Author Topic: WTF Guys?  (Read 955 times)

Offline sycodon

• Zinc Member
WTF Guys?
« on: August 09, 2011, 07:38:14 PM »
I download the last update, install and now the game crashes as soon as it loads the tower.

64 bit win 7. Fully patched.
Intel Pentium D, 2.73 Hz, 4 gigs ram.

You don't have a 64 bit win 7 machine there?

It's been pretty crappy the last three updates...crashing when you are a bit to free with the view keys, but to not even really start?

Come on.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:59:19 PM by sycodon »

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: WTF Guys?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 07:45:44 PM »
I think I did everything right, but now I can't play the game :cry:

64 bit win 7

Why don't you have what so many people do?

This game has kind sucked recently. I can't see where I'm going, and now the game won't even start. :(

I have a 64 bit Windows 7 myself. It works fine.

Offline sycodon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 07:47:46 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:05:39 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 07:48:58 PM »
Oh. Ok!

:)

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 08:16:33 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 09:05:53 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2011, 08:18:06 PM »
Well BFDeal for you.

My UNCHANGED system worked yesterday and now it doesn't. The only diff is the game.

Try using some basic logic and you tell me what I should think?

Dip stick

Like Skuzzy says, as long as you connect your computer to the internet IT IS GETTING CHANGED. Microsoft loves messing with your computer and they don't bother telling you about it.

Now if you like some help you could start with a dxdiag and your ingame settings. If you DON'T want any help you can continue to post little rants and whines here on the boards while the rest of us are on-line playing the game.

Your choice. <S>

Offline sycodon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »
Did that already.

And if I want to rant because they break the damned game, then it's my privilege since I pay for it.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2011, 08:25:56 PM »
Like Skuzzy says, as long as you connect your computer to the internet IT IS GETTING CHANGED. Microsoft loves messing with your computer and they don't bother telling you about it.

Now if you like some help you could start with a dxdiag and your ingame settings. If you DON'T want any help you can continue to post little rants and whines here on the boards while the rest of us are on-line playing the game.

Your choice. <S>

Sycodon is right. You can't have an "unchanged" system nowadays. Microsoft updates... that's about the only one I can think of right now. But as long as your computer is going to receive and send packets, your system will continue to change.

BY THE WAY, DIPSTICK...

Try downloading like the patch that was released several times ago. Then when you go to try and play AH online, it will say you need the new update, then download that. Now that it's running, it should work.

THAT'S what you should think.

Dipstick.

Offline GhostRider2110

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2011, 08:28:11 PM »
I do believe it is patch Tuesday from M$...  May want to see where your last restore point is... See if you had one of M$'s famous feature rich patch.. :)

--Mitch
--Mitch AKA SEBaker

XO I./JG 1 DGS II scenario
Mitchell Baker AMA 7548 GSWA WB251 10th AF USSMA 358
Webmaster THRCC

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2011, 08:30:00 PM »
Did that already.

And if I want to rant because they break the damned game, then it's my privilege since I pay for it.

They didn;t break it. Your system in particular just doesn't like how they did something.

Offline sycodon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2011, 08:35:09 PM »

First, I have updates turned off precisely because of this kind of crap with other stuff in the past.

Second, I don't expect to have to go back and trouble shoot a game that I PAY for, that worked before the patch and now doesn't. YOU may be happy to debug their game, I'm not. I have neither the time nor the inclination.

I don't ask my customers to debug my applications and HTC shouldn't ask us to either. And I expect if you were to ask them, they would agree.

So I'll just wait while they examine the dxdiag and figure out what they screwed up.

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2011, 08:38:47 PM »
So if you don't have the time to debug this, or figure out how to troubleshoot a game that (presumably) you enjoy playing, how can you play? :headscratch:

I am genuinely curious as to how you have enough time to play, but not enough time to figure something out with Skuzzy or HiTech.

Maybe, one evening as you're about to log on to the BBS to whine and rant, you could remember that "Oh, yeah-- Aces High still doesn't work!"

Then you could try and sort things out with Skuzzy or HiTech, and be able to play your game again soon.

Tada!

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2011, 08:43:41 PM »
come on man.....there seems to be maybe a couple of people who have experienced an issue with this patch....you being one of them....so then, perhaps you could not follow in the footsteps of your name there, take a few deep breaths and try again...you have wasted more time responding here than it would take to re check YOUR system...but I know how precious a complainants time is so I shouldn't even suggest such drivel...I too used to be so hooked that if I didn't get my fix it was everybody elses fault...but I soon found that it was usually my problem to begin with...and with the help of people here it was quickly sorted...but you need the time...just saying

Offline GhostRider2110

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 08:45:38 PM »
Well not the M$ patches... Just updated mine and restarted game and no problem...  Sorry your having issues.. I know it can be frustrating...   but to be fair, there is no way HTC can QC for every driver/version/HW config out there.. and of the games I have played from MY experiences they do a great job.   Not that I use winders for much besides playing games.. my primary OS is Linux..    Good luck... --Mitch
--Mitch AKA SEBaker

XO I./JG 1 DGS II scenario
Mitchell Baker AMA 7548 GSWA WB251 10th AF USSMA 358
Webmaster THRCC

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 08:57:23 PM »
My 64-Bit Win 7 Ultimate is running it fine.

I have all the "Updating" Turned on.

So look for drivers... video and sound would be my first suspects FWIW.