Author Topic: cant stand the game anymore  (Read 4533 times)

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: cant stand the game anymore
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 06:31:41 PM »
so you started turn fighting em?..   :aok  :rolleyes:

when i was in the 262 i was going to a friendly gv base,when i got there,there was 2 f4u's and a p47.both under me.i turned around and next thing i know...the f4u is within 200 yrds of me.

sounds like a SA problem to me
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:33:34 PM by kvuo75 »
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline killrDan

• Copper Member
      • Rolling Thunder Website
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 06:34:21 PM »
i dive on the hurri,hes at about 7k im at 15k.as i pull back up he closes to 400 yrds with me and shoots me once.

Last I checked, cannon rounds are faster than any aircraft in game.....
THUNDER MOB - CO
Battle Over the Winter Line - II.SG4 GL

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 06:35:16 PM »
sounds like you flipped a U'ie and lost all your E
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 06:39:55 PM »
i flipped a U'ie and was 4k away from him at the time i started heading away.the f4u that cought up to me was 6k when i saw him.after i turned he was 4k and circling around the base.when i saw tracers going all around me i looked back and saw the f4u 200 yrds away,the p47 was 5.5k away and the other f4u was 3k away.both the jug and 2nd f4u were about 3k alt higher
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 06:40:42 PM »
so you started turn fighting em?..   :aok  :rolleyes:

sounds like a SA problem to me

i ran away once i noticed the dar had 3 enemy cons,1 in visual range
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 06:42:28 PM »
So how much energy did you loose in that turn?
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »
was going about 550 when i entered,came out at 300.dove about 500 ft to NOE,was up to 550 quick
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 06:44:49 PM »
was going about 550 when i entered,came out at 300.dove about 500 ft to NOE,was up to 550 quick

not quick enough.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 06:46:08 PM »

F4U cruses well above 300. A 500ft dive will not get a 262 much speed. F4U can maintain controllable flight at 600 and is capable of reaching that speed in a dive. Therefore everything you said so far sounds realistic.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 06:48:03 PM »
not quick enough.

my experience with the f4u,diving about 5k only gets me up to 500 for a short period of time.only planes that ever cought a 262 were p51's.on accasion and that dove on them.not in level flight.
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 06:48:37 PM »
i dive on the hurri,hes at about 7k im at 15k.as i pull back up he closes to 400 yrds with me and shoots me once.
when i was in the 262 i was going to a friendly gv base,when i got there,there was 2 f4u's and a p47.both under me.i turned around and next thing i know...the f4u is within 200 yrds of me.gives me a 2 second burst and im down.6x50s are that effective?wow.cause last night in a p74m(8x50 cal)i emtpied 1/2 my ammo into a b17s wing and nothing happends.the only consistancy in the game i see is crap like that happening.

you probably pulled back up too soon And probably too hard  which will bleed you r E fast without extending first and the hurrican didnt close on you to 400 yards Its that you never made it past 400 yards beyond him. He caused you to overshoot then just pulled up on your 6 after you passed and fired.

Same thing with the 262. you overshot and they nosed to you for a guns solution.

B-17s Read a history book. B-17s were notoriously durable and known for taking a pounding
 Following 2 pics are from the same plane

And heres a link to pics of other damaged 17's that made it home

http://www.daveswarbirds.com/b-17/contents.htm

Furthermore. You can empty the guns of 3 planes into a 17. But if you dont hit anything vital. There is no guarantee its going to go down. all your doing. especially with 50's. Is poking little holes in aluminum. And depending on your range and convergence settings. The amount of rounds actually hitting Vs how many you are firing can vary widely. Half of your rounds may have been missing the plane entirely. Or hitting different places. Just because you see hit sprites. doesnt mean that all your rounds are hitting, or hitting the same place.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 06:50:13 PM »
F4U cruses well above 300. A 500ft dive will not get a 262 much speed. F4U can maintain controllable flight at 600 and is capable of reaching that speed in a dive. Therefore everything you said so far sounds realistic.

300 and 550.usualy 550 would be zoomin outta there.ANYWAYS.this is my experience with the game.so far its been pretty crappy.and its not just this one incident.crap like this happends a few times daily.and im done putting up with it for now
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2011, 06:51:55 PM »
my experience with the f4u,diving about 5k only gets me up to 500 for a short period of time.only planes that ever cought a 262 were p51's.on accasion and that dove on them.not in level flight.

LA-7
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2011, 06:52:19 PM »

That depends on how you dive. Your saying a P-51 could have cough up to you, just for the record an F4U can out dive a P-51, and there is a version of the F4U which is faster than a P-51.
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2011, 06:52:26 PM »
you probably pulled back up too soon And probably too hard  which will bleed you r E fast without extending first and the hurrican didnt close on you to 400 yards Its that you never made it past 400 yards beyond him. He caused you to overshoot then just pulled up on your 6 after you passed and fired.

Same thing with the 262. you overshot and they nosed to you for a guns solution.

B-17s Read a history book. B-17s were notoriously durable and known for taking a pounding
 Following 2 pics are from the same plane
(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

And heres a link to pics of other damaged 17's that made it home

http://www.daveswarbirds.com/b-17/contents.htm

Furthermore. You can empty the guns of 3 planes into a 17. But if you dont hit anything vital. There is no guarantee its going to go down. all your doing. especially with 50's. Is poking little holes in aluminum. And depending on your range and convergence settings. The amount of rounds actually hitting Vs how many you are firing can vary widely. Half of your rounds may have been missing the plane entirely. Or hitting different places. Just because you see hit sprites. doesnt mean that all your rounds are hitting, or hitting the same place.

then why when im flying a b17,a p51 can give me a 2 second burst in the wing root(where i shot the other guy last night)and i go down.soo inconsistant.at least 2 of the 8 second burst had to have hit in the same spot.
-Cpl Fish
-Tupac