Author Topic: Patch 4  (Read 1073 times)

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Patch 4
« on: May 18, 2011, 04:06:07 PM »
For me the same issue every one sounds as if they have head colds or talking inside of a box. No other issues though.

Offline asleep1

• Zinc Member
Re: Patch 4
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 11:46:26 AM »
just out on AP - "massive head cold pandemic sweeps the nation!" The only protection for the unaffected - crawl inside of a cardboard box!

There's the problem right there.

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2011, 12:26:43 PM »
between barely readable and boxy, I'll take boxy...
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2011, 04:22:06 PM »
I'm pretty sure this patch added dynamic gain control meaning it is a compressor/limiter and the "boxy sound" most are hearing is the mic now picking up the natural reverb of the room........which varys from person to person depending on room size and furnishings.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 05:03:36 PM »
For me the same issue every one sounds as if they have head colds or talking inside of a box. No other issues though.

same here, sounds dreadful.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »
Not dreadful, just different.  Adds a more "tin" sound, more realistic to the radio communication sounds of WWII.   :D
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline PuppetZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 01:20:48 PM »
Could it be that due to the hiigher quality sound, it's more affected by other sound in the room your in. The other day I could ear someone engine sound trough his vox and just yesterday the music playing in the background of someone in AVA. Could it be  that those that use a standalone desktop mic might be more prone to voice being distant and/or boxy because of the distance of the mic. What do you think??
LCDR. Frank 'PuppetZ' Perreault, Squadron intelligence officer

VF-17 Jolly Rogers
'Kids, you tried and failed miserably. The lesson is : never try'

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2011, 02:14:46 PM »
i have been hearing a variety of vox transmission quality...floatsup sounded like he was sitting right next to me...a couple of other people sounded like they were talking into tin cans...and yet others sounded like cb radios...did a vox text to myself and i can't get the mic to transmit any louder than a whisper even though i all my other voice programs transmit very loud...it's a real  :headscratch:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 12:32:56 AM »
Yesterday mine was working well but today I logged on and my vox was all scratchy.. kind of like a loud static in the background.  I alt-tabbed to windows and in my Turtle Beach control panel raised the mic volume which fixed things.

Then I switched to SEA for FSO tonight and it was scratchy again.  I simply alt-tabbed out and came back and it cleared up.

After FSO went back to Orange and was scratchy once again.  Once again I alt-tabbed out and back in and it cleared up.

Might be due to my AKR8 headset (It's the USB interface version of the HPA2 headphones) but who knows.. definitely worth mentioning.  I do have my right speaker starting to go.  I'll be replacing them with the HPA2 in the near future...

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 03:07:02 AM »
Had a squadee with vox problems no vox at all at first.  We experimented and eventually got loud clear sounding vox.  This is what we did.

1- Preferences > Game Sounds (Tab).. Found more than one option in the drop down box for microphone..... tried each option until we found one that produced vox sound (initially sound was low volume) clicked apply and then okay.

2- Preferences > Game Sounds (Tab).. Tried to move the mic dB boost slider and found it did not respond.  Neither could he uncheck the box that says "Enable mic dB Boost".   Next step fixed all vox issues.

3-  Quit game and relaunched the game.  When returned the mic dB boost slider worked properly, and vox was easily adjusted.

I hope this will help some of you.  It seems that the changes to the microphone systems don't take effect until you re launch the game.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2011, 08:48:45 PM »
New VOX sounds wierd.
New GV Reticule isn't as easy to use.
Since Patch 4 I've had reduced bullet damage.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2011, 02:41:23 AM »
New VOX sounds wierd.
New GV Reticule isn't as easy to use.
Since Patch 4 I've had reduced bullet damage.

I really would like for someone from HTC to seriously consider this damage question.  I have a good friend who has been working with me on my computer settings and he suspects computer memory as being a culprit of the nerf bug.  Without going into great detail or sounding off the whine alarm, there is some merit to this complaint.  I just can't say that it is tied to this patch.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2011, 07:52:41 AM »
I had trouble getting vox to work. Once I did the .resetv and relogged vox works better than ever. Crystal clear.

I can see better in GVs now and can get hits before I die which I couldn't do before.

My hit % has gone up a couple points since the update.

The point is I don't think the game has a problem. Too many people play this game with laptops or don't realize that their computer is at the edge of it's ability to run the game smoothly. Then an update comes along and pushes their equipment over edge because of the new demands and it's all the games fault.

Just because you can run COD with eveything maxed doesn't mean you can do the same with this game. Aces is built different. Everything is run on your computer. COD is run on a server that you log into, so some of the computing load is on the server. Here it all you. So if your computer is just hanging on, an updae can push it over the edge.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2011, 03:43:40 PM »
I had trouble getting vox to work. Once I did the .resetv and relogged vox works better than ever. Crystal clear.

I can see better in GVs now and can get hits before I die which I couldn't do before.

My hit % has gone up a couple points since the update.

The point is I don't think the game has a problem. Too many people play this game with laptops or don't realize that their computer is at the edge of it's ability to run the game smoothly. Then an update comes along and pushes their equipment over edge because of the new demands and it's all the games fault.

Just because you can run COD with eveything maxed doesn't mean you can do the same with this game. Aces is built different. Everything is run on your computer. COD is run on a server that you log into, so some of the computing load is on the server. Here it all you. So if your computer is just hanging on, an updae can push it over the edge.

Not the case in my situation should have enough of everything.

-----------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 5/23/2011, 16:40:19
       Machine name: RODNEY-PC
   Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.110408-1633)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: DELL Inc.
       System Model: Studio XPS 435T/9000
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU         950  @ 3.07GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.1GHz
             Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8182MB RAM
          Page File: 2163MB used, 14200MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: 120 DPI (125 percent)
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 480
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_06C0&SUBSYS_14823842&REV_A3
     Display Memory: 4063 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 1503 MB
      Shared Memory: 2559 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1200 (32 bit) (59Hz)
       Monitor Name: Dell 2407WFP (Digital)
      Monitor Model: DELL 2407WFP
         Monitor Id: DELA017
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1200(p) (59.950Hz)
        Output Type: DVI
        Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 8.17.0012.7061 (English)
     Driver Version: 8.17.12.7061
        DDI Version: 10.1
       Driver Model: WDDM 1.1
  Driver Attributes: Final Retail
   Driver Date/Size: 4/8/2011 01:14:00, 12934248 bytes
        WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp:
  Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4580-11CF-6740-8E341DC2C535}
          Vendor ID: 0x10DE
          Device ID: 0x06C0
          SubSys ID: 0x14823842
        Revision ID: 0x00A3

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2011, 04:02:53 PM »
How much stuff do you have running in the background on that thing?

Is it a USB that is the setup for your sound/vox?

Maybe you should post the sound part of your Dxdiag too.