Author Topic: Is the vote over yet?  (Read 3620 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is the vote over yet?
« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2011, 12:56:15 PM »
Of course, there is no guarantee that the Meteor (if selected!) will be perked lower than the 262.  Both, after all, are in a completely separate class from all other fighters in the game.  Someone has already suggested that the Meteor has some performance qualities superior to the 262.  I would not be at all surprised if they were equally perked.

- oldman

Quite possibly.  It will depend a lot on the variant they model too.  My post assumes one of the earliest variants, but we'll just have to see.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: October 25, 2011, 12:59:41 PM »
The Meteor Mk. III would be perked less then the Me.262. This I am sure of.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 01:21:54 PM by Kazaa »

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: October 25, 2011, 01:02:06 PM »
Ahhh you foolish little T. They are not complaining so much about "not getting the plane they want", but complaining on the stupidity of a vote.

It's like asking them to vote for their favorite ice cream out of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, with only 20% of the people voting ever having tasted any of those flavors.

The problem the vast majority haven't a clue as to what they are voting for.
LOL. you call me foolish, and yet your so quick to assume everyone in-game who voted for the Meteor don't know what it is, or its combat history. and that you all are the only people qualified to decide what plane should be added and at what time.

I know the Meteor's combat history. I know of its role in WW2. I know of the role of both th beu and the me410. im a member of the BBS, and i still voted for the Meteor.(even tho originally i voted for the IAR-80).
I just proved your entire logic wrong. You, and half this board need to stop whining and assuming things so much. So we're getting a new jet. get over it. sheesh.

Crybabies, Crybabies every single one of you.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: October 25, 2011, 01:02:57 PM »
I dont think we win yet T or do we :D
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: October 25, 2011, 01:07:40 PM »
The Tempest is slower then the Me262 and can be caught by a diving Pony, does it make the Tempest a hanger queen? Hang on a second, do you know that planes have the ability to turn?

So I've been told... ;)

People are going to think it's there to be a jet killer though.  I honestly don't know enough about its attributes to comment on what niche it will find.  So many planes can be used for so much more than people use them for ingame.  P47s are decent high speed dogfighters, but off the top of my head I can only think of 3 or 4 guys that will turnfight with people, rather than BnZ and run in it.

From the information I've read, the Meteor Mk. III looks like a Tempest on acid. It could even turn inside the Tempest.

I never fly the Tempest, but it's what, half the perk cost of the 262?  Great climb, speed, and acceleration.  I'm going to guess the Meteor will suffer low speed acceleration issues similar to the 262, but I admit that's an assumption.

I've made my predictions for how I think it will be used, not how it is capable of being utilized by people who put in the time to learn it.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Tyrannis

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: October 25, 2011, 01:11:13 PM »
I dont think we win yet T or do we :D
Not yet, but with this much Whining about the meteor when the poll is still running, imagine how many crybabies there will be if it DOES win.  :bolt:

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #66 on: October 25, 2011, 01:24:41 PM »
At least you get to vote and feel like what you want matters to HTC.

HiTech and Pyro could simply sit down one morning the first of each year. Look at a list of new planes and vehicals to add and old planes and vehicals to update. Roll some 24 sided dice and feel fine for the rest of the year based on their high tech production scheduling choices setteled for that year. Then they make the big announcment that x,y,z will be released this year and a,b,c will be updated to the current art standards. Waffel locks himself in a closet and works his magic burping out masterpeices between bathroom breaks.

And what do we do then? Waaa HiTech are we ther yet? Waa Are we ther yet? And back to the original meaning of "TWO WEEKS".

Personaly I think it's better all around when they drop things on us out of the blue. We appreciate it more and squabble about something that exists in the game. Now we sound like two sides arguing why Rugby players are tougher than Triathletes.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: October 25, 2011, 01:47:03 PM »
The problem the vast majority haven't a clue as to what they are voting for.
limp wristed elitist snobbery at its most mundane.  Most people paying money to play in a WW2 combat game are going to have at least a partial clue.  Lets say 25% minimum clue factor....
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: October 25, 2011, 01:47:30 PM »
The Meteor Mk. III would be perked less then the Me.262. This I am sure of.

Why I wonder?  There seems to be quite a few folks in here that feel that it will be a turny monster.  Maybe it should be perked the same as a 262.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #69 on: October 25, 2011, 01:52:27 PM »
I have to agree... Not that I want the Meteor in the game, but IF it were, the Mk.III would be slower but in every other way better than the 262.

The Mk.I, probably a better representation of WW2 Meteors, would be pretty sub-par, though.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 25, 2011, 01:53:34 PM »
limp wristed elitist snobbery at its most mundane.  Most people paying money to play in a WW2 combat game are going to have at least a partial clue.  Lets say 25% minimum clue factor....
you give too much credit yeager, especially considering the number of people who don't even look at the forums. if you were to ask what an iar80 was, 1 in 50 might be able to do something more than give you a blank stare and they would be older than 18. same with the yak3, beaufighter, d.520, hell the me410 as well.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: October 25, 2011, 01:54:38 PM »
If we are going to get the Meteor, give us the Mk I please.
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: October 25, 2011, 01:58:44 PM »
you give too much credit yeager, especially considering the number of people who don't even look at the forums. if you were to ask what an iar80 was, 1 in 50 might be able to do something more than give you a blank stare and they would be older than 18. same with the yak3, beaufighter, d.520, hell the me410 as well.
what the hell is a iar80 lol

In my experience even the slowest planes go near 500mph straight down ;)
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: October 25, 2011, 02:07:20 PM »
In my experience even the slowest planes go near 500mph straight down ;)
:rofl   :lol   :rofl   :lol  true, very true  :lol
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: October 25, 2011, 02:10:03 PM »
If we are going to get the Meteor, give us the Mk I please.
I can agree with this MkI FTW!

Edit: I found this not sure how true it is.

http://www.airpages.ru/eng/uk/gm1.shtml
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:12:23 PM by DrBone1 »
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.