. Hopefully this will not change with the new setup.
it should be fine still from what the video showed.
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2011, 02:31:14 AM »
This all looks like a good thing to me. The GV's were in bad need of updating. :cheers:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #156 on: March 26, 2011, 04:15:08 AM »
Always improving, great job! Look forward to it. Heck I may even jump in a tank.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: March 26, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »
Not really.  I always liked to take a Sherman and park it right next to a tree with low hanging branches.  From the commanders and/or pintle position all I could see were tree branches but from the main turret I had a clear field of view.  That capability will now be lost and I'll have to park in the open.

We'll rename you "Wrongy McWrongenstein."

You still have the main gun view from inside the turret, just like before. You still have the pintle gun position, just like before. The only difference is now you drive from the commander's position instead of the driver's seat in the front of the tank, and from the commander's position you can manipluate the turret (but no fire the main gun).
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #158 on: March 26, 2011, 11:27:43 AM »

Still a long way to go before I will  ever play again.

Come back soon.  I have a bomb with your name on it.  :)
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #159 on: March 26, 2011, 01:54:41 PM »
For me the upcoming changes sound good overall.

Looking forward to trying it out.
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #160 on: March 26, 2011, 02:48:41 PM »
It is not that they do not like, but that they do not have the ability to understand.......

Whoa whoa whoa, listen here buddy......I completley understand the point. But why change what is already great? The GV battles are phenomenal. I don't see a reason to change it. A little respect would be nice too.

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #161 on: March 26, 2011, 02:54:45 PM »
Whoa whoa whoa, listen here buddy......I completley understand the point. But why change what is already great? The GV battles are phenomenal. I don't see a reason to change it. A little respect would be nice too.

My comment wasn't directed at you specifically, but generally... I've read a lot of comments here by people saying that they don't like the changes and think it is "dumbing down" - and the comments they make about what "is and is not" are factually incorrect - such as the comment above that the view from inside the turret would be gone.

The GV aspect of this game could be made a lot better, and I think the changes are a HUGE step foward. I say don't cock yer leg and pi$$ on them until you've tried them.
Floyd

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #162 on: March 26, 2011, 02:58:28 PM »
My comment wasn't directed at you specifically, but generally... I've read a lot of comments here by people saying that they don't like the changes and think it is "dumbing down" - and the comments they make about what "is and is not" are factually incorrect - such as the comment above that the view from inside the turret would be gone.

The GV aspect of this game could be made a lot better, and I think the changes are a HUGE step foward. I say don't cock yer leg and pi$$ on them until you've tried them.

I think its taking away the gv portion of the game. Its kinda like 'hey! Lets go into the commander position, oh i see something! Lets put our joystick on it and shoot without getting into the turret!!'

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline AceHavok

• Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: March 26, 2011, 03:00:11 PM »
New changes look great from what I can see. Now all we have to do is wait 2 weeks!!!  :x
Currently inactive.

Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding. - Albert Einstein

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #164 on: March 26, 2011, 03:05:58 PM »
I think its taking away the gv portion of the game. Its kinda like 'hey! Lets go into the commander position, oh i see something! Lets put our joystick on it and shoot without getting into the turret!!'

You have fired the main gun from the commander's position?
Floyd