Author Topic: gunsight testing  (Read 3039 times)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
Re: gunsight testing
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 12:29:47 PM »
i was playing online for quite a while though. so now im going to ask, why do you care?

lol didnt you only play on line for 2 weeks??
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »
lol didnt you only play on line for 2 weeks??
try 8 months. now, either help out with the gunsight testing, or leave. i dont need people like you ruining this.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 12:57:53 PM »

EDIT: second one is fixed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:11:30 PM by skorpion »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 01:46:54 PM »
In order to make some of these work you'll need to open and copy and paste them into a newer sight in your sights folder. HTC guidelines have changed since many of these were made. Use a program like GIMP to make new sights.  Liking your edits Skorpion...easier to see targets with less stuff in way.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 01:53:59 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 02:05:23 PM »
In order to make some of these work you'll need to open and copy and paste them into a newer sight in your sights folder. HTC guidelines have changed since many of these were made. Use a program like GIMP to make new sights.  Liking your edits Skorpion...easier to see targets with less stuff in way.

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.) (Image removed from quote.)
thx tool, i was actually going to post those gunsights, i had them all saved. just as insurance in case mine went bad.

Offline Raptor05121

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2011, 02:23:16 PM »
anything for the bombers?
InGame: xRaptorx of the ***Alchemists***

Quote from: dirtdart
To suggest things that do not meet this basic criteria is equal to masturbation.  It may feel good to you, will not produce any tangible results, and you may be embarrassed if you get caught. 

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2011, 02:29:30 PM »
i have a gunsight that works for long range bomber killing (37mm+ cal. of course) and im almost done with the leading gunsight for gunning in bombers.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2011, 04:48:28 PM »

Bomber gun sights are way different than fighter gun sights for this reason:

Bomber gun sights are used zoomed in 100%, 90% of the time.

The sights posted by Skorpion here, would when zoomed in, exhibit line weight that is way out of scale with the view, and in some cases occlude the target.

Anyone making bomber gun sights should use at a maximum, a line weight of 2-3...with a line weight of 1 near the center of the sight, and cancel any dithering or anti-aliasing to avoid diffusion...and take into consideration the field or cone of view when crafting custom sights for use in bombers, and scale both the line weight and graphic size for optimal use at the most common zoom setting

Just a thought

Oneway

These are the turret sites I have been using.
This is a modified version of Flayd's sight with thinner crisper lines for zooming in with..
The small cross bar is set to 900...for hold over

gp 1, 2, 3, 5 (this image inverts when viewed in game)

gp 4 (normal view)

Here is sight for the 25H 75 mm nose cannon
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 05:03:55 PM by oneway »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2011, 05:52:49 PM »
After a few years of downloading gunsight packages from WB to AH2 and looking at all of the 60's style line art. Everyone is recreating the wheel to achive three results.

1.} An easy to see uncluttered center dot for guns mode.
2.} An easy to see uncluttered bomb/rocket aimpoint.
3.} A sure fire, no brainer, dead eye, point and click, AimBot gunsight.

Everyone eventualy discovers by trial and error the aimpoint for bombs and rockets is 50Mil below the center dot. If a main ring is involved most of the time it is roughly a 100Mil ring. I'm not sure with all of the gunsight collections created since WB, anyone reads the WW2 manuals or gunnery documents like "Bag the Hun" or "Schiessfibel" to understand why the historic "graticules" worked. Eventualy everyone reduces their trial and error down to a "Beaumont Modifiction".

S/Ldr. R.P. Beamont flew tiffies and found that the bright orange light from the lamp cluttered the gunsight ground target view using the traditional MkII ring, bar and dot when he was shooting rockets. He masked off everything but the dot. Then he removed the reflector plate on the gunsight to have only the dot on the inside of the tiffies windscreen. For rocket/bomb mode the dot could be moved down using a dial. For guns mode it was moved back.

MkII Bar & Ring (100Mil dia.)

Below is the traditional graticule in Barr&Stroud MkII gunsights until it was changed to a ring and dot in the TypeI MkIII as a response to S/Ldr. R.P. Beamont's feild modification.

MkIII Beaumont Modification with 50Mil radius AimPoint

Since HiTech does not model the ability to move the dot up and down. Here is the next best thing.
Circles "Unclutter" the aimpoints in the game.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »

last gunsight ive tested. all the others are fine and ready for the real deal. i have all the finished and completed sights in my sig. when i get around to it, more will be added aswell. <S> to my friendly lab rats who decided to take the time and test them all. i owe you many beers. also, salute to the ones who gave good feedback and to those who helped with the making of these. i had alot of outside help from friends (there not registered on the BBS) but id like to thank my friends josh, adam, karl, ben, jake and my favorite russian, stas. those guys were the biggest help to me. the gunsight for bomber gunning will be posted tomorrow. (never making one of those again due to the 2 week long data compilation :lol)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 06:49:33 PM by skorpion »

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2011, 06:57:58 PM »
If anyone CAN..or wants to, I'd appreciate it if you could rework the first four on top row or one of your top picks of any for me.

They look alright in my window but could look so much better if i only knew how.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: August 21, 2011, 07:16:52 PM »
When you opened them your art program, then saved as a (.bmp). I bet you discovered on zoom lots of colored pixel snow or halos from the conversion.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »

Oneway

These are the turret sites I have been using.
This is a modified version of Flayd's sight with thinner crisper lines for zooming in with..
The small cross bar is set to 900...for hold over

gp 1, 2, 3, 5 (this image inverts when viewed in game)
(Image removed from quote.)

gp 4 (normal view)

Here is sight for the 25H 75 mm nose cannon

Ya know, I like this sight. I think it could probably make a good default. It's clean and to the point. The first line could be used as a lead indicator since it's so close to the actual pieper..if thats how you spell it. In game it flickers a bit though :( wonder how I can fix that and still keep it the same. It might be due to the lines being so thin.

I made a slight change to it so I could see thru it better. as you see, my version is a little duller for some reason....but works.

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2011, 09:02:20 PM »
Gonna check some of those out tonight skorpion.
The thinner ones look promising.

Coogan  :joystick:
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2011, 09:13:25 PM »
Skorpion, a suggestion would be to try to use thinner lines, it gives the same info, and less clutter.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!