Author Topic: Central command  (Read 6199 times)

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
Re: Central command
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2011, 09:43:17 AM »
-1000000. If you want this then just join the biggest base-taking squad you can find. But leave it up to each player and squad how they like to fly, and how to pick their fights, and whether they want to take bases or not.

like i said the idea is to have a pool of people to go a mission to do something... you have a squad that has mission... so be it.. i am sure you could do with more people in your squad mission rite? no? you want it a closed affair so be it too.. this is not going to affect your current gameplay watsoever.. except to make it more fun.. well if the majority of people in arena dun want missions wanna fly on their own like solo hunters.. so be it.. but at least there is a ready pool when you are ready to go..
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2011, 09:50:24 AM »
wtg dude..instead of helping :aok

OK who is going to take the lead in the organization?

My vote is for you!

if everyone was willing to listen?

Are you actually referring to Aces High?
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2011, 09:51:50 AM »
RJO's , run by the rooks, had a large number of squad CO's getting together, deciding on what night the RJO would happen, email squad members the time and date. From the squad CO a temp commanders was appointed, who over saw all the operations for that night, large squad would be given a target to hit, two or more small squads were grouped together and assigned a target. We did roll a few maps. This also brough non squad personnel into the fight by join a mission as they were posted. The other countries complained and the eny process we now have would prevent any good RJO from working like it did back then.
DHawk

thats true... eny is the only problem i see with this... say RJO planned it on a random nite...which the bish or knits was not expecting... so therefore their numbers are significantly low...hence you get ENY... but in a peak period( say maybe avg 60 players a side or lull period say maybe 15 a side... this system will help improve those periods in terms of coordination.....really need to think further into this...
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2011, 09:54:00 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

My vote is for you!

Are you actually referring to Aces High?

no dude.. i was referring to the schoolgirls in my class :bhead
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2011, 09:54:19 AM »
like i said the idea is to have a pool of people to go a mission to do something... you have a squad that has mission... so be it.. i am sure you could do with more people in your squad mission rite? no? you want it a closed affair so be it too.. this is not going to affect your current gameplay watsoever.. except to make it more fun.. well if the majority of people in arena dun want missions wanna fly on their own like solo hunters.. so be it.. but at least there is a ready pool when you are ready to go..

It would lead to more base rolling, and the player base would take the path of least resistance to base taking, which is overwhelming force. The anarchic nature of AH is what makes it fun. More organization wouldn't necessarily lead to more "fun". You're assuming the goal is to take bases and win the war but not every player feels that way.

If you want something with more structure, there's FSO, Snapshots, and Scenarios. The MA is wide open, a lot of players enjoy it the way it is.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2011, 10:02:44 AM »
It would lead to more base rolling, and the player base would take the path of least resistance to base taking, which is overwhelming force. The anarchic nature of AH is what makes it fun. More organization wouldn't necessarily lead to more "fun". You're assuming the goal is to take bases and win the war but not every player feels that way.

If you want something with more structure, there's FSO, Snapshots, and Scenarios. The MA is wide open, a lot of players enjoy it the way it is.

the goal here is to have fun... in whatever you're doing.. fiter cap.. killling cvs...defending bases... vulching bases... gv blitzkreig... the idea i have is to have someone share that fun with you in a group~ this organising isn't abt winning bases.. its about having  more than 4-5 people to fly with you...whatever the outcome comes out of the mission.. maybe i am speaking from a rook's point of view.. therefore most of the other countries dun get me...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2011, 10:10:38 AM »
no dude.. i was referring to the schoolgirls in my class :bhead

Holly Donut Holes batman!  :O that's worse! Google "cityvibe" - that should fix you up!
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2011, 10:13:53 AM »
Holly Donut Holes batman!  :O that's worse! Google "cityvibe" - that should fix you up!

