Author Topic: Instead of new vehicles  (Read 3940 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Instead of new vehicles
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 04:26:59 PM »
Waystin,

Truth be told, we already have some options, that do give us more immersion and better game play.  It's called Axis versus Allies.  But because no one ever goes there, no one ever will.  :rolleyes:

Right now!  NrRaven, one of the coolest skinners, has a setup in the AvA with a BRAND NEW (revised) Kariela map.  The fields look like nothing you have ever seen and both air and ground battle can be had in a matter of just seconds.

Check the roster you will probably only find NrRaven there slumped over his laptop, tirelessly adding new easter eggs for players to find.......   (what players you say, eggszactly........  if you build it they SHOULD come!!!)

Imagine if you will, stepping back in time..
The place… Leningrad.. The time.. The months between 1942-1943. The below set up represents a condensed glimpse of
The Siege of Leningrad

In a pre-arranged move Finland declared war on Russia and, using German equipment, attacked from the north. They were looking to avenge the Winter War and “teach the Russkis a lesson.A massive German army approached Leningrad from the south-west while the Finnish army approached from the north. By early November Leningrad was completely surrounded and cut-off from the rest of Russia.

Click Here to see all of the applicable SKINS and DETAILS for the 24 hour setup:  http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,319951.0.html

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 04:44:09 PM »
You know Gyrene, after 4 plus years in game I now know that it is up to the players and not the developers to make it fun.  It's the truth and I am sticking to it Sir. :aok
:salute absolutely agree sir.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2011, 05:38:39 AM »
How about a new "war system" that includes "usefull and critical" strats "that actually matter to the game" ie: fuel strats that in total make up 100% of a countries fuel, bring them to 50% and available fuel would be 50%, bring them down to zero and a country would have only 25% to work with. How about troop strats? ammunition strats. Radar strats that degrade with damage, not just are destroyed when totaly Fd up. Oil strats that have a great affect on boats. ENY strats? these would make low ENY birds cost more when damaged, shipyards that when damaged make boats take longer to spawn?

While I'm at it how about a system that encourages folks to defend against hordes, either a warning system or a "delayed capture" idea?

How about anything that improves the general interaction other than vehicles and maps? The graphics and vehicles and terains and maps have all improved over and over and over and over again, no how about some idea that changes the "same ol, same ol" "status quo" that this game has become?

Please give me something that will make me desire to stay!!!!!!

:salute

JUGgler

you are so awesome that you hardly get killed in bombers.  perhaps u should try to bomb anything that has a couple of fighters over it.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2011, 08:11:05 AM »
you are so awesome that you hardly get killed in bombers.  perhaps u should try to bomb anything that has a couple of fighters over it.

semp

Yeah Juggler quit avoiding combat.  :lol  :rolleyes:

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2011, 11:09:35 AM »
You know Gyrene, after 4 plus years in game I now know that it is up to the players and not the developers to make it fun.  It's the truth and I am sticking to it Sir. :aok

Unfortunately that is also the problem.

HTC has got to make the game work for the majority of the players, after all the more people enjoying the game the more people paying for a subscription.

In the old days you could pork fuel to 25% but they changed it because to many people complained about not being able to get to the fights with any fuel. I think killing Dar at the HQ did the same thing. Too often you would spend half the night with put any Dar, so things got changed.

People don't like to run supplies, people don't like to cap a base, people don't mind defending, but vulching stops to local upper and the horde is quick enough to get the bases before you can have defenders fly in. So in many case people don't like defending. So what does that leave, attacking. Unfortunately, as attacks become more successful more people join to be part of the winning team and now we have a horde.

Player bring this about but looking to have fun. I think players could be "guided" by game mechanics to do those things they don't want to do. Give them more perks to resupply HQ. Give them more perk/points to defend against the horde. Tie the acks strength to the number of enemy in a Dar circle, the bigger the horde, the more ack to give defenders time to up and defend. The smaller the horde, the less ack so small squads can still hit a base and have a chance.

There is plenty to do in the game, its just that a lot of it isn't fun, or glamorous, and you don't get a lot of recognition for doing it.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:13:38 AM by The Fugitive »

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2011, 11:45:33 AM »
Fugi,

I think that you and HTC are dead on.  We are so short attentioned.  My solution to HTC has been to make carrying troops MORE FUN. 

I love what they did with the troop animation.  Carry that a step farther, and let them shoot or blow things up.  Make C47s a formation and up the amount of troops.  Allow your chute running into a maproom to count toward captures (those things are hard to see and you can dip and hide once on the ground).  Have a Medic option for the M3 that is able to rescue "wounded" paratroopers and earn perks.

