Author Topic: Video of some upcoming tank changes  (Read 17287 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: Video of some upcoming tank changes
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2011, 08:03:06 PM »
Ummm... not kidding but may have the range off. Its probably closer to seven to ten miles (far beyond icon range). M4s rule the roost right now. Panzers and Tigers... not at all.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2011, 08:17:21 PM »
i meant the "that sucks if true" part chalenge...it's about time impossible ranges got yanked from tanks.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2011, 08:31:06 PM »
Ummm... not kidding but may have the range off. Its probably closer to seven to ten miles (far beyond icon range). M4s rule the roost right now. Panzers and Tigers... not at all.

At last check the Tiger and Panther have earned the perk price ad then some.  The k/d ratio is still heavily in their favor.

I think giving the tanks sights their due is going to make things better (as will the more correct tracked system of steering), there isn't anything that "sucks" about removing gamey game stuff and adding in more correctly modeled vehicles.     
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »
i meant the "that sucks if true" part chalenge...it's about time impossible ranges got yanked from tanks.

No thats not true. The actual Shermans were used in this way so its as if you are asking for less realism. It is true they were ranged by observers but we dont have those.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2011, 08:53:51 PM »
No thats not true. The actual Shermans were used in this way so its as if you are asking for less realism. It is true they were ranged by observers but we dont have those.

True.  Most tanks were used for indirect fire support in some manner when able and yes they were helped by forward observers.  Regardless of the new FOV's, that function can still be done just not as easily as previously.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2011, 08:57:56 PM »
Not sure thats true until we get to try it.

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2011, 09:16:33 PM »
He definitely said were getting the M-18! haha

Oh and all you gv noobs that are gonna be upping to try this out should be fun :devil 

Honestly this should be great for the game, but can we also fix the bushes and trees being made of concrete?

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2011, 09:22:52 PM »
Can anyone (Hopefully Pyro or hitech) give me a rough idea of when we will get this new system?

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2011, 09:28:22 PM »
Can anyone (Hopefully Pyro or hitech) give me a rough idea of when we will get this new system?

I bet they say....

"2 weeks"

:D

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: March 24, 2011, 09:56:05 PM »
indirect fire...nowhere near as accurate as the laser guided sighting in ah...no further than 3 or 4 miles...absolutely not 10...tanks were and are front line troop support weapons...that means close range, not 10 miles behind the lines firing like artillery...3000 yds with the sighting systems used in ww2 vintage tanks was a very good shot.

keep in mind the 76mm main gun on the m4 sherman was a modified field gun that had an effective range of about 3.04 miles...then they shortened the barrel by 15 inches which reduced the performance a little.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline dirt911

• Nickel Member
« Reply #100 on: March 24, 2011, 10:13:04 PM »
I bet they say....

"2 weeks"

:D

No surprise there.

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #101 on: March 24, 2011, 10:20:23 PM »
So it will be more automated, simulating the function of a 4 or 5 man crew?

Sounds more realistic to me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2011, 10:27:06 PM »
indirect fire...nowhere near as accurate as the laser guided sighting in ah...no further than 3 or 4 miles...absolutely not 10...tanks were and are front line troop support weapons...that means close range, not 10 miles behind the lines firing like artillery...3000 yds with the sighting systems used in ww2 vintage tanks was a very good shot.

keep in mind the 76mm main gun on the m4 sherman was a modified field gun that had an effective range of about 3.04 miles...then they shortened the barrel by 15 inches which reduced the performance a little.

What I am talking about it not accurate but area fire for effective elimination of area targets and buildings. Its ineffective against 'live' targets except the lighter green vehicles and even then takes multiple hits.

Offline Ratpack1

• Nickel Member
      • The Ryan Sayer Show @ OnTilt Radio
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2011, 12:14:56 AM »
Console Wins!
When you get where you're going, that's where you are! -Mike Brady
172nd Rabid Dawgs
"The Real" Commander of Awesome (Stick "Ozzie Nelson" Pig)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2011, 12:55:42 AM »
It's sounding like I won't be able to shoot at planes with my pintle gun while leaving my turret aimed in another direction anymore.  It also sounds like I won't be able to fire only my pintle or only my hull gun.  And if all the guns are slaved does that mean the machine guns fire when I fire the turret and vice versa?

It looks cool but I guess I'll take a wait and see attitude.  I for one will miss the interiors too.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.