Author Topic: Here we go again.....They're back.  (Read 1952 times)

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
Re: Here we go again.....They're back.
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 10:01:32 AM »
Because if you place the CV behind the continent,  20 sectors away from any frontline, you don't have to bother with defending the port anymore. If you keep it at port, it could get sunk and captured.

And often the "keep the CV at port" strategy is taking it out of the game too. I had many a quarrel with guys trying to stop me from using a CV offensively *gasp*... even when the carrier's homeport was hardly in danger to get captured at all.

At least they weren't hiding them. They might have been sitting next to the port, but they were in play.

I think it's time to start shouting on 200: 'Hey, Why is there a CV in #,#,# which is 20 sectors away?' then we should have a someone take control of it and watch who takes it away from them and turns it's course back, then we can yell on 200 as followup: "Hey (insert name), why are you hiding the CV @ #,#,#? It's way out of game play." This would make them open to ridicule of the highest form, and then their lame attempt would also be blown away cause their CV ain't being hidden no more.

Personally, I find it funny that this behavior on Bish stopped when alot of people went Rook, then resumed when they returned. I don't believe in multiple coincidences.  :old:
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 10:33:50 AM »
At least they weren't hiding them. They might have been sitting next to the port, but they were in play.

I think it's time to start shouting on 200: 'Hey, Why is there a CV in #,#,# which is 20 sectors away?' then we should have a someone take control of it and watch who takes it away from them and turns it's course back, then we can yell on 200 as followup: "Hey (insert name), why are you hiding the CV @ #,#,#? It's way out of game play." This would make them open to ridicule of the highest form, and then their lame attempt would also be blown away cause their CV ain't being hidden no more.

Personally, I find it funny that this behavior on Bish stopped when alot of people went Rook, then resumed when they returned. I don't believe in multiple coincidences.  :old:
I was so frustrated with that squads childish behavior one night, I did almost exactly what you are proposing.

I was chat AND text banned for a week or so.

Something needs to be done, but my guess is that "something" will be nothing.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 10:44:32 AM by 1Boner »
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 10:43:32 AM »
Why would a 190 want to turn fight we he didn't have too ? So your displeased the guy flew his plane correctly ? :headscratch:

Because the A5 is a pretty good at turn fighting.

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 10:44:37 AM »
I was so frustrated with that squads childish behavior one night, I did almost exactly what you are proposing.

Something needs to be done, but my guess is that "something" will be will be nothing.

two words:

Shade Time  :D
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 10:47:00 AM »

Something needs to be done, but my guess is that "something" will be nothing.

For what reason does something need to be done?  I say nothing needs to be done.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 10:50:45 AM »

I still think a timer tied to CV and it's port could do wonders for gameplay without restricting basic strategy or tactics. When the port is gone, you have two or three hours to get it back... else the CV get's captured automatically.
That would keep from CV's being taken out of the game for a week on some maps.

:old:

Yes.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 11:16:23 AM »
For what reason does something need to be done?  I say nothing needs to be done.

I believe it has to do with the fact that most players don't move the CV like this. But certain people/groups do and it is becoming an issue, at least for some who view it more or less as stealing an airbase and making it useless (which is basically what it does)

I remember people doing this before, but it wasn't all the time and people wouldn't do it for too long. Now it's prevalent and those who perpetrate such events keep them there as long as possible.

If it was as common as a blue moon once again, no one would care this much, but it's not. It's as certain each day as the sun rising in the east.

Alot of the supporters are individuals who are level headed, trying to diswade many of the ideas and squash meaningless issues before they grow. Now they support the need for change pretaining to this issue and have offered resolutions or supported those made. Maybe that should hold more weight than many of these posts.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 11:19:30 AM »
I believe in the past HTC and crew have expressed displeasure with those that ruin missions for their own side by announcing them on 200. I believe that extends to the cv issue and may be why 1boner was muted.

I don't agree with what you are describing (hiding the CV), but sometimes it's just wandering, not in play, it's not hurting anybody, and some times it is being moved to set up some mission later on, and you've just blown 2 hours of prep time to get the cv in place.

I'm not saying that's the case, but I'm saying it is done. You have to be sure whatever your would-be solutions are that they do not impact those that legitimately want to use CVs in multiple numbers of ways. Maybe not the way you would, but legitimate ways nonetheless.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 11:32:27 AM »

I still think a timer tied to CV and it's port could do wonders for gameplay without restricting basic strategy or tactics. When the port is gone, you have two or three hours to get it back... else the CV get's captured automatically.
That would keep from CV's being taken out of the game for a week on some maps.

:old:

This man's ideas have worked before.

Perhaps he should be heeded...
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 11:45:27 AM »
This man's ideas have worked before.

Perhaps he should be heeded...

He's simply agreeing with me, which may not be wise.  :uhoh

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,318075.0.html
 :D

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 11:51:55 AM »
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 11:58:53 AM »
Why would a 190 want to turn fight we he didn't have too ? So your displeased the guy flew his plane correctly ? :headscratch:

Reading and  Comprehension fail -1
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 12:53:29 PM »
I believe in the past HTC and crew have expressed displeasure with those that ruin missions for their own side by announcing them on 200. I believe that extends to the cv issue and may be why 1boner was muted.

I don't agree with what you are describing (hiding the CV), but sometimes it's just wandering, not in play, it's not hurting anybody, and some times it is being moved to set up some mission later on, and you've just blown 2 hours of prep time to get the cv in place.

I'm not saying that's the case, but I'm saying it is done. You have to be sure whatever your would-be solutions are that they do not impact those that legitimately want to use CVs in multiple numbers of ways. Maybe not the way you would, but legitimate ways nonetheless.

On yesterdays LW map there is a thin patch of ocean at the very top of the map.

Its no coincedence that 3 or 4 CVs were up there, hours and hours from any action at all.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 01:14:36 PM »
I've expressed my  :bhead about hiding CVs before.

Something needs to be done but I dont know about a timer.  Maybe have Strat supply ships that
leave from home port and head to the CV group.

Gives some bread crumbs to follow and a reason to fly reconnaissance missions.

I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 01:21:26 PM »
Maybe have Strat supply ships that
leave from home port and head to the CV group.

Gives some bread crumbs to follow and a reason to fly reconnaissance missions.

I don't think this would be a practical "solution" in context of this thread's topic.

But beyond that I do very much like your general idea of  supply ships steaming to the fleet in regular intervals. Apart from being helpful in reconnaissance for the enemy fleet, they could make great additional targets and add another variety to the gameplay.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman