Author Topic: unable to connect  (Read 1001 times)

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
Re: unable to connect
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 09:29:35 AM »
Thanks Fugitive , well do .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2011, 11:39:31 AM »
Thanks Blagard , I pulled up the page to the router but I can not find where to turn the firewall off ..no where .Any idea what it would be listed under ?

From the main menu, choose Security -> Rules
Add a new rule for Inbound Services with a service name of "ANY" and an action of "ALLOW always."
Then, move your new rule up until it is the first rule in the Inbound Services section.
Finally, make certain that this rule is enabled by checking the Enable column.

Your Netgear Router firewall is now disabled and your internal network is now completely unprotected and open to attack from the Internet.

I have simply pasted in a solution from a google enquiry!

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2011, 12:23:37 PM »
From the main menu, choose Security -> Rules
Add a new rule for Inbound Services with a service name of "ANY" and an action of "ALLOW always."
Then, move your new rule up until it is the first rule in the Inbound Services section.
Finally, make certain that this rule is enabled by checking the Enable column.

Your Netgear Router firewall is now disabled and your internal network is now completely unprotected and open to attack from the Internet.

I have simply pasted in a solution from a google enquiry!

Thanks a bunch Blagard and the rest of you guy's that helped .
That worked . I never could find it in google .
thanks again for the help <S>

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2011, 01:24:49 PM »
That's great that you proved it was the router's firewall causing a problem, but I don't think you want to leave your router firewall disabled.  Better to create a specific exception for AH than to leave the router open to everything.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2011, 01:42:46 PM »
That's great that you proved it was the router's firewall causing a problem, but I don't think you want to leave your router firewall disabled.  Better to create a specific exception for AH than to leave the router open to everything.

I agree with oboe

also, check and see if the firmware needs to be updated for that netgear router...... you do it through the gui interface the same way you accessed the router via your web browser

you can also set your IP Lease

hope this might help

good luck, glad you are able to access AH again

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2011, 01:50:39 PM »
That's great that you proved it was the router's firewall causing a problem, but I don't think you want to leave your router firewall disabled.  Better to create a specific exception for AH than to leave the router open to everything.

Quite right - I think that all Flench needs to do is change the rule he created to disable the Firewall so that this time instead of "ANY" in the service name he uses the service for Aces High which may appear in a drop down box of the services.

Edit:
gyrene81's post below noted - Yep you're right when I come to think of it! - It shows how often I mess with my gear!
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 02:09:31 PM by Blagard »

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2011, 01:53:19 PM »
Quite right - I think that all Flench needs to do is change the rule he created to disable the Firewall so that this time instead of "ANY" in the service name he uses the service for Aces High which may appear in a drop down box of the services.
you're thinking windows firewall blagard...the router wouldn't know it exists so the name and ports would have to be manually set.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2011, 08:07:54 PM »

For Flench,
I suspect the Netgear Support Page below will help you create the rules you need
For the Service Name  just call it AcesHigh
The rest of the information is probably in this link to Skuzzy Post

Netgear Support Page

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »
Thanks guy's <S>