Author Topic: AH should consider going back to old version  (Read 3232 times)

Offline *PAPA*

• Zinc Member
Re: AH should consider going back to old version
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2011, 08:42:46 PM »
Fix the GV situation or cancel my subscription. HTC has until the 15th of May before I cancel. The GV handling is totally incoherent
All Your Base Belong to us.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2011, 08:59:05 PM »
Fix the GV situation or cancel my subscription. HTC has until the 15th of May before I cancel. The GV handling is totally incoherent
don't let the door hit ya...
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2011, 09:12:55 PM »
Well, HT stated he is going to add rudder control of steering back to gv's, those who like the ADWS thing, keep doing it that way.
The only thing that will be added is an analog control input to steer. You will be able to use either keys or rudder/stick to turn with. We are not going back to the old system. We will also be adding some display in the commanders position such as speed and gear.

HiTech
If ya aren't on board with the rest of the gv stuff, there's naught more to be said...THAT part is an update
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Rino

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2011, 09:17:22 PM »
     Holy Drama Queens batman!  :rofl
80th FS Headhunters
PHAN
Proud veteran of the Cola Wars

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2011, 09:31:58 PM »

you are the first person that has said this. really, you are.     good gawd.   suck it up, buttercup.   scared of a little change? 
-AoM-

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2011, 10:38:57 PM »
Change we can believe in. LOL

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 12:54:12 AM »
one less gamer to deal with.  Next!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 04:53:48 AM »
Totally change the flight controls make it almost all mouse and key board and see how many flyer's complain. Took me almost a year of my time to learn to gv well.  :bheadcomplaints about the new system are legit totally wasted my time and money gving for that period of time. Its a crap update and did not in any way improve the ground war. Oh its more realistic all the flyer's say. Ya well take your zoom capacity away watch the tears flow. I'm sure a lot off ww2 fighter pilots used binocs while fighting. :furious

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 05:56:06 AM »
Totally change the flight controls make it almost all mouse and key board and see how many flyer's complain. Took me almost a year of my time to learn to gv well.  :bheadcomplaints about the new system are legit totally wasted my time and money gving for that period of time. Its a crap update and did not in any way improve the ground war. Oh its more realistic all the flyer's say. Ya well take your zoom capacity away watch the tears flow. I'm sure a lot off ww2 fighter pilots used binocs while fighting. :furious
Sorry to tell ya this Bub, but not a single aircraft in AH has a zoom ability.  All they have is the ability to narrow the field of view so as to get to approximately 1x magnification.  Normally we are flying around at something like 0.2x magnifcation.

The tank sights are now historical, something the fliers have had to deal with since day one, and have fixed zoom settings of 2.5x to 6x magnification, depending on the tank.  The Tiger, Panther and Firefly have two settings available.

I'm sorry if a little realism is spoiling your 5 klick kill shots, but you shouldn't have been able to do those in the first place.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2011, 06:28:21 AM »
Had AH launched in 2001 with wsad...and updated to the "old" analog system...my guess is the same folks would be griping about the change.  :rolleyes:

Offline Wayout

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: May 02, 2011, 06:40:46 AM »

I like the new GV system and hope they keep it.   :aok
  For most people the sky is the limit.  For a pilot the sky is home.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 02, 2011, 06:46:42 AM »
Think about it. You know how angry you get after you've spent 2 years working in a pare of breifs so they fit just right. The elastic is almost dead and fits your waist like a feather. The seat is worn down almost like silk. The leg holes no longer bunch up in the crotch.

Then you get out of the shower and reach into the drawer and the Ol'Lady has replaced your perfictly broken in undies with 12 brand spankin new ones right out of the plastic and thrown your comfy ones out with the trash wile you were in the shower.

So these guys are just chewin out Hitech for makin them break in new undies.....It's not like he's refusing to replace the old ones until the croch rots out......
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 02, 2011, 06:59:47 AM »
Sorry to tell ya this Bub, but not a single aircraft in AH has a zoom ability.  All they have is the ability to narrow the field of view so as to get to approximately 1x magnification.

Zoom in aircraft has about 3x magnification, the same zoom as the commander's position has in vehicles, or the gunner in low-magnification optics equipped tanks like the Panzer, T34, M4(75) and so on.

This is how a Tiger shows on the screen, picture taken always from about the same spot (+/- 10ft):

From a P-38 at max zoom:

From tank commander position, max zoom:

Through Panzer IV gunsight:

Through Panther gunsight, max magnification:

So yes, planes in AH do have zoom, they do have built-in tank optics, just without the fancy gunsight ;)

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 07:03:35 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: May 02, 2011, 07:35:56 AM »

Bye Bye.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: May 02, 2011, 09:35:33 AM »

:rofl ... you don't know Dale very well ... Demands with threats don't work very well.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."