Author Topic: Well, there I was...  (Read 1490 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Well, there I was...
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:52:56 PM »
... thinking about possibly going to fly again after two months. Hesitantly going online... first thing I read: "HTC hates German planes" "the 190 was a much smaller fighter than the 109 in real life" "German cannons did hit much harder then they do here"

Sigh. Logging off.

Second try. I enter arena, and the first thing to appear in the text buffer: Complaints about spies.

Sigh again.

:(

Yes, it's nothing new, this too is one of the things that had been that way all the years I've been playing AH. But somehow I'm just so very tired of that kind of stuff...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Well, there I was...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 05:59:59 PM »
It happens man. I tune out if it gets to me. I know you have to be burnt out by now, because the amount of effort you put in this game is astounding to me.I've burnt out on this game several times and probably will again. Your one of the best assets to this game IMO. Your stats and charts are nothing short of awesome, as we all know. We'd hate to see you go. You just need a break from the crap i think.  :salute

you've always been a top notch courteous player.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 06:07:36 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
... thinking about possibly going to fly again after two months. Hesitantly going online... first thing I read: "HTC hates German planes" "the 190 was a much smaller fighter than the 109 in real life" "German cannons did hit much harder then they do here"

Sigh. Logging off.

Second try. I enter arena, and the first thing to appear in the text buffer: Complaints about spies.

Sigh again.

Yes, it's nothing new, this too is one of the things that had been that way all the years I've been playing AH. But somehow I'm just so very tired of that kind of stuff...
pretty much 90% reason for me not wanting to come back.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 06:25:59 PM »
Nostalgia just ain't what it used to be huh. :D

I think you may be forgetting that it was like this ten years ago as well.  :)  you're just becoming a crabby old man :bolt:

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 06:35:25 PM »

Sigh. Logging off.

Sigh again.

I like chatting about WWII aircraft, I do not like whines based on nothing but what people think is correct with nothing supporting it.  I agree that that kind of thing gets old fast.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 07:11:41 PM »
Maybe you should try just ignoring the text buffer and playing the game.  That's what I do.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
What BE says.  I tune everything out.  Fill the squelch list with top 10 spammers.  Find a plane I like, a fight that looks like it fits my mood, and just roll out and find what's coming. 
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 07:29:02 PM »
ya....... what does it matter in any way shape of form...unless its directed at YOU in particular...even then it doesn't truly matter.

what do YOU enjoy about AH that's what ya gotta ask yourself.....

me I love the fight....with all the Hoards...... there are Plenty of fights.

I get just as much as an adrenaline rush to this day as my first times flying here.

you should come back and enjoy AH for what you want.

ignore the rest

:salute

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 08:56:28 PM »
What Moot and Ink said.  Just do something you enjoy, squelch the biggest dolts and go to work having fun.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2011, 09:09:42 PM »
How about not let stupid things get under your skin.  It really surprises me the piddly crap that bothers some of you people.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2011, 09:15:57 PM »

Sigh. Logging off.

Sigh again.

:old: Edit the text box to only show system messages and channel one (for salutes).  Fly and kill in peace.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2011, 09:27:13 PM »
:old: Edit the text box to only show system messages and channel one (for salutes).  Fly and kill in peace.
something you cant seem to do yourself.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 09:36:54 PM »

actually did for a couple of days... very peaceful.   Even turned voice volume to zero.  No talking and no text.  Just salutes and victories landed messages.  Was like hiking in the mountains... very serene...  but then after two days I realized I miss the text and voices and didn't want to miss them any more.

:)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline DMGOD

• Silver Member
      • DRUNKEN MONKEYS
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 10:09:16 PM »

How would you know you don't play the game and for the 2 months u actually did midway didn't behave how he does now. Nothing worse then somebody talks about stuff they have no first hand knowledge of.
Because every pretty girl deserves to go to a ball.  http://thedrunkenmonkeys.webs.com

This is the smartest saying ever, period. nothing beats it if you really look deep into he meaning. your a g*&da^*genius dmgod  :aok

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2011, 10:18:58 PM »
Squelch even works in here. I'll give an example: You are ignoring this user. Show me the post. <--- This is all I can read of midways posts. Even if he starts one this is what comes out. I love it. :rock :x Now if we can just get him, manawar, and some of the arm chair generals in the same squad we'd be set. Don't let things bother you sir. just turn your music up louder and keep knocking them down like bowling pins. By the way, friday nights are usually all you can drink by midnight in your time zone with a special booze it or loose it by 2am.  :salute
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070