FUN ^^^^^^

After a while, it just becomes too stale when the uber leet pilots are able to fly their K4s, P38s, La7s, Me262s and Brewsters without anything to deter them.  The fight is always the same.  P38s and K4s always rope.   La7s and Me262s unshakable pursuit.  Brewsters pull out the grapling hooks and latch on to your six from the second they take off.  So, seen one P38 pilot and seen em all.

YAWN ^^^^^^^

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2011, 12:19:56 PM »
you are so awesome that you hardly get killed in bombers.  perhaps u should try to bomb anything that has a couple of fighters over it.

semp

WTF does this mean?  please be more direct!!!! or take your typing hand out of your pants!!

BTW  I would PWN you as the "Boston Strangler"   :rock

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2011, 04:59:44 PM »
WTF does this mean?  please be more direct!!!! or take your typing hand out of your pants!!

BTW  I would PWN you as the "Boston Strangler"   :rock

JUGgler

I know your cartoon pilot is better than my cartoon pilot.  but I bet my dad can kick your dad's arse  :rock.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2011, 06:23:05 PM »
Grounding Spitfires and Bf109s, two aircraft with larger draws for players, seems unwise to me.

Lol, no one has suggested grounding certian aircraft. We have an ENY 40 spitfire and an ENY 40 Bf 109. 109's aren't really low ENY either, lowest is 20. Biggest victems of the "ENY strat" (which I want, btw) will be perk planes, spittards, niki dweebs, and lala drivers. Can't think of any other low eny plane that doesn't have a higher ENY brother.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2011, 09:33:50 AM »

Player bring this about but looking to have fun. I think players could be "guided" by game mechanics to do those things they don't want to do. Give them more perks to resupply HQ. Give them more perk/points to defend against the horde. Tie the acks strength to the number of enemy in a Dar circle, the bigger the horde, the more ack to give defenders time to up and defend. The smaller the horde, the less ack so small squads can still hit a base and have a chance.

Increasing the lethality of ack based on numbers in the Dar ring is a wonderful idea.  Simple in concept and deadly in practice. 

+1

We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2011, 10:07:51 AM »
Lol, no one has suggested grounding certian aircraft.

They're referring to the fact that a 25% fuel spitfire or 109 is practically 'grounded'.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »
Who cares? If you can't fly anything else with even the barest level of competence, then even the EZ mode sptifres won't help you.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2011, 05:52:33 PM »
Why does it always come down to 'EZ mode blahblahblah'?  Regardless of how easy or not they may be to fly, it's to do with limiting options.  109s and Spits are among the most popular planes in the game, they're also deeply penalized by limiting fuel.  The same can be said for the LAs, the I-16, and a bunch of other planes.  With only 25% fuel available, it renders a bunch of the planeset useless.

The vast majority of people don't like their choices being limited.  People barely put up with hangars getting bombed.  Giving the other side yet another way to make people unable to fly what they want is deeply unpopular.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2011, 06:09:13 PM »
Why does it always come down to 'EZ mode blahblahblah'?  Regardless of how easy or not they may be to fly, it's to do with limiting options.  109s and Spits are among the most popular planes in the game, they're also deeply penalized by limiting fuel.  The same can be said for the LAs, the I-16, and a bunch of other planes.  With only 25% fuel available, it renders a bunch of the planeset useless.

The vast majority of people don't like their choices being limited.  People barely put up with hangars getting bombed.  Giving the other side yet another way to make people unable to fly what they want is deeply unpopular.

Wiley.

EXACTLY! It is also far easier to bomb fighter hangers, fuel, ord, troops, and so on than it it is to protect them. So people gravitate to those easy/fun things and avoid the tougher more boring things that need to be done to slow them down like cap fields, do fighter sweeps, run supplies, recon missions and so on. The war has become very one sided with everyone on the attack. So the Bish grab 10 fields from the Rooks in 8 hours, the Rooks grab 10 from the Knights, and the Knights only get 8 from the Bish (we all know the Knights suck  :D ) in the same 8 hours. So maps last forever.

What we need is people who want to defend. The trick is dangling the right carrot in front of them to get them to do it.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2011, 09:34:16 PM »
If we threaten with the inability to fly their dweeb planes, they'll either defend, fly something other than the %*#$fire 16, or just log off, leaving us with a less over-croweded arena. The fights can aford to lose the dead-wood anyway.