Author Topic: HiTech - for the Love of whats decent  (Read 1525 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: HiTech - for the Love of whats decent
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 06:52:30 PM »
Im sure  he witll give the ability to aim the  sb and  guns to  a keyboard...right? I actually have no problem  with this patch except for the  bit
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 06:54:35 PM »
It's OK I don't have a keyboard either.   :noid

i can possible send you one for free.il just have to find a box for it.its a dell keyboard that comes standard with most of their computers.message me if interested
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 06:55:03 PM »
That's at least in direct fire mode, I'll have to do some experimenting with land and sea fire modes on the big guns which have changed somewhat and it appears do you use the WSAD keys according to the readme.

Sorry, yes, I meant in sea mode. Hard to hit anything in direct mode unless it's very close in.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2011, 08:24:52 PM »
I have been using joystick since i started AH to aim 5" ship gun, field guns and tank gun. 

Is there any chance of getting this back as an option?

As of now i cant Gv or use field gun or ship guns.

Please consider,
 Thank you

hg428CJ

Yes 428cj, it was an oversight.

HiTech

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »
What I have been think is,  why do have  a few $100 in joystick/throttle & rudder pedals..............

Oh.... and a flight seat.   My ^%$#*&%@#  keyboard  is to far away to get too.   :headscratch:

Cavalry
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 04:44:02 PM by CAV »
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline MaSonZ

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2011, 04:58:07 PM »
i can possible send you one for free.il just have to find a box for it.its a dell keyboard that comes standard with most of their computers.message me if interested
how did he type that post without a keyboard  :noid :rofl
"Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
HogDweeb

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2011, 05:10:33 PM »
my guess is plenty of people with CH sticks would wonder why they didnt just get a gamepad controller instead.

edit: no actually that would be ok! you just map the roll/pitch and rudder to a hatswitch! :rolleyes:

It would be okay because we can program keyboard commands to the axis of our controllers that would give us the same function as the old analog controls.  I just modified my CM template that used to use the analog mini-stick on my Pro Throttle as an 8 way hatswitch so that it now controls my tank.  I have the same control functionality as I did with the previous analog control system.

So, in your "nightmare scenario", it wouldn't bother us CH stick owners at all since we could bind those keyboard commands to the axis on our controllers and retain the same control functionality as the previous system.

Another reason to buy CH ^__^

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2011, 05:56:10 PM »
It would be okay because we can program keyboard commands to the axis of our controllers that would give us the same function as the old analog controls.

no it wouldnt*. analogue/digital. think about it again ...

*edit: unless you only ever use full deflection on your analogue axes.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 05:57:46 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2011, 06:51:17 PM »
no it wouldnt*. analogue/digital. think about it again ...

*edit: unless you only ever use full deflection on your analogue axes.

Yes it would.  You could even do it with the old game port CH controllers through Speedkeys that allowed you to program incremental keyboard commands on the Pro Throttle slider for those old games that didn't support an analog throttle. 

The same thing with the current CM control software, which is evident by a template I have that allows you to program keyboard commands to the mini-stick on the Pro Throttle.  With this script I can program the analog axis on the mini-stick with incremental keyboard commands that would then turn the mini-stick into a fully functional throttle complete with incremental movement.  With just a slight change in the script code, I can designate any axis on any of my CH controllers and program them with the same functionality.  In fact, I am currently messing around with another script that would allow me to program the W and S keys to the individual pedals on my Pro Pedals so they act like a gas and brake pedal and maybe program the A and D keys into the yaw movement of the pedals for steering.

The power and versatility of CM Control Manager just makes it another reason to buy CH.

ack-ack

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: April 29, 2011, 07:10:06 PM »
my stick has 8-bit resolution on each axis iirc. that would require 768 assignments to replicate. a WASDCV keyboard control system for pitch/roll/yaw would only give me 6 assignments. that is not the same functionality.

but you already know that. nice try with the obfuscation though :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #25 on: April 29, 2011, 07:22:40 PM »
my stick has 8-bit resolution on each axis iirc. that would require 768 assignments to replicate. a WASDCV keyboard control system for pitch/roll/yaw would only give me 6 assignments. that is not the same functionality.

but you already know that. nice try with the obfuscation though :aok

You recall incorrectly.  A joystick movements is on a scale from 0 to 255 for each axis but that doesn't mean you have to program a key for each "step in the scale" (i.e. program a keyboard command 255 times).  There are actually two ways to do it, depending on how you're programming the axis.  If it's just for a throttle all you need to do is count how many key presses it takes to go from 0 to 100% and program that in or if you're going to use bind keys used for steering, you can set the incremental numbers (0 to 255) which then mimics analog steering.

I know you don't understand this since you don't have a CH stick and never used Control Manager nor SpeedKeys before it and have absolutely no idea on how it works or what one is capable of doing with it.  

Control Manager (and SpeedKeys before it) was purposely given this feature to allow users to program their sticks so they can use them in older games that did not support analog joystick controls.  Even the old DOS software PTSETUP and CHSETUP had this feature so it's not like it's anything new and has been possible since programmable sticks came out.  Whether or not the stick you have allows you to this is a completely different matter but at least with CH sticks its possible.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 07:31:17 PM by Ack-Ack »

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
oh I understand what you're saying. my point stands, how many users would be willing or capable to setup their software that way? when the obvious alternative is to just assign an analogue axis ingame. and what about users with other sticks whose software isnt capable of doing this?

tbh I shouldnt have even mentioned gamepads - practically all of them have 4x analogue axes anyway.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline oceans11

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »
yeah I have. it was crap.

Double crap . All these youngsters in here .

Go Out and buy a Joystick

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2011, 09:00:55 PM »
I agree! Can we have an option to go back to the old settings for Gvs and SBs?

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2011, 11:29:31 PM »
Ack Ack

Any chance of you posting a walkthrough for us neophytes?

I rarely GV but I'm considering giving it a try since the last update. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute