Author Topic: Forever Alone  (Read 2157 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Forever Alone
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2011, 08:45:14 AM »
Tup

Jimson nailed it.  The way you comport yourself during this time will define you in regards to other girls that may only be marginally interested in you as well.  Act like a mature, self confident, and well adjusted man and you'll come out WAY ahead.

Also you are one of the most intelligent, mature, and well rounded, young man I've ever known.  A quality one will come along if it's in the cards if not.. get a dog (canine companion) and play the field. 

Oh and don't be the jerk I was back in my younger days.  It might be funny at the time but if you have any semblance of a soul you'll eventually regret it.  Well... in some cases.  Some of them are still funny  :devil
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline 1701E

• Silver Member
      • VBF-18 Bearcats
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2011, 09:12:33 AM »
"A great love is like a good memory, when it's there and you know it's there, but it's just out of your reach, it can be all that you think about. You can focus on it and try and force it, but the more you do the more you seem to push it away. But if you're patient and you hold still, well maybe, just maybe, it'll come to you." - B.B.

Still young, don't expect to find much in terms of "stable relations". It's easy for people to jump in to a relationship not knowing the true person they're getting into with if it's rushed, and all teen relationships are rushed. S--- happens and life goes on, may seem bad, but there's always someone else out there feeling the same way. :)
ID: Xcelsior
R.I.P. Fallen Friends & Family

"The only ones who should kill are those prepared to be killed"

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2011, 09:17:44 AM »
Found a girl that I really liked, and we talked for awhile and I asked her to be my girlfriend. (This was like a week ago) Hung out a few times last week and she seemed to have fun - I even took her flying

Then today she asked me to come over to her house and she told me I remind her of her old boyfriend to much.

(Image removed from quote.)

OK maybe it isn't THAT bad.
did her ex have his own plane?
just think of how lucky you are, young, single, find a girl that likes to fly, and fly her around, nothing better than a girlfriend that likes the same thing you like!

or you could just play with the kittens!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline Selino631

• Silver Member
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2011, 09:19:57 AM »
I don't see why not - just venting.

I am but an anonymous internet poster
OEF 11-12

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2011, 09:20:55 AM »
Well if a girl talk to you for a few minutes and then says she'll be your girlfriend..... expect it to be fleeting. lol
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2011, 09:38:04 AM »
So all I have to do to get rid of my woman is to act like her ex!? Brillant!!!!  :banana: Happy days are here again....................
Lighten up Francis

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2011, 09:40:27 AM »
So all I have to do to get rid of my woman is to act like her ex!? Brillant!!!!  :banana: Happy days are here again....................

it's either that or some lime, a shovel, a big plastic bag, a secluded spot, and a friend to help you
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2011, 09:41:12 AM »
So let me get this straight, if I act like my wife's ex she'll dump me?!
Lighten up Francis

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2011, 09:46:28 AM »
Just to show you my appreciation Tupac, I'm sending you my instructional video of "How To be A Pimp in 8 Easy Steps" Now get out there and get yo pimp on my man  :rock

Caution: Video may contain information that could lead to marriage, children, 2 morgages and an ugly mother-n-law. 
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 09:50:47 AM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2011, 10:22:17 AM »
Just to show you my appreciation Tupac, I'm sending you my instructional video of "How To be A Pimp in 8 Easy Steps" Now get out there and get yo pimp on my man  :rock

Caution: Video may contain information that could lead to marriage, children, 2 morgages and an ugly mother-n-law. 
:rofl :rofl

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2011, 10:31:56 AM »
Well if a girl talk to you for a few minutes and then says she'll be your girlfriend..... expect it to be fleeting. lol

It was probably a week before I asked to be my girlfriend
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 10:42:10 AM »
It was probably a week before I asked to be my girlfriend

my girlfriend recently gave me the boot as well.    i tell ya, learning to do everything lefty was tough, but im catchin on.
-AoM-

Offline dentin

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2011, 10:46:38 AM »
OK boys, I'm 47, here is some advice for you.

If a girl dumps you, do not ask why, do not make any attempt to keep her. Do not ask her friends about her, never call her.

This will go against your very nature and you may slip up but you must do this for 3 simple reasons.

You will not likely find "the one" at such a young age, you can try but they are bound to end up being temporary at least until you reach your mid to late twenties if not older.

You must keep your dignity. If you do not, you will absolutely lose the girl and your self respect both.

Old men are often still haunted, not by the one's that left, but what fools they were trying to hold onto them.

The more desperately you chase something, the more desperately it runs away from you. Whether you end up moving on or having a chance to reconcile, both hinge on the same exact action. You have to go on and be OK without them.

You do not have to be a jerk. The opposite of love is not hate, it is apathy.

So go on and live your life without them and remember a lot of old men also think about how nice it might be to be alone.

+1   :aok
"The more I see of the depressing stature of people, the more I admire my dogs."
 Opinions are like Armpits..everyone has two and sometime they both stink!
"No matter how much things change, They remain the same"

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2011, 10:59:07 AM »
OK boys, I'm 47, here is some advice for you.

If a girl dumps you, do not ask why, do not make any attempt to keep her. Do not ask her friends about her, never call her.

This will go against your very nature and you may slip up but you must do this for 3 simple reasons.

You will not likely find "the one" at such a young age, you can try but they are bound to end up being temporary at least until you reach your mid to late twenties if not older.

You must keep your dignity. If you do not, you will absolutely lose the girl and your self respect both.

Old men are often still haunted, not by the one's that left, but what fools they were trying to hold onto them.

The more desperately you chase something, the more desperately it runs away from you. Whether you end up moving on or having a chance to reconcile, both hinge on the same exact action. You have to go on and be OK without them.

You do not have to be a jerk. The opposite of love is not hate, it is apathy.

So go on and live your life without them and remember a lot of old men also think about how nice it might be to be alone.

Well said.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2011, 10:59:54 AM »
Son, I've done them all (girls & relationship alike).

How ever you want to twist it, if there's a doubt ... there's no doubt. Please be thankfull that she told you upstraight, I respect that  :salute Anyway, if it doesn't click, it doesn't click! You can't buy love either. Maybe your plane get get you laid ... once, but at the end of the day no car/plane/house can replace what is shining out of you ... your charisma. If it's weak, work on it. I banged the hottest girls when I was in HS/university using by dad's lifestyle being a moron ... and the hottest/richest being a construction worker living in a dump when in my 30s, without a buck in my wallet.  :old:
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:02:52 AM by SFRT - Frenchy »
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------