Author Topic: F3 view and the il2  (Read 5918 times)

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: F3 view and the il2
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2011, 09:24:19 AM »
1st, Ghi is a good pilot in any fighter. But, as some have pointed out, if you try to vulch him in his IL you'll probably be in for a suprize.

2nd, Then your argument should apply to all airplanes, and not just to 1 specific airplane that one specific individual has taken advantage of abilities (views) not available in the prototype, and masterd a technique.  So now the IL 2 is realistic, and any other aircraft with external views enabled remains "gamey"

So the problem I have is that HTC has responded with laser precision to the specific complaints of the "chosen" and not addressd the whole issue. If you don't think that is somehow not "gamey" then heaven help YOU.

Nice man crush you got going on.
See Rule #4

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2011, 09:32:23 AM »
every view you need is already available in bombers.   you want a dead 6 view??  jump to your tailgun.   you want i straight down look from a lancaster?  too bad, it didnt have a ball turret.  F3 should be disabled in all airborne aircraft.   this would decrease the number of lancstuka or dive bombing b17 idiots you'd see as well

Late to the party, but this.  This 10,000 times over. 

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2011, 10:26:43 AM »
10 guys yelling into the intercome where planes are is not much use to a pilot of any plane. The idea that a pilot could use this information to maneuver defensively seems to be conjured argument to support F3 mode. "Break hard left now!" from a turret gunner? And the pilot acted on it? really?  Bomber pilots fly straight and level and the gunners defend. The pilot goesn't need to know where they are to dodge them. 

As for those who make the argument that F3 is needed to replace the missing gunner communication of where the enemy planes are, that argument seems just as conjured. It takes a milisecond to move to a new gun position. It takes a lot longer for a gunner on an intercom to tell you where a enemy plane is or that one is inbound. 

In the end, you need to be in the bombsite to drop, and you need to be in the gunner position to shoot at incoming planes. F3 does not aliviate that problem.

I can't see the purpose for F3 other than to give pilots information they can act on, that no real pilot would ever have. So in that regard, in my opinion, it doesn't compensate for the missing capability of an actual crew because there is no actual missing capability. It does grant S.A. superpowers to a pilot that are "gamey"

If there is no missing capability. Why is F3 mode ever needed?  In my opinion, it isn't and should be removed on every plane. 

:salute Vinkman
Who is John Galt?

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2011, 10:55:25 AM »
sounds like all these ppl crying about f3 got there bellybutton handed to them one two many times so now they gonna whine and cry everyday til its gone so the game fits there flying style screw what others like
G3-MF

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
sounds like all these ppl crying about f3 got there bellybutton handed to them one two many times so now they gonna whine and cry everyday til its gone so the game fits there flying style screw what others like

Yea dude, in real life the pilot flew the plane from his all seeing cockpit. All he had to do was pull the nose up and let the trigger go.
Strokes

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2011, 11:08:16 AM »
1st, Ghi is a good pilot in any fighter. But, as some have pointed out, if you try to vulch him in his IL you'll probably be in for a suprize.

2nd, Then your argument should apply to all airplanes, and not just to 1 specific airplane that one specific individual has taken advantage of abilities (views) not available in the prototype, and masterd a technique.  So now the IL 2 is realistic, and any other aircraft with external views enabled remains "gamey"

So the problem I have is that HTC has responded with laser precision to the specific complaints of the "chosen" and not addressd the whole issue. If you don't think that is somehow not "gamey" then heaven help YOU.

The only things missing were a cigarette and some pillow talk with ghi.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #96 on: May 18, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »
well some ppl have played this game for years and always used f3 and others have not then when it gets taking out the ones who have been used to using it all these years get screwed from what they are used to for i dont care about il2 i dont use it anyway but there are ppl who used f3 and now that they took it out some ppl prob wont fly it anymore i mean u cant even goto DA and up a il2 in f3 mode in furball area.
G3-MF

Offline TwoStep

• Zinc Member
« Reply #97 on: May 18, 2011, 11:21:31 AM »
The only things missing were a cigarette and some pillow talk with ghi.

You know I love it when you talk like that.  :D

well some ppl have played this game for years and always used f3 and others have not then when it gets taking out the ones who have been used to using it all these years get screwed from what they are used to for i dont care about il2 i dont use it anyway but there are ppl who used f3 and now that they took it out some ppl prob wont fly it anymore i mean u cant even goto DA and up a il2 in f3 mode in furball area.

So your argument is because so many people got used to it they shouldn't change it at all? 

Weaksauce, homey.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #98 on: May 18, 2011, 11:22:17 AM »
F3 should be disabled in the da completely.
See Rule #4

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #99 on: May 18, 2011, 12:30:26 PM »
absolutely...  :aok
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #100 on: May 18, 2011, 12:35:11 PM »

Show me a pilot who flies in F3 mode in the DA and I'll show you a pilot who is pure suck.  Removing F3 in the DA would do more harm than good because:

1. The guys that fly around in F3 mode (the guys that suck) will probably quit because they are so used to flying that way, even though it is a horrible way to fly and shoot.
2. The guys that are used to using "The other guy shot me down in F3 mode!" excuse will not have an excuse anymore, come to grips that they too indeed suck and give up and quit.

It basically has no upside at all.  HTC should be more concerned with ADDING things to the game, not stripping things from the game.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #101 on: May 18, 2011, 12:35:31 PM »

Yeh, that's it.  :rolleyes:
Who is John Galt?

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #102 on: May 18, 2011, 12:44:01 PM »
Show me a pilot who flies in F3 mode in the DA and I'll show you a pilot who is pure suck.  Removing F3 in the DA would do more harm than good because:

1. The guys that fly around in F3 mode (the guys that suck) will probably quit because they are so used to flying that way, even though it is a horrible way to fly and shoot.
2. The guys that are used to using "The other guy shot me down in F3 mode!" excuse will not have an excuse anymore, come to grips that they too indeed suck and give up and quit.

It basically has no upside at all.  HTC should be more concerned with ADDING things to the game, not stripping things from the game.
doesn't take much to see who's using f3 in the da...it's fairly easily spotted and there are more than you're obviously aware of.

personally, doesn't make a bit of difference to me either way...my life doesn't revolve around ah, unlike many. for fighters, f3 should be considered a training tool...for use by trainers in the training arena.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #103 on: May 18, 2011, 12:46:36 PM »
doesn't take much to see who's using f3 in the da...it's fairly easily spotted and there are more than you're obviously aware of.

I don't care how many people subject themselves to an extreme disadvantage, in fact I mock them.  You can't fight in F3 mode.  Can you seriously argue that it's an advantage to duel that way?

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #104 on: May 18, 2011, 12:54:52 PM »
Macro for f3 up over the nose is easy. Again remove all external in the da.
See Rule #4