Author Topic: More players = Commissioned Sales  (Read 1750 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Re: More players = Commissioned Sales
« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2011, 07:20:22 PM »

#4.  The History that may be learned about WW2 through this game and where this game may lead you to find out more about WW2 I believe is invaluable.

This is the key thing about the game.  Kids do not understand the history of WWII.  Yes, there are ppl on the BBS and arenas that pick on you if you do not know anything about WWII.  That what scares them away from the game.  
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2011, 07:23:41 PM »
how many people would be having their friends with computers just sign up and say that they were reffered by johnny just for the perks
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2011, 07:28:14 PM »
how many people would be having their friends with computers just sign up and say that they were reffered by johnny just for the perks

Or even people with multiple computers in there house that sign up just to get them. 

:banana:  :rock  :banana:  :rock  :banana:

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2011, 07:29:32 PM »
They wouldn't get the perks until theyve paid for 6 months
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2011, 07:30:41 PM »
Or even people with multiple computers in there house that sign up just to get them. 

:banana:  :rock  :banana:  :rock  :banana:
Please read the entire idea before you poke it in the eye

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LThunderpocket

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2011, 07:35:55 PM »
They wouldn't get the perks until theyve paid for 6 months

oh.

yeah its a pretty good idea i'd say.but what if you get reffered and they decide to quit after 4 or 5 months.so close but no cigar.but 6 months is a good way to implement and make sure people arent 2 weekers just for perks
"no sir,it's kind of like playing Lone Ranger,but no one has to be Tonto.its a game everyone wins"
-Cpl Fish
"I refuse to be a role model
I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottles"
-Tupac

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2011, 07:39:27 PM »
oh.

yeah its a pretty good idea i'd say.but what if you get reffered and they decide to quit after 4 or 5 months.so close but no cigar.but 6 months is a good way to implement and make sure people arent 2 weekers just for perks
yes sir....that protects HTC from gooses that try to manipulate the system :salute

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2011, 07:42:54 PM »
yes sir....that protects HTC from gooses that try to manipulate the system :salute

How can you manipulate the system? 

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2011, 07:45:27 PM »
How can you manipulate the system? 

That's my point, set up this way, a player cant

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2011, 07:46:48 PM »
That's my point, set up this way, a player cant

Your signature is funny.  Totally Val Kilmer!  AWESOME

But I didn't understand your response.   :(

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2011, 08:21:11 PM »
Your signature is funny.  Totally Val Kilmer!  AWESOME

But I didn't understand your response.   :(
I meant if HTC ever decided to do this type of referral system, it can't be manipulated by shades or multiple computer owners unless they want to pay for multiple subscriptions

Yes....Val's best movie!!

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #56 on: June 09, 2011, 08:24:28 PM »
Copy that sir!   :salute

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2011, 04:32:54 AM »
It is only an idea but I doubt very seriously if HiTech or Pyro or anyone at HTC is insecure enough to believe that someone posting an idea to generate IN or OUT water-testing is a threat to their business or an attempt to tell them how to run their business.

If they have already thought this idea through, hey...I will be the first to admit I'm not smart enough to come up with an orginal idea, but maybe, just maybe some folks might like an opportunity to help HTC, themselves, and new players.

V/r

Changeup

Its well intentioned enough Changeup trouble is it creates the collective effect on the community that some how the games makers are 'grasping at straws?' and has a snowball effect were people chip in their opinion, if left unchallenged the opinions will get more vocal. Theres already a thread inspired by this one, people seeing more of these threads side of side will leave a negative opinion on customers that the game is in trouble or that the makers are inept.

Go read for instance the Warbirds forum, I get a negative impression reading that, and that the game is in trouble some of the ideas by players are straight up ridiculous but it seems the games makers almost there almost encourage it for fear of offending people.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2011, 07:54:26 AM »
Rhino,

The others have given no reasons which is why I asked.  The single best advertising is a referral, period.  Which is a higher cost ratio, a one-time, 30 dollar payout or running the TV ad? As of late,  HTC has not had great success with status quo word-of-mouth or advertising, hence the lower subscription rate and threads on how to keep 2 weekers.  Also, what is more effective, you or I selling the gameplay to a friend or them watching an ad on TV?

Furthermore, who wouldn't spend 15 or 30 to make 60 and consider this....they would really be giving 15 or 30 back to a player they clearly already have a relationship with and that equals very little risk with potential for a long-term revenue stream.

If 100 players world wide refer 1 player each that is 9000 in ADDITIONAL revenue....with a 3000 credit.  Add that to the new players you say HTC already gets and I think it's easy to see how fundamentally unsound your answer is.

Furthermore...the idea has a built in retention feature....if you bring someone into the game, are you going to personally help them?  Of course you will and that will help them stay with the game long enough to get past the initial frustrations.

V/r

Changeup

Bribe?  Please sir....that smacks of reaching for something to type.

The idea is a sound and proven one Changeup. There may be some issues with folks quitting, and re-signing up under the referal program to get free months. Don't know if that could be controlled, or how many would do it.  :salute
Who is John Galt?

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2011, 08:02:35 AM »
Please read the entire idea before you poke it in the eye
:rofl

If it's more than four words and not in a flashing .gif 90% are going to have trouble with that request.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla