Author Topic: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results  (Read 44270 times)

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
Re: Seventh Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket & Results
« Reply #435 on: June 22, 2011, 01:41:44 PM »
Hey Joach1m if your going to use my quotes include the whole conversation, i was talking to YOU when you didn't want to post films IF you WON, wasn't i?. Nice Troll at stirring the Pot.   If Irish is disputing the duel then its up to him to say so right?  Make a contested statement saying so. The second i seen his post i knew where this thread is going and fast  :rofl

Yep, was the same thing I was saying when I saw this one:

quote author=68ZooM link=topic=305537.msg3988778#msg3988778 date=1300222790]
if krup didn't post films when he was REQUIRED to, then yes he would be receiving the same reactions from players about it, I'm sorry your computer is acting strange, have you thought about mapping the recorder to a joystick key? that's how i mapped mine, then when I'm done i can either name it and save or just hit save and it just gets a number.

[/quote]
Yea, simply because I can

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #436 on: June 22, 2011, 01:44:52 PM »
Maybe post another thread a petition so you can have the conversation not in the results thread.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #437 on: June 22, 2011, 01:45:20 PM »
cmon guys, really?   you have all 4 films, Krup clearly beat me, there is nothing to dispute here.  

Irish I agree, as I did in the sixth dueling bracket. I learned that I was wrong sadly enough. :salute

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #438 on: June 22, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »

Wiz approves.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #439 on: June 22, 2011, 01:55:19 PM »
The few once again killing any event they touch even ones they create.

Just for the record Kilo, I agree that Krupinski won the match with Irish and I think it would be a shame to see it overturned and truly hope to see him advance to the finals. In that same context I still contend that DrSpek won the last bracket and was saddened to see him lose on a stupid technicality for the same exact thing. This whole thing was, and is stupid.

And in the end, and my whole purpose for even saying anything is to this end: That this dueling bracket should be about good honest fights and may the best person at the time win. The whole fiasco about breaking a technicality and losing as a result should have never happened and those who supported it will hopefully see that there is two sides to the same argument.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 01:59:04 PM by The Jekyll »

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #440 on: June 22, 2011, 02:01:48 PM »
Just for the record Kilo, I agree that Krupinski won the match with Irish and I think it would be a shame to see it overturned and truly hope to see him advance to the finals. In that same context I still contend that DrSpek won the last bracket and was saddened to see him lose on a stupid technicality for the same exact thing. This whole thing was, and is stupid.

Just for the record Kilo I think Krup should be treated in exactly the way Spek was. If we are going to enforce all the rules fine lets do it in all cases. If people cant organise their films than they can pay the consequneces in the same way that if the accidently load a bomb or a drop tank that is down to them. No one should be chosing which rule to obey and which not to and everyone should be treated the same.

The problem with some people in these games is the only thing they focus on is winning and fairness is just what gets them to the winning post. If people behave this badly over a cartoon aeroplane game I would hate to have to deal with some of you over something that mattered in real life.
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #441 on: June 22, 2011, 02:02:00 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #442 on: June 22, 2011, 02:02:52 PM »
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #443 on: June 22, 2011, 02:03:11 PM »

How quickly we forget:

were any films available in that last mess? I don't really care enough to go back and look through all the posts, you obviously do so how many films were posted? in that match up the fights could/would have changed the out come of the duel?  

Krup posted his 3 winning fights the film he didn't save he lost in, so a rematch of that one fight has ZERO  effect on the out come of the match, so what is the point?

it would not change the out come at all.

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #444 on: June 22, 2011, 02:03:38 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

rofl,  :aok

Now don't even make me go back and get your quotes waystin,,,now that would be ugly :)

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #445 on: June 22, 2011, 02:05:44 PM »
were any films available in that last mess? I don't really care enough to go back and look through all the posts, you obviously do so how many films were posted? in that match up the fights could/would have changed the out come of the duel?  

Krup posted his 3 winning fights the film he didn't save he lost in, so a rematch of that one fight has ZERO  effect on the out come of the match, so what is the point?

it would not change the out come at all.

Ink you are correct, and yes films of all the fights were available, from at least 5 people (including Krupinski) who filmed the match. In the end the demand was simply this: The "winner" did not film "All" fights and therefore forfeits the match. It is exactly because I agree with your point that this whole thing was, and is stupid.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:07:33 PM by The Jekyll »

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #446 on: June 22, 2011, 02:09:26 PM »
The problem with some people in these games is the only thing they focus on is winning and fairness is just what gets them to the winning post. If people behave this badly over a cartoon aeroplane game I would hate to have to deal with some of you over something that mattered in real life.

I LOST!   why is this so hard to understand?  im not focused on winning because I LOST!  i'm thinking this is my last tourny appearance.   don't get me wrong, i had fun.   but this is ridiculous.     
-AoM-

Offline The Jekyll

• Nickel Member
« Reply #447 on: June 22, 2011, 02:10:16 PM »

I LOST!   why is this so hard to understand?  im not focused on winning because I LOST!  i'm thinking this is my last tourny appearance.   don't get me wrong, i had fun.   but this is ridiculous.     

He is talking about ME Irish :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #448 on: June 22, 2011, 02:16:27 PM »
Ink you are correct, and yes films of all the fights were available, from at least 5 people who filmed the match. In the end the demand was simply this: The "winner" did not film "All" fights and therefore forfeits the match. It is exactly because I agree with your point that this whole thing was, and is stupid.

were any films posted by the "winner" any at all? the last time? there was more involved in that last match up, but truly the drama is  :rolleyes:

yup ditto I wont be in another

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #449 on: June 22, 2011, 02:17:32 PM »
i think squad rivalries should be banned from future tournaments.