Author Topic: cant stand the game anymore  (Read 4539 times)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Re: cant stand the game anymore
« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2011, 07:12:52 PM »
look kid.  your either having fun or you are not.  Do what you need to do, but I can assure you, you do not need to tell us about it.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2011, 07:14:03 PM »
well.im not even gonna get into how FUBAR gvs are.other then that ive flown almost all late war planes.

Who said anything about GVs?
I asked if you have any other experience to compare AH to? and you answer that you don't want to talk about GVs??  :headscratch:
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: March 25, 2011, 07:14:36 PM »
See Rules #2, #4, #6
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 11:40:08 AM by Skuzzy »
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: March 25, 2011, 07:15:09 PM »
Wait for it....
See Rule #4

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
Who said anything about GVs?
I asked if you have any other experience to compare AH to? and you answer that you don't want to talk about GVs??  :headscratch:

ive played airplane games but nothing online like AH.
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2011, 07:15:36 PM »
ive played airplane games but nothing online like AH.

What kind of airplane games?
99.9% of all the airplane games I seen are not realistic, AH seems to be the .1 percent.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2011, 07:20:59 PM »
3 days ago you are posting in the forums how you absolutely love the P-47M and are absolutely awesome in it.  So then you switch to the 262, get pwned and think it is a problem with the game?

Just as an FYI - I go HUNTING 262s in a Yak-9 because I only have to dive a few thousand feet at full power to get up to 500+, and once a 262 turns the acceleration is slow enough that they can be caught and shot down.  The 262 makes a wonderful bomber hunter, but there are a lot better things you can take to a furball.  

Go back to the P-47M.

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2011, 07:21:47 PM »
You realize, of course, that the single-most important factors here are- who's flying the 262, and how, and how good their SA is, right?

Who's driving the F4U, and how, factors in to some extent too, but nearly as much...

I'd love to see film, if you have it.

You'll have a much better experience in the game once you figure out how and why these "impossible" events are indeed possible, based on your SA and flying habits.

Mountainmn nails it! It'd been better to have posted a question than to make an accusation. Many of us have been exactly where you are in regards to how'd he catch me or what the heck was that ACM. The other day I got a harsh shout from a guy in an f4u4. He wondered (putting it mildly) how an f41a could catch the f4u4. Well he burned e initially. Then he stick stirred. In pursuit, I just kept flying smoothly and not try to match all the stick stirring maneuvers. I only wanted to the be there for that one second of straight flying. That single moment when you look back to see if I'm still there.

A film would have done wonders for the O.P. My best guess is he wasn't doing 550 and the f4 had alt.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: March 25, 2011, 07:27:29 PM »
He came, He saw, He got shot down in a 262 whined and left.

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2011, 07:28:17 PM »
3 days ago you are posting in the forums how you absolutely love the P-47M and are absolutely awesome in it.  So then you switch to the 262, get pwned and think it is a problem with the game?

Go back to the P-47M.

:aok  Excellent statement!   :rock  And don't forget the 150 kills  ( :rolleyes:) he had in it.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2011, 07:28:43 PM »
i dont NEED attension.i NEED the game to seem realistic.but to me it doesnt.needing attension happends when u have almost 20k posts.

Wrong.   I have NEVER started a thread even REMOTELY close to this, nor will I ever.   I don't feel the need to post I'll be taking a break, when I get burned out.   If you didn't want people raining on your parade.   You should have either brought an umbrella or never went outside.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Nutzoid

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: March 25, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
3 months of it.maybe i dont have enought experience.but what little i do,i dont like what ive seen

Well ok then, Bye.

Nutz
C co. 1st Bn 7 CAV 1st Cav Div  " Garry Owen"

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: March 25, 2011, 07:35:08 PM »
:aok  Excellent statement!   :rock  And don't forget the 150 kills  ( :rolleyes:) he had in it.

And that was in just one day.  Imagine how many he can get once he masters it!  :x
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #58 on: March 25, 2011, 07:45:35 PM »
by a f4u catching a 262 going 550.i was in a 262 going 550 and the f4u was catching me from 4k out

just now,im in a p47M,hurri2C catches me.this game is such BS

the only thing that can be considered to be "Bull Scatalogy" is your story of being caught by a Corsair doing 550mph from over 4,000 yards out and catching you.  Do you have a film to post of it?  I'm sure you'll reply that you 1) didn't film it 2) reformated your hard drive and lost it or 3) you accidentatly deleted it.

Anyway, a Corsair could only hope to achieve 550mph in a full power dive but most likely not without damge to its flight control surfaces and probably some other types of structural damage from overspeeding.  That's what would have happened in "real life"

Wow, I didn't catch your last line until now and I have to say that you sure topped yourself with that one.  A Hurricane catching a P-47N?  The only way that could have happened is if the Hurricane had an overwhelming energy advantage due to having the altitude advantage and dove on you for the bounce or you were a lot slower than you thought you were and grossly over estimated the Hurricane's speed.

Now that I've read both of your posts with your examples of how the game is "B.S", I've come to the conclusion that the problem isn't with the game but rather the pilot (you).  It is clear that you do not have a clear understanding of the planes that you fly in this game, nor a clear understanding of how to read relative energy states of both your plane or the bandit's plane.  There are probably dozens and dozens of other things that can be added up to show that the fault lies with your own lack of skill but the most glaring ones that caused your rant are due to you just having no clue about the airplanes, a clear lack of how to estimate relative energy states.

Of course, it's far easier to blame the game for your own lack of skill than to admit you just suck.  Reminds me of Schlowy4 and his constant rant about how porked all the Luftwaffe planes are in the game when the problem stems from his lack of skill and not any incorrect modeling of the Luftwaffe planes.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 08:17:36 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #59 on: March 25, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »
then why when im flying a b17,a p51 can give me a 2 second burst in the wing root(where i shot the other guy last night)and i go down.soo inconsistant.at least 2 of the 8 second burst had to have hit in the same spot.

Because the guy in the P-51 was probably a far better shot than you are. 

Do you know what convergence is?  It doesn't seem like you do.  Anway, convergence is the point where your bullets meet and that's where you want to hit the target your firing at.  Hitting them under or over the convergence point is just going to spread out the hits, lessening the chances of hitting a vital area.  Hit at the convergence with a burst from any P-47 and that plane is going to go down.  But it takes knowing how to shoot and for that you need to learn gunnery skills.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song