Author Topic: Does HiTech really want more user accounts?  (Read 3872 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Does HiTech really want more user accounts?
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2011, 10:04:33 AM »
I'm just saying 'Yeah well you're only a ___ level member!' is a card I don't want to see pulled.

Stifle yourself College Boy.   :P

:neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2011, 10:28:46 AM »
I used to be dead against it but personally think WW1 should be a free arena to suck new players in to the game, its doing squat at the minute anyway.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2011, 11:04:55 AM »
If HTC doesn't staff the TA with a trainer 24/7, a large number of new guys will be greeted by an empty TA.  Nobody there to train them.  Nothing much to do, can't even shoot down an enemy airplane.  How many of those guys do you think will subscribe?

No plan involving the Training Arena will work without HTC investing in paid trainers.  The current volunteer staff of trainers simply can't provide the level of support required.

In my opinion.

If HTC really wants more subscribers it would be worth the money invested IMHO
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2011, 11:10:03 AM »
I'll take "how to infest a game with unruley children for 500" Alex.
Lighten up Francis

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2011, 11:25:10 AM »
Somewhere it is on official record saying that Hitech/HTC intends to keep itself a smaller company.  Perhaps on the home page somewhere???  *off to go look*

-found it-  in the "About Us" section on the front page:

"HiTech Creations was founded with a simple philosophy by Dale "HiTech" Addink in 1999.  It's not to create a large corporation, a vast gaming network, or a line of online games.  It's just to create one game, but one that is better than any other like it.  Contrary to most companies, our goal is to keep the company small.  We know that with a singular focus and an experienced cohesive team that enjoys its work, the production, service, support, and overall level of satisfaction will be unmatched."

So... as long as HTC can keep enough accounts to pay all their bills, keep HTC healthy, and keep on enjoying what they do then the number of accounts is only relative to that monetary figure.  Lets hope that HTC does not sell out any time soon, and lets hope if they do sell out it isnt to a "flash-bang" company.

Do not confuse wanting to keep a company's scope small, with not wanting as many customers as possible with in that scope.

HiTech

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2011, 11:40:22 AM »
dollars or customers?   :)
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2011, 12:57:35 PM »
dollars or customers?   :)

Dollars of course.

HiTech

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2011, 01:26:01 PM »
Dollars are much better.  Customers are a pain in the....  :furious

:)
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2011, 01:29:24 PM »
Dollars of course.

HiTech

They are one in the same, most business owners loose sight of this.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2011, 01:30:39 PM »

Wait... so F2P people aren't customers?  Or F2P people somehow generate money?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2011, 01:37:26 PM »

I doubt they send customers to their creditors. And since F2P is only a customer with no 'Caching!', I doubt they benefit.

I'd hate to pay 30 a month here but I would. 15 is a steal. That's a whole 50 cents a day..
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2011, 01:53:56 PM »

They are one in the same

Not within the context of his original quote.
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2011, 02:00:06 PM »
Not a flame question but a lot has change since the old Alpha Cd's when this game started and On-line game models have started to change some.
I don't mind the monthly fee for game play, I'm happy paying the amount but I play a few other games and I'm a big fan of Gamebreaker TV.

One of the items that came up on one of the TWIMMO shows on Gamebreaker was fee modeling.

One of the interesting things they talked about was how limiting game option on some on-line games are being setup as free-to play services with options for game play upgrades. They noted that this type of modeling was very big with the new age gamers while the old school gamers generally really like the fix fee modeling.

When I thought about it I wonder if a mix of both free to play and fix pricing wouldn't be good for HiTech?

F2P would be for say 1 or 2 fighters, 1 bomber and a tank. F2P accounts would gain perks points as part of the F2P model but couldn't use them on planes as the account would be limited on planes models.
F2P model would then have the options like say"

1) small one time (that month) upgrade to upgrade the account for full scope of the game. Would allow an ave. to burn those perks. Would also reset at the end of the month BACK to a F2P account locking all perks again and back to the limited planes allowed.
2) Allow a one time discount rate on the standard month to month fee.

Then I started thinking about it more and is HiTech happy with the modeling size of the AH community? Do they have the size they can manage and are just happy with the footprint they have in the market?

Thoughts?

Just thinking out loud....

L8er

LeadButt

you realize how many people fly just one or two airplanes?  they would all switch to a lower plane, I would, as it would be cheaper.  I got plenty of perks but I hardly use them, so perks would not be a big loss.  then again 14.95 is not a lot of money, well it is if you have none, but for me it is cheaper than spending every afternoon at the topless bar while my gf is gone for the next 2 months.

there has been many suggestions as to how hitech should run his business.  let him run the business as he sees fit, he's not doing a bad job as we still around.

have you played world of tanks?  it's a free game with option to buy upgrades.  it sucks to be on the free plan as it takes you forever to upgrade.  I finally got some gold for upgrades 15 bucks worth and I started killing so many people it was ridiculous.  ah should not be like that game.

semp
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:02:57 PM by guncrasher »
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2011, 02:02:28 PM »
Not within the context of his original quote.

But it is true.  

Im not saying to do a F2P setup at all, i wasnt even really commenting on that.  I was strictly commenting on the customers and their direct connections with dollars.  

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2011, 02:06:32 PM »
But it is true.  

No it's not.  I would rather have 100 customers paying $10 each than 1000 paying $1.  More manageable which in itself may lead to better customer service, which is what I believe you were getting at.
  -Richard O'Kane