Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22823 times)

Offline SectorNine50

• Silver Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »
I have a question about the collision model:

How come we never get prop damage from colliding with another aircraft?  When we bang the prop on the ground, it bends the prop all up and kills the engine.  If we fly through the center of another plane, most of the time we'll get an oil or rad leak, but the prop keeps turning.

It seems to me like the prop should be the first thing to go in most collision situations.  Is a ground strike the only situation where prop damage can occur?
I'm Sector95 in-game! :-D

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2011, 12:16:32 PM »
you're truly amazing.... how do i get the FE collision alone... when i'm not even moving at all sitting on runway let alone avoid it? really.. if i were you i'd try to not judge before you read the earlier threads... its happened at least couple of times...i have the disappointing memory that forgets to record it.. but many people in the LCA can bear witness to what they saw and can vouch... and 99% of players? you recently done a poll of the 400+ players recently that i don't know abt?

It sounds like you got hit by a truck.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2011, 12:34:29 PM »
You are still implying by your post that we may not have fixed it. It HAS been fixed, "not supposed to have been" , it WAS past tense has been, I posted the release notes, posted a link to the release notes,posted before the release it was fixed indicating it would be in the next release. I have Done every thing I can to prove we said it was fixed at the , and you are still making insinuations that it has not been.

HiTech

I didn't want to respond anymore to you, but your twisting my arm.
I can see with your post that you are got the wrong end of the stick, I unsure whether or not bothering to read my posts in full.

What you have quoted, is myself correcting the lack of grammar in my 2nd post in this thread, because as FLS pointed out it's implying disbelief, something I didn't initially intend, just lazy grammar at the time.
I was not and am not insinuating or implying that you have not implemented the fix, simply correcting grammar from an earlier post.
I am aware that it is fixed and implemented HiTech, thanks to your posted link to the main website... But that information was not within the BBS thread http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,11.0.html

You have to understand, when I first started posting in this thread I was aware it was fixed, but was yet to be aware that the fix was availiable to us outside of your offices, (as again I have to point out) I had not read it in any patch notes, because they were not here http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,11.0.html.

And incase you missed it;
it's usually on the BBS, in this case, it was and is not. I have the General discussion as my Home page, so often miss that sort of thing posted on the main page. My appologies for that.
     I couldn't read it, eyes open, closed, or just using one eye, because like it or not, it's not that thread (http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,11.0.html) anywhere.

I'm not sure how I can be more clear, I am trying..

In summary;

The bug from my first vid (B17 and 110) is Fixed and in the game. (I didn't know that until yesterday)
The BBS page (http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/board,11.0.html) Does not contain that particular set of patch notes, which it should.
I still need (after asking twice) the release date for that patch/version, so I can scan through my vids for any collisions and email them to support next time I'm using the film viewer.
I also need to be less lazy grammatically to avoid misunderstandings that require many times more words to explain.
HiTech needs to go back and read the whole of the thread to ensure he's following everything.

I hope this finally puts this to rest
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2011, 12:46:12 PM »
The long and short of it is 99% of the players [who really understand how the collision model works and why its implemented that way] would rather have the current collision model than the one you suggest.

expanded for clarity :aok
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2011, 01:16:04 PM »
Now I'm confused. I thought it was what you saw on your end is what happened to you and that why only 1 person collide.

Tonight I dove on an IL2, set him on fire and pulled up about 100 yds off of him and went over the top inverted, looking down at him. Then I get collision message and insta towered while he doesn't get a collision message. He said I went through his plane on his end but I know for fact I missed on my end. So which way is it?

caution: objects may be closer then they appear!  :D

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
you're truly amazing.... how do i get the FE collision alone... when i'm not even moving at all sitting on runway let alone avoid it? really.. if i were you i'd try to not judge before you read the earlier threads... its happened at least couple of times...i have the disappointing memory that forgets to record it.. but many people in the LCA can bear witness to what they saw and can vouch... and 99% of players? you recently done a poll of the 400+ players recently that i don't know abt?
It seems I have taken the bait hook line and sinker.

DES, answer me this. How would you feel if you flew by someone, missed them, and was sent to the tower?  How would you explain to a new player why they blew up when they missed another plane? 
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2011, 08:37:29 PM »
It seems I have taken the bait hook line and sinker.

