Author Topic: Well, there I was...  (Read 1499 times)

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
Re: Well, there I was...
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 11:51:02 PM »
... thinking about possibly going to fly again after two months. Hesitantly going online... first thing I read: "HTC hates German planes" "the 190 was a much smaller fighter than the 109 in real life" "German cannons did hit much harder then they do here"

Sigh. Logging off.

Second try. I enter arena, and the first thing to appear in the text buffer: Complaints about spies.

Sigh again.

:(

Yes, it's nothing new, this too is one of the things that had been that way all the years I've been playing AH. But somehow I'm just so very tired of that kind of stuff...

There seems to be a lot of anti-game sentiment going on lately.

Your complaint about German aircraft is even more important than the spies, or the "don't call htc, they will click you" sentiments.

But I really can't believe that htc would truly think German aircraft aren't important to the game.

After all, if Hitler wasn't nuts, we'd all be speaking German now!  Guten Tag

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2011, 12:31:17 AM »
Instead of being cranky...I am thinking Luche is forgetting about all of the wicked awesome (yes I'm from NH) reasons that we fly in AH.  This does not sound like Luche though.... :headscratch:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 07:33:12 AM »
 :)

Of course I should have just ignored it. All those advice about detuning, not caring etc I would myself  have given to another player.  :old:

But if you are already frustrated and not totally enthusiastic, things can (and do!) add up. For example, I'm having severe technical problems running AH now, and then I go online, see that same dumb talk  (because that's what it is) dominating all channels and ask myself if this is really the stuff "worth" all the effort.

It's definitely not the sole reason for not playing, as I already stated: This had been happening all the years, nothing new. But for me, that's the part which is really getting old. Being exposed to willful ignorance and utter stupidity for years has obviously not increased my tolerance for it  :lol

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 10:16:11 AM »
     I totally understand this.  First thing on 200 you see is people intentionally being mean to one another for no reason other than they can.  I disagree with detuning 200,  Maybe here and there, but the point is that I shouldn't have to.

There must be a solution somewhere...

Offline skorpion

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 10:17:47 AM »

easy, ask HTC to kill channel 200 over and over again in the wishlist.

wish not guaranteed-results may vary.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 10:28:16 AM »
     I totally understand this.  First thing on 200 you see is people intentionally being mean to one another for no reason other than they can.  I disagree with detuning 200,  Maybe here and there, but the point is that I shouldn't have to.

I see none, because it's not a problem of CH 200. ;)

Offline DaHand

• Zinc Member
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 01:33:33 PM »
WOP is going to beta soon.   Not that that is a solution to the problem.  I'd rather be able to come back to AH once my money trouble is over. 

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
tempus fugit
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 03:35:54 PM »

Of course I should have just ignored it. All those advice about detuning, not caring etc I would myself  have given to another player.  :old:

But if you are already frustrated and not totally enthusiastic, things can (and do!) add up. For example, I'm having severe technical problems running AH now, and then I go online, see that same dumb talk  (because that's what it is) dominating all channels and ask myself if this is really the stuff "worth" all the effort.

It's definitely not the sole reason for not playing, as I already stated: This had been happening all the years, nothing new. But for me, that's the part which is really getting old. Being exposed to willful ignorance and utter stupidity for years has obviously not increased my tolerance for it  :lol

Just repeating what you already know but... Living well is the best revenge.  Tuning it all out is all you have to do.

Put another way - every moment you spend thinking about what you don't want, is a moment not spent thinking about what you do want and getting it, or getting closer to it.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 03:41:31 PM »
I think humans have a built-in "nonsense tank" that's like a septic tank. They both fill up with stinky poop, but you can't clean out the nonsense tank. You can absorb a lot of nonsense when you're young, but as you get older, you have nowhere to store all of the nonsense you see in the world, so you reject it. That's why many older guys are yelling at you all the time. Their nonsense tank is full, and they can't tolerate any more of your nonsense.   :old:  :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:35:03 PM by Rolex »

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 04:32:45 PM »
This is where someone innocently insinuates you're full of it   :devil
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 05:39:07 PM »

.... Being exposed to willful ignorance and utter stupidity for years has obviously not increased my tolerance for it  :lol

interesting. so the reason for getting fed up with the game is because you're just tired of stupid people? now you're starting to remind me of the german dude in sahara, Lusche.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 05:43:56 PM »
interesting. so the reason for getting fed up with the game is because you're just tired of stupid people? now you're starting to remind me of the german dude in sahara, Lusche.

Maybe you should read the whole post, not just a single sentence ant put it out of context  :P

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2011, 05:45:48 PM »
I think humans have a built-in "nonsense tank" that's like a septic tank. They both fill up with stinky poop, but you can't clean out the nonsense tank. You can absorb a lot of nonsense when you're young, but as you get older, you have nowhere to store all of the nonsense you see in the world, so you reject it. That's why many older guys are yelling at you all the time. Their nonsense tank is full, and they can't tolerate any more of your nonsense.   :old:  :D

:rofl  :salute

Offline killb8

• Copper Member
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 05:55:52 PM »

A profound thing to say. I dont know if its true, but I'm incorporating it with my own philosophy anyways.

P.S. Shhhhhh! There are Nazi spies about :noid

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 05:59:47 PM »
I did, but the last sentence stuck me as arrogant. I would think that someone with your IQ would come to accept us "dumb" people. As far as your techincal problems you're having with the game, I'm sure you'll get that straight soon enough.
I'm of the opinion you're just burnt out on the game and need a long break. There's no shame in that man. But you're looking for an excuse from us to quit. I think you're looking for a fight.
Look Lusche, I respect the hell out of ya, but I ain't going to kiss ur arse either. Quit beating around the bush and state the problem then.

I'd hate to see you quit the game man. If there's anything we can do to help you get a better attitude towards it, just let us know. I guess that's what I'm trying to say in my own way. You know you're well liked and respected around these parts.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 06:30:45 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis