Author Topic: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's  (Read 18661 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: vTards move Rook and start hiding the CV's
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
Do you even play the game?

He's right actually. He just repeated himself, but both versions of that one reason are correct.

Only other reasons you should bail out are

1) base under horde-attack, you need to go defend  :airplane:.

2) oh crap, dinners on fire, I gotta go  :bolt:.

3) You're outa gas and are going down anyway. Might as well deny someone the perks if they're going to get the kill either way.

But if you have even a slight chance of surviving to land, you shouldn't bail.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 07:28:10 PM »
Apparently they voted on it on VOX :)

No, I said it was discussed on vox and the decision was made to scrub the mission in order to rally quickly again with the goon pilots who had been spied out and downed.  As Loki correctly said, bailing out is NOT a common practice.  In fact, I am only aware of one other mission bail before, when it was decided that a more important objective had come up.

On the other hand, I have seen bombers and ords porkers bail out, undamaged, many, many times, rather than "fight it out".  Personally, I don't like the idea of bailing under any circumstances.  It's just not my style.  But, I don't tell other people how to play the game.  I also don't call out the pilots that do it in order to whine about it ad nauseum in the forums and try to bash their entire squad membership.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 07:29:27 PM »
i bail all the time to defend a noe attack as long as i'm not in combat.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 07:31:38 PM »
No, I said it was discussed on vox and the decision was made to scrub the mission in order to rally quickly again with the goon pilots who had been spied out and downed.  As Loki correctly said, bailing out is NOT a common practice.  In fact, I am only aware of one other mission bail before, when it was decided that a more important objective had come up.

On the other hand, I have seen bombers and ords porkers bail out, undamaged, many, many times, rather than "fight it out".  Personally, I don't like the idea of bailing under any circumstances.  It's just not my style.  But, I don't tell other people how to play the game.  I also don't call out the pilots that do it in order to whine about it ad nauseum in the forums and try to bash their entire squad membership.

kingpin with all respect here, but why not continue to the target and flatten the feild while the goons are coming back?  kill the air threats base is yours.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 07:35:57 PM »

He's right actually. He just repeated himself, but both versions of that one reason are correct.

Only other reasons you should bail out are

1) base under horde-attack, you need to go defend  :airplane:. +1

2) oh crap, dinners on fire, I gotta go  :bolt:. +1, but it can wait :devil

3) You're outa gas and are going down anyway. Might as well deny someone the perks if they're going to get the kill either way. -1. ditch and dont give them the kill just to be mean :t

But if you have even a slight chance of surviving to land, you shouldn't bail.
and, about the "slight" chance of survival, sometimes its better to bail because you could have easily bailed then upped another plane in 2 seconds. id only suggest that if its a high-priced perk plane such as the 234,262 b29 ect...

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 07:40:00 PM »
Can you please respond to my post in regards to something being within the "rules" but also being poor sportsmanship?  Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to bail out before engagement?  Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to stalemate a carrier?

Don't go the unsportmanship route Grizz, or do you forget that escapade I had with the phew a while ago?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2011, 07:40:31 PM »
I've killed planes with a Ju-88's guns. I've even (partially) killed an I-16 with a SBD's guns before. Stupid F4UC stole the kill, but I'd removed part of his wing.

And if you bail in enemy territory, you lose your full perks, not half your perks like if its in friendly territory.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2011, 07:42:44 PM »
Do you think it is poor sportsmanship to stalemate a carrier?

I do not see how it is poor sportsmanship to "stalemate" a carrier. There are 200 other fields on the map where fights can be had. The vast majority of them can't be moved so it isn't an issue. And the CVs whose ports are friendly can be used as aggressively as anyone wants. It's hardly as if all fighting on the map grinds to a stalemate because 1 or 2 bases out of dozens or hundreds are effectively removed from play.

Do you think it's bad sportsmanship when playing 8-ball to leave one of your balls blocking a pocket and take a more difficult shot instead? Is it bad sportsmanship to pump fake in football, or to run a draw? Or to throw to an open receiver instead of finding the guy who's surrounded by the most defenders?

