Author Topic: Does HiTech really want more user accounts?  (Read 3873 times)

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
Re: Does HiTech really want more user accounts?
« Reply #45 on: October 04, 2011, 02:22:43 PM »
Personally I don't think it's too bad an idea.  Wetting peoples appitites might make them long time subscribers but I'd probably do something more like this:

Cheap:  WWI arena only.
Low moderate:  WWI and EW
High moderate:  WWI, EW and MW
Full price:  Full access

Those who are truly interested will up their subs, those who don't provide additional income and the current "dead" arenas get new life breathed into them.

I'd think everyone wins with a scenario something like that.

IMO....not that I'm anybody........something like this might work.

Custom Arena (H2H) $5.00  Email all those that were hooked years ago, let them know it's back and you can still make your own maps
Combine Cheap:  WWI, EW and MW for a price of $7.50 8.50. 9.50?
Full price:  Full access

MW and H2H would fill up I would think.

MW would probably have lots of main arena players showing up and it would become more fun.

Possibility that late night early morning foreign players would have more reason to show as well with more people involved.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 02:26:11 PM by A8TOOL »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: October 04, 2011, 03:05:15 PM »
Maybe a low price tier for the arenas that currently sit empty just to see if they get increased population.

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #47 on: October 04, 2011, 03:10:46 PM »
No it's not.  I would rather have 100 customers paying $10 each than 1000 paying $1.  More manageable which in itself may lead to better customer service, which is what I believe you were getting at.

LOL  you so are missing the simplicity of my comment.  CUSTOMERS ARE MONEY whether it be 1000 for $1 or 1 for $1000  i would rather have more customers with less per customer, ran my construction business for years this way and im sure its why I havnt gone out of business.  Instead of raping my customers I gave them great value along with superb service. This led to a much larger advertising base for me, LOTS OF HAPPY customers instead of just a few. Finding that fine line is the goal. 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: October 04, 2011, 03:15:30 PM »
If HTC doesn't staff the TA with a trainer 24/7, a large number of new guys will be greeted by an empty TA.  Nobody there to train them.  Nothing much to do, can't even shoot down an enemy airplane.  How many of those guys do you think will subscribe?

No plan involving the Training Arena will work without HTC investing in paid trainers.  The current volunteer staff of trainers simply can't provide the level of support required.

In my opinion.

There doesn't need to be an "official" AH Trainer in the TA to provide help for new players.  Every time I am in the TA it seems like I end up helping someone, which is good.  I know players can practice off line, but as we all know it certainly is not the same thing.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
When I thought about it I wonder if a mix of both free to play and fix pricing wouldn't be good for HiTech?
F2P would be for say 1 or 2 fighters, 1 bomber and a tank. F2P accounts would gain perks points as part of the F2P model but couldn't use them on planes as the account would be limited on planes models.
F2P model would then have the options like say"
1) small one time (that month) upgrade to upgrade the account for full scope of the game. Would allow an ave. to burn those perks. Would also reset at the end of the month BACK to a F2P account locking all perks again and back to the limited planes allowed.
2) Allow a one time discount rate on the standard month to month fee.

just my $0.02, but this is a horrible idea.   it would be no different than WoW or games like that, the more you pay the better equipment you get.   screw that noise lol.   the best part of AH is the level playing field.  EVeRYBODY has the same tools at their disposal, and what they do with them is up to them.   i'm against anything that pushes this game in the direction of the rest of the garbage that pollutes the gaming world today.
-AoM-

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2011, 03:26:22 PM »
LOL  you so are missing the simplicity of my comment.  CUSTOMERS ARE MONEY whether it be 1000 for $1 or 1 for $1000  i would rather have more customers with less per customer, ran my construction business for years this way and im sure its why I havnt gone out of business.  Instead of raping my customers I gave them great value along with superb service. This led to a much larger advertising base for me, LOTS OF HAPPY customers instead of just a few. Finding that fine line is the goal. 

While I understand and agree with your premise,I believe you are trying to say you wish to simply maximizes profit (I.E. best balance between quantity and price).

Years ago we did test to find the best price point with our current type of pricing model.

Ideas like this.
Combine Cheap:  WWI, EW and MW for a price of $7.50 8.50. 9.50?

Tend not to work very well. You end up with only a few new costumers but a substantial amount of people who would be customers anyway now giving you less.

HiTech

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2011, 03:47:15 PM »

yes...for 8 months in a row...

pfft. 8 months..... :rofl
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2011, 03:52:01 PM »

Ideas like this.
Tend not to work very well. You end up with only a few new costumers but a substantial amount of people who would be customers anyway now giving you less.

HiTech
[/quote]

Interesting,you actually did a test and ran the numbers!      I pretty much assumed those results....give and inch take a mile type thing.

:salute

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2011, 03:54:08 PM »
While I understand and agree with your premise,I believe you are trying to say you wish to simply maximizes profit (I.E. best balance between quantity and price).

Years ago we did test to find the best price point with our current type of pricing model.

HiTech

I wasnt questioning your reasoning for your pricing.  I was commenting on someone elses post but I think we see this the same way.  I did the same when the economy took a dive and found I didnt have to change my pricing much at all as I was already one of the cheapest around for the quality of work I provided.  You dont want to sell yourself short but dont want to take advantage either.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2011, 04:08:39 PM »
Yep, you're right Grumpy.  :salute
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 06:42:57 PM »
Yep, you're right Grumpy.  :salute

Wasnt trying to be right,  just give my point of view.  Its different for each business and owner. I just dont like putting all my eggs in one basket.   :salute

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 11:20:27 PM »
Wrong thread
« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 11:22:39 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2011, 06:37:39 AM »
yes...for 8 months in a row...
went under 800nate right?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 06:39:41 AM by olds442 »
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline mthrockmor

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2011, 06:50:19 AM »
I say play with some ideas for new members. Varying rates is an interesting thought. Maybe $10 get's you all but late war, which costs $15. For all of us no change what so ever. For new players, they have options. That get's them all but one of the P47s, most of the Spits, Typhoon not Tempest, etc.

I don't know that it works but maybe it is something Aces High should play with. Free get's them all early war unlimited, I like it. They get hooked on the Zero then after a while decide $15/mo isn't so bad.

Maybe Skuzzy et al can reach out to the past 2-weekers since January 2011 and throw them this bone. I am guessing the die hard Aces High officianado may not like having rif raf but strong numbers keeps our little hidden universe strong. Something to toy with.

Boo
No poor dumb bastard wins a war by dying for his country, he wins by making the other poor, dumb, bastard die for his.
George "Blood n Guts" Patton

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: October 05, 2011, 06:59:33 AM »
went under 800nate right?
you never played online right?