DES, answer me this. How would you feel if you flew by someone, missed them, and was sent to the tower?  How would you explain to a new player why they blew up when they missed another plane?  

the funny thing is, that has already happened to me, but lets think about what you said... lets say i flew by someone*vice versa*, in a merge but due to lag and all that,  i actually crash into him, the fact that i i think i missed him, shows that i may have flown a little to close, but suddenly only I GET THE DAMAGE... and the other party flies away free....

OK lets put that in another sense, you're the guy who's flying st8 and level, and this guy swoops down for the kill and ACCIDENTALLY misses you, but lag and all that he crashes into you but ONLY YOU got the collision msg and the other guy flys away free....

Now then my question back to you, how do you explain to the new player that only they got the collision sitting on the runway and the other is running away damage free... a collision involves both parties and both parties should have damage no matter what.. !

Or should we just tell them to accept it and take it and not question change?

« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 08:39:04 PM by des506 »
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2011, 09:06:29 PM »
It's very easy, YOU saw the collision, HE didn't. So YOU take the damage and HE doesn't. It's pretty strait forward and it's is how it works all the time (until some one can prove otherwise)

So yes you except it, much like you accept that a 20 ton tank can be flipped by a bush, much like you accept that you can still see a con in the clouds due to the neon tag that have attached to their plane. It's a pretty hard and fast rule, don't collide and you won't take damage.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2011, 09:14:25 PM »
It's very easy, YOU saw the collision, HE didn't. So YOU take the damage and HE doesn't. It's pretty strait forward and it's is how it works all the time (until some one can prove otherwise)

So yes you except it, much like you accept that a 20 ton tank can be flipped by a bush, much like you accept that you can still see a con in the clouds due to the neon tag that have attached to their plane. It's a pretty hard and fast rule, don't collide and you won't take damage.

so it really boils down to who has the fastest internet and computer, and those that do will win the day.. unlike those who lag and and get damaged by collisions just by sitting on runway... hey if you tell me that thats the only way  and everyone has to accept that.. then sure...  :cheers:
DES 354th FG
The men dying out there have no choice... i have..i cannot order them into battle... i can perhaps lead them...Help them....Die with them
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2011, 09:16:06 PM »
no it boils down to what you see on your computer. Avoid the collision and you won't get damage. I understand that may be a bit hard to do as you spawn on the runway, but if a whirble can tower out under a bomb so can you.

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2011, 09:20:44 PM »
no it boils down to what you see on your computer. Avoid the collision and you won't get damage. I understand that may be a bit hard to do as you spawn on the runway, but if a whirble can tower out under a bomb so can you.

yup, so if i have a slow computer and internet i would most certainly not be able to avoid the collision sitting on runway...i prob need to learn new fast reflexes now... ESC then end sortie.. have to do it under a sec
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »
thats what macros are for!  :aok

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #102 on: December 21, 2011, 09:26:56 PM »
so it really boils down to who has the fastest internet and computer, and those that do will win the day.. unlike those who lag and and get damaged by collisions just by sitting on runway... hey if you tell me that thats the only way  and everyone has to accept that.. then sure...  :cheers:
I'm done with this clown..

Hitech, the collision model is as fair as it can be made, good work. Please don't change it or we'll have DES running around crashing into to people just to be a sphincter.

.squelch des.
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline des506

• Nickel Member
      • The 354th FG
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2011, 09:35:02 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: December 22, 2011, 10:05:53 PM by hitech »
DES 354th FG
Manfred von Richthofen

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2011, 09:52:37 PM »
yup, so if i have a slow computer and internet i would most certainly not be able to avoid the collision sitting on runway...i prob need to learn new fast reflexes now... ESC then end sortie.. have to do it under a sec

Let's change the perfectly fair and reasonable collision model to your goofy "one guy screws up so the other guy that doesn't dies too" idea.  :rolleyes:

Did it occur to you that you could have - and should have upped at a different field?  If your "slow computer and internet" is always that way, you should have gotten used to the fact that maybe upping into a vulch is a bad idea.  Which it is anyway, regardless of lag (or lack thereof).  Sure seems like a lot of fuss over one cartoon airplane.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."