:aok
 :salute
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2011, 10:14:36 AM »
in whatever you're doing.. fiter cap.. killling cvs...defending bases... vulching bases... gv blitzkreig...... its about having more than 4-5 to 1 advantage ...

gotcha :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2011, 10:15:26 AM »
you're "idea" is all over the place...wtf is the actual premise behind the "central command"? some obtuse way of allowing armchair generals do what they do already without some make believe command center? just looking at what you've said so far, you enjoy megahorde base rolling...if you lose just one base, while your megahorde is busy rolling a base your tactic is a fail. the idea is to take a base while sucessfully keeping the ones you already have. the only good thing about hordes is they are target rich environments.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2011, 10:16:12 AM »
maybe i am speaking from a rook's point of view.. therefore most of the other countries dun get me...

Generally speaking there is no such thing as a "rook's point of view". All countries are being equal in having the same share of furballers, toolshedders, horders, "noble" duellers, GV guys and so on. Like in any chaotic environment like the AH universe, there are some temporary structures appearing every now and then. Some times one country get's ganged, then it's another country's turn for some time. Same for any kind of player's organization.

It simply goes in cycles: Some country gets rolled, at one point a sufficient number of players is not only fed up but finally manage to coordinate. With a bit of luck out of this tiny seed either a new base taking mega squad or a kind of alliance will grow. Quite often made up of players that are relatively new to AH and now think they are the first ones to be "organized" in such a large way;  in truth they are just the 783st incarnation of the Big Locust.
After some time, the megasquad or alliance starts to crumble: Players leave the game, others get bored with flying around in the swarm,´generals fight each other more over the right strategy than they do fight the enemy.

We have been through this cycles a lot of times in every country, and old AH players can name a quite a number of former mega horde squads and alliances.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2011, 10:18:29 AM »
I vote for Corky........all those in favor say "I"

With a humble heart I accept your vote.  Now as supreme commander I issue my first order.  Disperse and disorganize!  Life's too short to worry about winning a cartoon war.  Get out there and dogfight!
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2011, 10:20:58 AM »
you're "idea" is all over the place...wtf is the actual premise behind the "central command"? some obtuse way of allowing armchair generals do what they do already without some make believe command center? just looking at what you've said so far, you enjoy megahorde base rolling...if you lose just one base, while your megahorde is busy rolling a base your tactic is a fail. the idea is to take a base while sucessfully keeping the ones you already have. the only good thing about hordes is they are target rich environments.

dude...like i said this is isn't abt rolling bases..thats secondary...well the idea if you bother to read what i post earlier is to have a pool of people to help you accomplish what you want in the game..with this pool.. a base gets taken? no problem!... re organise another mission to hit it... or circumvent it till its ready to be taken... like i said... you wanna control the horde? get organised!
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2011, 10:27:41 AM »

Generally speaking there is no such thing as a "rook's point of view". All countries are being equal in having the same share of furballers, toolshedders, horders, "noble" duellers, GV guys and so on. Like in any chaotic environment like the AH universe, there are some temporary structures appearing every now and then. Some times one country get's ganged, then it's another country's turn for some time. Same for any kind of player's organization.

It simply goes in cycles: Some country gets rolled, at one point a sufficient number of players is not only fed up but finally manage to coordinate. With a bit of luck out of this tiny seed either a new base taking mega squad or a kind of alliance will grow. Quite often made up of players that are relatively new to AH and now think they are the first ones to be "organized" in such a large way;  in truth they are just the 783st incarnation of the Big Locust.
After some time, the megasquad or alliance starts to crumble: Players leave the game, others get bored with flying around in the swarm,´generals fight each other more over the right strategy than they do fight the enemy.

We have been through this cycles a lot of times in every country, and old AH players can name a quite a number of former mega horde squads and alliances.

so you think there really isn't a point to this pool at all? i think there is still hope somewhere... cos the pool did help us today.. and it will help us if we continue..since now we have only 1 arena..game play might be how it was when we had brown town buildings and 2 churches...
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2011, 10:28:22 AM »
With a humble heart I accept your vote.  Now as supreme commander I issue my first order.  Disperse and disorganize!  Life's too short to worry about winning a cartoon war.  Get out there and dogfight!

YES SIR! :salute
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen