Author Topic: What happened to the P38  (Read 3012 times)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: What happened to the P38
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2011, 07:31:18 PM »
If you fly the P-38 as purely a BnZ plane and only engage in fights with low risk then it is a very easy plane to fly. 

ack-ack

Aren't most planes easy flown in that regard?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2011, 07:48:57 PM »
Aren't most planes easy flown in that regard?

Yep, which goes to show that the pilot has a great influence on whether or not a plane is "EZ mode" or not.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2011, 09:14:52 PM »
I always enjoy a knife fight against a well flown 38 in a k4. Great fun to get into a rolling scissors against. What ack-ack says is prob true for just about any plane that has decent guns and can fly fast.

You bet those are fun fights.  Best place to be is on the deck in a 38G in a knife fight :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2011, 10:30:05 PM »
There have been more than a few people warping lately and I doubt a bunch of new cable pullers decided to show up so I'll bet there are some packet loss/latency issues that affect people who are connecting through the same routing.

When I'm in a gun, I can see 20 guys over the field and I will see all flying smoothly when suddenly 1 or two of the 20 start warping.

Usually, it's just one plane that flies like this but lately I've seen two or three do it while the rest are smooth.

None of them were being pursued at the times of the warps so no foul play is suggested.

I think I saved the film... but there is also a 'bug' I've found using the custom arenas.  One of my squaddies was being typical Unf and sending join messages to everyone during a squad race night.  I decided to accept while I was in the tower.  For the rest of the evening (until I logged and reloaded) I would get a phantom sprite of the guy's plane which others could see tagging along with my plane, even though he was flying somewhere completely different.  While I was observing him (after the fact in F5 godseye) he was so warpy I could barely keep eyes on him, which others also saw...  Just saying, there might be more to it than lag or pulling...
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2011, 10:32:17 PM »
38's are only easy mode when the wings are gone, then its a easy mode to the dirt. my fun is in learning the 38j .

Try the G model... I love it to death, just hate my 'protection' up front...  I'd survive a lot more if I could see what I was shooting at. :)
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2011, 10:46:35 PM »
Try the G model... I love it to death, just hate my 'protection' up front...  I'd survive a lot more if I could see what I was shooting at. :)

You haven't flown the G enough yet then :)

I have a tougher time with the view from the J and L now.  Don't even notice it in the G.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2011, 12:52:45 AM »
You haven't flown the G enough yet then :)

I have a tougher time with the view from the J and L now.  Don't even notice it in the G.

I have my fighterstick 8 way set in my CHCP as HAT1

This means it does the classic 12 1:30 3 4:30 6 7:30 9 10:30 views with up as 12oc. with up/12oc and Alternate forward view.

So what I do hit my hats up/12oc and hold it while I Back arrow and page up moving my pilots head position all the way to the back and up as an alternate view and then hit f10. I have my normal forward view then when I hit my hats up/12oc I get my alternate 12oc view. This helps allot in the 38s specially the g.
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2011, 07:42:16 AM »
If you alt+F4 out of the game it works like that.  If you are within range of someone that rage quits by hitting Alt+F4 then you'll get the proxy credit.  However, if the person is disconnected then they won't give out a kill credit if the host has not registered the kill yet.  For example, if you shoot off the wing of a Bf109K-4 and as it's plunging to the ground and is disconnected before the plane is actually destroyed then you won't get credit because the host hasn't registered the kill yet as the data packet hasn't been sent.  If the Bf109K-4 hits the ground and the death is registered and then is disconnected you will obviously get the kill credit.  Tested this a few years ago with Murdr after we both got to wondering about it.

ack-ack

so what you're saying, is that if that 109k4 pilot doesn't want you to have the kill on him, then all he has to do, is to pull the power cord on his router or modem, causing a "normal" disconnection.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Dogtown

• Copper Member
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2011, 07:58:22 AM »
Mr McMidway...if u didn't get a kill or assist then how is it u know the gamers ID ?????   
Soooo's I'm standing there i got my ......NM

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2011, 07:59:45 AM »
Mr McMidway...if u didn't get a kill or assist then how is it u know the gamers ID ?????   

film?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2011, 09:58:29 AM »

It's in the film.   :rolleyes:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2011, 11:35:24 AM »

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2011, 11:49:28 AM »
I had this same thing happen to me last night. I shot the entire left wing off of a pony in my p38. as I watched him fall from the sky I turned my attention to the next enemy. I waited and waited and never got the kill or even an assist. I looked around and the pony was no where to be found. I just have a hard time believing people would rather go through the trouble of pulling the cable and discoing instead of just giving someone the kill. I think it is more likely a server/isp problem.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2011, 02:07:15 PM »
I had this same thing happen to me last night. I shot the entire left wing off of a pony in my p38. as I watched him fall from the sky I turned my attention to the next enemy. I waited and waited and never got the kill or even an assist. I looked around and the pony was no where to be found. I just have a hard time believing people would rather go through the trouble of pulling the cable and discoing instead of just giving someone the kill. I think it is more likely a server/isp problem.

Or you had no hits and someone shooting over your shoulder took him out.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2011, 03:10:32 PM »
Or you had no hits and someone shooting over your shoulder took him out.

nope, just me.