Choosing to launch your attacks from bases the enemy can't steal from you with a couple of well-placed bombs rather than from the ones he can isn't bad sportsmanship or "avoiding combat," it's just good strategy.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2011, 07:53:18 PM »
No but keeping others from effectivly using those few fields is bad sportsmans ship. Just like it would be bad sportsmanship to block someone else's pocket to try to get them to go for an easier shot in 8-ball.

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
kingpin with all respect here, but why not continue to the target and flatten the feild while the goons are coming back?  kill the air threats base is yours.

Valid question, but you must have missed that this was an NOE mission.  Despite having chosen a rather long path over the water through an inactive area of the map, the mission was spotted.  The sudden, large dar-bar in sector followed by the prompt arrival of interceptors, made it clear the NOE mission and location had also been announced.  I think you would agree that at that point, an NOE raid had no chance of success.

Actually, this why the squad USUALLY goes in with alt (despite all the ignorant claims I have seen that "the vTards only go NOE").  We usually DO keep our ords on, push through a few cons and continue the mission, even if that means giving up a couple of those easy picks of heavy fighters you all love so much  :).  Sometimes the mission fails, but often it results in a successful base take.  For this the squad receives a great outpouring of love and respect on the forums, which is our ultimate goal of playing.   :lol

:salute
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2011, 08:07:38 PM »
I do not see how it is poor sportsmanship to "stalemate" a carrier. There are 200 other fields on the map where fights can be had. The vast majority of them can't be moved so it isn't an issue. And the CVs whose ports are friendly can be used as aggressively as anyone wants. It's hardly as if all fighting on the map grinds to a stalemate because 1 or 2 bases out of dozens or hundreds are effectively removed from play.

Do you think it's bad sportsmanship when playing 8-ball to leave one of your balls blocking a pocket and take a more difficult shot instead? Is it bad sportsmanship to pump fake in football, or to run a draw? Or to throw to an open receiver instead of finding the guy who's surrounded by the most defenders?

Choosing to launch your attacks from bases the enemy can't steal from you with a couple of well-placed bombs rather than from the ones he can isn't bad sportsmanship or "avoiding combat," it's just good strategy.

but how can the minority decide on how the majority play? why or how is your opinion or style of game play more important then somebody elses?
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »
Valid question, but you must have missed that this was an NOE mission.  Despite having chosen a rather long path over the water through an inactive area of the map, the mission was spotted.  The sudden, large dar-bar in sector followed by the prompt arrival of interceptors, made it clear the NOE mission and location had also been announced.  I think you would agree that at that point, an NOE raid had no chance of success.

Actually, this why the squad USUALLY goes in with alt (despite all the ignorant claims I have seen that "the vTards only go NOE").  We usually DO keep our ords on, push through a few cons and continue the mission, even if that means giving up a couple of those easy picks of heavy fighters you all love so much  :).  Sometimes the mission fails, but often it results in a successful base take.  For this the squad receives a great outpouring of love and respect on the forums, which is our ultimate goal of playing.   :lol

:salute

If you had such a large dar bar why not grab some alt and make it even easier to take the base by having alt on the enemy interceptors? :headscratch:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #72 on: August 19, 2011, 08:51:30 PM »

My bad choice of words then.  discussed and a decision was made :) 

I was responding to vLoki saying he's never even heard it mentioned.  It was a squad decision was it not?  Does that in fact not reflect on the squad?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #73 on: August 19, 2011, 09:25:22 PM »
My bad choice of words then.  discussed and a decision was made :) 

I was responding to vLoki saying he's never even heard it mentioned.  It was a squad decision was it not?  Does that in fact not reflect on the squad?

No, it doesn't.

And I've just run out of troll food, so you'll have to go hungry from here on out.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: August 19, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »
No, it doesn't.

And I've just run out of troll food, so you'll have to go hungry from here on out.
not so sure if you noticed...but he hasnt been trolling.