Author Topic: 12 hour rule and the "less" fun it created for me  (Read 9235 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Re: 12 hour rule and the "less" fun it created for me
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2011, 04:22:46 PM »
nevermind
Wag more, bark less.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2011, 04:24:58 PM »
No offense to anyone, but I see this thread kinda like the little 7yo kid who walks inside to his mother during the summer break and says "Mom, I cant find nuttin' to do, I'm bored."  

There are a ton of things in AH that do not need bucket loads of enemy to do.  Ever take up Boston III's to 12k (their best alt for speed) and run the gauntlet? Take some Ju88's to the strategic targets.  Try and bring up the white flag at a town using only a M4/75 Calliope variant (it can be done). Take the A6M5 w ord and go de-ack a town.  Take the M3/75mm and try and de-ack a field.  On and on.  

If all a person does is fly around looking for a specific kind of fight then of course the view of the game is going to be narrower.    
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »
You could cut that in half again (3 hours) and I don't think any "fluctuation gains" would be lost yet it would significantly improve the ability to make a country switch if one wanted to jump to a lesser populated country.

Also, this BS time restraint should only be applied to the LW arena ... EW and MW should remain at 1 hour.

Yep, I agree. 

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2011, 04:49:13 PM »
No offense to anyone, but I see this thread kinda like the little 7yo kid who walks inside to his mother during the summer break and says "Mom, I cant find nuttin' to do, I'm bored."  

There are a ton of things in AH that do not need bucket loads of enemy to do.  Ever take up Boston III's to 12k (their best alt for speed) and run the gauntlet? Take some Ju88's to the strategic targets.  Try and bring up the white flag at a town using only a M4/75 Calliope variant (it can be done). Take the A6M5 w ord and go de-ack a town.  Take the M3/75mm and try and de-ack a field.  On and on.  

If all a person does is fly around looking for a specific kind of fight then of course the view of the game is going to be narrower.    

The point is, exactly the type of fight they're looking for is right there in front of them, unfortunately they're on the wrong side of it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: August 15, 2011, 04:50:59 PM »

my view of this game is very narrow,  I don't fly bombers...I don't drive GV's....I don't fly under anything but fighter mode, I hate fighting green guys for my kills, I love a knock down drag out fight that gets my blood pumping, now a days that takes a few nme,     I don't care what other flys I dont care if I am HO'ed  I dont care if I am ganged, thats actually what I fly for, I don't care how many fields are taken, there is always another to up from, I don't care how many times I am on the losing side of the "war" I have NEVER switched to spy cheat or get extra perks....

so ya I hope you can see how this 12 hour thing is just a deal breaker for me, I truly hope HTC does something about this soon.

HTC hopefully you are listening to your loyal customers and find a way to fix this..there has to be a way......why was it implemented....because it was like that before...just seems.....well a bad excuse, I used to absolutely love this game, not so much any more, it feels like you are going in the opposite direction of what you have previously said....forcing people to fly on a country they don't want to, forcing a particular game play "style"  

rant over

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: August 15, 2011, 04:59:22 PM »

HTC hopefully you are listening to your loyal customers and find a way to fix this..there has to be a way......why was it implemented....because it was like that before...just seems.....well a bad excuse, I used to absolutely love this game, not so much any more, it feels like you are going in the opposite direction of what you have previously said....forcing people to fly on a country they don't want to, forcing a particular game play "style"  

rant over

So instead of 12 hours you'd like to see....   2 hours?  3 hours?
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #81 on: August 15, 2011, 05:00:27 PM »

1-2 hours would be nice.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2011, 05:06:49 PM »
I'd rather aim for 4 hours country change limit.

A lot can change in 4 hours; some entire squads can log on and completely swing the balance of numbers from one side to another (it is also the number of time zones in the US, which works nicely).
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: August 15, 2011, 05:19:32 PM »

no Time limit, with penalties for switching to higher number side, switching to the lowest numbered side should always be free and without penalty.

hell I wouldn't care even if there was a no ord or cross country chat suspension for a time, even switching to the low numbered side.

I truly do understand that some will spy go out of there way to sink that CV...no matter what if thats what they want to do its still gonna happen hell they dont even have to switch all they gotta do is PM someone on other side...cheaters will always find a way around the rules, to make their game "easier"  we who love the fight are being punished...that's how I see this, for actions of a very minor few.....no not the "few" a few minor....ehhh you get my point....hopefully :headscratch:

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: August 15, 2011, 05:26:43 PM »
I'd rather aim for 4 hours country change limit.

A lot can change in 4 hours; some entire squads can log on and completely swing the balance of numbers from one side to another (it is also the number of time zones in the US, which works nicely).

This seems a logical solution,it would address the conserns that Grizz has mentioned also. I've enjoyed both sides,chess piece loyalty and switching for the fight,surely a happy medium can be found that would take these things into account.

:salute

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: August 15, 2011, 05:32:15 PM »
How about leave it at 12 hours and charge perk points to switch to the higher numbered side within the 12 hours?

If the side has lower numbers or 12 hours has passed, it is free.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #86 on: August 15, 2011, 05:42:28 PM »
How about leave it at 12 hours and charge perk points to switch to the higher numbered side within the 12 hours?

If the side has lower numbers or 12 hours has passed, it is free.

hell even this would be so much better, like JuG said earlier there is an ebb and flow to the hoard and my fun is flying into certain death, cant really do that when its nothing but green guys vulching all the red guys fields.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: August 15, 2011, 05:46:15 PM »
:huh So...  Instead of being able to switch sides to find a good fight, you propose flying alone 3/4 of an hour out of my way round trip to take on two sides at once?  Really?  This is good gameplay and a viable solution?

Just to scroll back a few pages, forgive my selective quote here. Yes that is what I am suggeting, although realisticaly you're only looking at 15-20 mins to get to the area. This type of thing mimic wonderfully the feeling of a real WWII combat sortie for me. That is what I am playing this game for, to mimic as best I can the feeling of aerial combat with guns. It adds a huge incentive to stay alive when you have invested time getting to the combat zone and it also requires alot more carefull tactics in order to make it home. Nothing feels quite like flying home for 20 mins after some exhilerating dogfighting far into enemy territory. I thrive on lone wolf tactics, I find I do alot better when I have no one but myself to take care of. I will log in, do one sortie like this and then log off for the night. That is, to me, far more rewarding and fun than mindless furballing for 15 sorties in that time. I love mindless furballing, but it does not really mimic WWII combat nearly as much as a long range single sortie per night. Just another perspective.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #88 on: August 15, 2011, 05:48:31 PM »
The hard part for me is that I don't get that much flying time.  And when I do it's usually late night.  If you guess wrong and the fights die, you are stuck.  That can get a bit discouraging.

I'm of the same mindset as INK.  I don't care about the war.  I don't have any interest in 'spying' other then saying where I'm going to be looking to get shot down.  When I get the chance to fly I don't want to use that limited time having to fly some great distance to the fight.

What's sad to me is that there even has to be any thought put into a time limit.  That really doesn't reflect very highly on those players who are so serious about the game and the 'war' that they would go out of their way to 'win' to the point their actions cause the rest of us to pay the price when all we want to do is have a good fight in our cartoon airplanes.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: August 15, 2011, 05:55:49 PM »
Lets say you have 1 hour to play for. If you fly one sortie for an hour rather than 10 quick sorties in an hour, could it not be possible to enjoy that one sortie just as much? Quality over quantity?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.