Author Topic: AH should consider going back to old version  (Read 3236 times)

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
Re: AH should consider going back to old version
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2011, 12:48:27 PM »
Bye Bye.   

i guess u never played a "fps" wasd or up down left right. is a great way to control movement and your joystick uses same input basically for tank control anyway. but its more "commander" like to be able to drive tank from other positions. If we were required to have 2-3 people in the gv to operate it, i'd say old system would be way to go but this would be to difficult to organize and point is moot. and for new tank sights and magnification; i think its great and now long range guns have their long range advantage and it makes gv worth perks. i really only use "hat" to look around in aircraft so i dont use mouse look around but kinda cool feature.
<S> Hitech
Love the new system...but i would like to be able to use my mouse cursor as a sight again in aircraft (especially Mossy) and Ack  (wirb, osti) role which seems to be impossible if not difficult now.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2011, 02:29:44 PM »
i guess u never played a "fps" wasd or up down left right. is a great way to control movement and your joystick uses same input basically for tank control anyway. but its more "commander" like to be able to drive tank from other positions. If we were required to have 2-3 people in the gv to operate it, i'd say old system would be way to go but this would be to difficult to organize and point is moot. and for new tank sights and magnification; i think its great and now long range guns have their long range advantage and it makes gv worth perks. i really only use "hat" to look around in aircraft so i dont use mouse look around but kinda cool feature.
<S> Hitech
Love the new system...but i would like to be able to use my mouse cursor as a sight again in aircraft (especially Mossy) and Ack  (wirb, osti) role which seems to be impossible if not difficult now.

This isn't a fps shooter.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2011, 02:49:20 PM »

So you would like to utilize a gamey feature on GVs and airplanes that were not available to those who used these vehicles and planes in real life?
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #63 on: May 02, 2011, 03:30:48 PM »
So you would like to utilize a gamey feature on GVs and airplanes that were not available to those who used these vehicles and planes in real life?

It's so daft Slap!
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: May 02, 2011, 04:01:45 PM »
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: May 02, 2011, 04:05:58 PM »
I cant believe how many people were apparently using custom gunsight mouse cursors, talk about gamey :rolleyes:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: May 02, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »
I cant believe how many people were apparently using custom gunsight mouse cursors, talk about gamey :rolleyes:

No kidding... I was against it before but now that HTC has removed some of the mouse gunsight function, I wish they would finish the process.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2011, 04:22:11 PM »
I still think if you're inflight, autohide the cursor after 5s of inactivity. then as soon as you move it an inch or 2 it reappears. would sort out cursor gunsights and still let snail pickup his GV supplies :)
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2011, 04:23:57 PM »
I still think if you're inflight, autohide the cursor after 5s of inactivity. then as soon as you move it an inch or 2 it reappears. would sort out cursor gunsights and still let snail pickup his GV supplies :)

Excellent !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2011, 04:30:20 PM »
Agreed! Great idea!  :aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: May 02, 2011, 04:54:20 PM »

+3
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #71 on: May 02, 2011, 04:57:59 PM »

Folks we have a winner.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2011, 05:00:50 PM »

Ok how did you plant that microphone in my office?

Hitech

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2011, 05:05:55 PM »
great minds think alike ... ;)

edit: awwww ok I'll be honest - I only wishlisted it a coupla years back because I got bored of moving the mouse to the side of the screen. I'm still going to claim the credit tho :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 05:09:03 PM by RTHolmes »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2011, 05:10:12 PM »
Ok how did you plant that microphone in my office?

Hitech

Awesome !!!
SlapShot - Blue Knights