Author Topic: More players = Commissioned Sales  (Read 1905 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: More players = Commissioned Sales
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2011, 04:50:21 PM »
Fugitive     What are your ideas? Lol

He has none.  Fugitive has always been more free with what other players should be doing tho.  Nothing like getting slammed because you love the Game, love the company behind it, love the genre, etc. :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 04:52:39 PM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2011, 04:53:02 PM »
my idea is:

put up a big pink spitfire billboard on some busy intersection with some hot blonde chick saying  come  ride me for FREE!

one off cost and its bound to attract some male interest.   :D

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2011, 04:58:05 PM »
my idea is:

put up a big pink spitfire billboard on some busy intersection with some hot blonde chick saying  come  ride me for FREE!

one off cost and its bound to attract some male interest.   :D

I do like that Bruv! Can she wear one of Fugitive's t shirts?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2011, 05:00:54 PM »
Fugitive

Knock yourself out bro with the t shirt idea...because the un-incentivized program currently in place is kicking bellybutton isn't it?  How many t shirts did you have made?

You do realize that a lot of people have hit some hard times. People are more interested in eating than they are playing games. I don't know what your situation is like, but I know many people that have been out of work for over a year (I did 8 months myself).

When  :pray the economy picks up THAT would be the time to push for more advertizing and incentive programs. But again, it is neither YOUR place, nor MINE to try and run HTC. Do a few searches of post by Hitech. It won't be hard to find some that he has slapped down PAYING customers for stepping over the line when it comes to HIS business. Even tho they "mean well" and are only "trying to help" it isn't there place. That seems to be the part your having trouble with.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2011, 05:02:44 PM »
Actually, him taking the time to come up with an idea, good or bad, agree or disagree, does a heck of alot more for the community then comming in here and blasting him apart.How in the name of all thats holy can someone fault him for doing that?

He has no control over HTCs business dealings, business model or anythng else HTC oriented. Hes just trying to find a way to support a business  and a product in which  he finds great enjoyment.  

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:06:52 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2011, 05:08:10 PM »
You do realize that a lot of people have hit some hard times. People are more interested in eating than they are playing games. I don't know what your situation is like, but I know many people that have been out of work for over a year (I did 8 months myself).

When  :pray the economy picks up THAT would be the time to push for more advertizing and incentive programs. But again, it is neither YOUR place, nor MINE to try and run HTC. Do a few searches of post by Hitech. It won't be hard to find some that he has slapped down PAYING customers for stepping over the line when it comes to HIS business. Even tho they "mean well" and are only "trying to help" it isn't there place. That seems to be the part your having trouble with.
The part YOU aren't getting is it's an idea.  You talk like you have a deeply personal relationship with him.  If you do, great, if you don't, please allow him to evaluate it and again....I'm quite certain HITech will slap me down if he has an issue with it.  You seem to have his ear, give him a call and tell him Changeup is spending all of his company's money on a referral program.

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2011, 05:15:05 PM »
Actually, him taking the time to come up with an idea, good or bad, agree or disagree, does a heck of alot more for the community then comming in here and blasting him apart.How in the name of all thats holy can someone fault him for doing that?

He has no control over HTCs business dealings, business model or anythng else HTC oriented. Hes just trying to find a way to support a business  and a product in which  he finds great enjoyment.  Most companies would love to have customers that think this way.

Yes so many businesses LOVE customer input that a vast majority just let their customers run their companies while they just go out a live the rich life.

Suggesting a solution to the populaces on how someone should run his company better is the wrong way to go about it. You want to suggest, suggest away, their email addresses are posted on the company info page. I'm sure they would love to hear from you and will take your suggestion with all the time and effort it is due.  

Publicly suggesting that they don't know how to run their company ( because if you have to come up with the idea they couldn't possibly thought of on their own) is a great way to win over support  :rolleyes:

HTC got burned before when they did Warbirds, they are smart enough to NOT get burned again. Personally I think your out of line going public with this, but hey that's only my opinion.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »
Fugitive....so a referral program designed to increase subscribers is running the company?  Either you don't know a lot about running companies or you don't have a lot of experience running a company...which is it because it can't be neither?

I know from experience that 1 marketing idea doesn't constitute running a company.  I guess if it's not your idea, its not a good one huh?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:26:11 PM by Changeup »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 05:31:13 PM »
Fugitive....so a referral program designed to increase subscribers is running the company?  Either you don't know a lot about running companies or you don't have a lot of experience running a company...which is it because it can't be neither?

No a referral program is good, maybe not at this time, as well as adding another commercial on the History channel, but again not at this time. The bang for your buck in these economic times will be much smaller than if you wait until people have more money to throw around.

The problem is you going PUBLIC with this. Had you made the suggestion to HTC and they they wanted to do it THEY could make an announcement. You didn't even have the grace to start out your "suggestion" with "How about this for an idea....." You took it upon yourself to offer up $15 of HTC's money with asking THEM about it. Even planting the idea is sticking your nose where it doesn't belong.

As you said, if Hitech wants to slap you down thats up to him. I just voiced my opinion your your post was classless and out of place. Either way thats just my opinion.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »
No sir...you said that....not meAnd your opinion is worth what I paid for it
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:34:28 PM by Changeup »

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2011, 06:05:41 PM »
I'm sorry fugi, but in this case, I don't see anywhere where changeup criticized how hitech runs his company. If I missed it, I apologize, but all I have seen is someone posting an idea about how to increase subscriptions in the forums for discussion, no harm done.

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2011, 06:22:32 PM »
How can you become an affiliate if you do not have a website to advertise on?

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
I came to AH after watching the ad on the History Channel.  

I can only assume that a different ad with some new footage with some of the optimal graphics, new towns, cities, bases, and better looking aircraft would draw a few thousand more players.

Only the folks at HTC know the numbers.  While we can offer ideas and suggestions, let them make the decisions based off their experience and expertise.  Few things make me more annoyed than having people who have not ever done what I do for a living tell me how to do it better.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »
<edit>

« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 07:15:55 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2011, 07:06:56 PM »
It is only an idea but I doubt very seriously if HiTech or Pyro or anyone at HTC is insecure enough to believe that someone posting an idea to generate IN or OUT water-testing is a threat to their business or an attempt to tell them how to run their business.

If they have already thought this idea through, hey...I will be the first to admit I'm not smart enough to come up with an orginal idea, but maybe, just maybe some folks might like an opportunity to help HTC, themselves, and new players.

V/r

Changeup