Author Topic: Collision Model  (Read 22833 times)

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Re: Collision Model
« Reply #300 on: January 07, 2012, 08:35:51 AM »
There is a long time player that was recently under that impression.  He thought that "if front end sees the collision" meant that he had to physically see the collision for it to happen.  I think FBZodiac finally set DES straight but we all had a good laugh, except DES.

ack-ack

Hey, when I first heard ... "If you don't see a collision on your front end, then you will not collide" ... I use to shut my eyes thinking that if I didn't see the collision ... then I will not collide ... not true ... they lied to me ... :mad:

:x
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #301 on: January 07, 2012, 10:30:43 AM »
"He didn't hit me on my front end. He rammed me from behind."  :devil

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #302 on: January 08, 2012, 08:46:43 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?rvh3282i74hve5x

saturday night I rammed a buff got away with a missing aerleron and landed 5 or 6 kills.  I should have been dead.

I plan on going to the DA and ramming people in the lake to get more evidence. 

Also my theory is the plane that "caused" the collision is the plane going at higher rate of speed, I'll work on that also.

Hopper

JG/11

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #303 on: January 08, 2012, 09:01:14 PM »
There is no "at fault" plane.

-You're on auto-climb (an maybe even afk).  You're flying a completely predictable path at a stable speed.  I dive down and pass just in front of you.  As I pass by, your prop hits my belly.  Technically, you hit me...  Are you at fault?

-I'm in your path and have enough speed to maneuver, while you're too slow to change heading but are still coming toward me.  I could get out of your way, but don't (maybe I choose not to?)...  You hit me again.

-You're on auto-climb again...  I dive on you, and on your screen you see me pass cleanly 50ft in front of you.  On my screen, you clip my tail with your prop...  Oops, you hit me again!

-You're turning on the deck with a squadie of mine.  I cannot get into position for a shot on you, but manage (accidentally; I'm a terrible pilot) to pass in front of you so that you hit me from the side...

Who has the "right of way"?  What are the rules of the road?  What if we see the same thing, but cannot agree on who's at fault?  What if we agree that we saw the exact same thing but in reality we didn't?
For most of these you can refer to my post above for explanation

#1 your at fault

#2 your at fault

#3 your at fault

#4 your at fault

Statement at the end (in my perfect aces high both planes go down because of a collision, I know I won't get that so I won't argue to that point.)

I'm not going to lie I have a dog in the fight, example #4 is were I find myself most of the time.  Except that the at fault plane collides with me but manages to get guns on and I die because he has a percentage of a chance to still ram me and fly away with the kill.  If that percentage was 0%, do you think he would still try as hard to get guns on or save himself?  I am hoping more people will realize they will die if they collide and try again for a better angle.
Hopper

JG/11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #304 on: January 08, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »
http://www.mediafire.com/?rvh3282i74hve5x

saturday night I rammed a buff got away with a missing aerleron and landed 5 or 6 kills.  I should have been dead.

I plan on going to the DA and ramming people in the lake to get more evidence. 

Also my theory is the plane that "caused" the collision is the plane going at higher rate of speed, I'll work on that also.

There is no collision message in that film.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #305 on: January 08, 2012, 09:15:27 PM »
There is no collision message in that film.
They don't always show up in the AHFilm.
The left wing definately hits the B25, slowing the film down helps.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 08, 2012, 09:17:44 PM »

"You have collided" always shows up (white)
"XYZ has collided with you" never does.

So if there is no collision message in film, you didn't take damage as there was none on your FE.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #307 on: January 08, 2012, 09:21:05 PM »

So if there is no collision message in film, you didn't take damage as there was none on your FE.

Sorry snail it definately does not 'always show up'

Regardless the 262's left wing went through the right drones, left engine. The evidence is sat right here in this film...  :rolleyes:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #308 on: January 08, 2012, 11:20:50 PM »

I just checked the original film and the message is not there either.  But I do remember it when it happened.  But thats ok thats my first time flying in a few days I'll have more films this week if I have time.
Hopper

JG/11

Offline Hopper

• Silver Member
« Reply #309 on: January 08, 2012, 11:28:53 PM »

next time i'll back it up with a screen shot just for you lusche
Hopper

JG/11

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #310 on: January 09, 2012, 01:43:17 AM »

It's the other way around.

"XYZ has collided with you" (white) always shows up on fim.
"You have collided" (orange) does not show up on film.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #311 on: January 09, 2012, 04:55:14 AM »
It's the other way around.

"XYZ has collided with you" (white) always shows up on fim.
"You have collided" (orange) does not show up on film.

wrongway

Mmmm I don't think those colors are right.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #312 on: January 09, 2012, 06:55:56 AM »
The left wing definately hits the B25, slowing the film down helps.

I saw the hit, I was just commenting on the lack of message.

The actual complaint seems to be that the collision caused insufficient damage in hopper's opinion.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #313 on: January 09, 2012, 07:21:28 AM »
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #314 on: January 09, 2012, 10:26:46 AM »
My experiences for the past ten years ... 90% my fault ... 10% never saw it coming or was unable to do anything about it.

And that is half the problem right there.  What you write applies to you and your experiences the same as what I write applies to me and my experiences.  These threads get out of hand because people fail to realize that their experiences/opinions/etc may not necessarily apply to others.  You do realize that it cannot be 90% everyone fault right?  I mean, if I was fighting you all the time and 90% of the times we collided it was your fault, that would only leave only 10% for me right?

The amount of times I actually collide in 1 year does not even rate enough to even think about getting all frothy in the mouth about it and if I was colliding to the point to cause frothing of the mouth ... then I would need to find a new game, because my suckage at this game is probably something that I most likely could never recover from ... I would most likely be ... doomed to eternal suckage.

And this is the other half of the problem (and since it a response to me, I am talking about my self here).  No one is frothing at the mouth and no one has a problem with suckage.  In case you guys have not noticed, this is a discussion board.  The only frothing I see is on the responses of the fun club and people responding with one liners to anyone that does not agree with the collisions.

If everyone kept it clean, there would not be any frothing, but no one does and some are encouraged to do so depending on what side of the argument they are on.  So, I don;t remember saying that I collide all the time, or that I warp all the time, or that I see warps all the time, or any of the garbage posted here and on other threads.  I stated my opinion and what I think the facts are for when I do collide in a collision discussion thread.  The rest is added in order to discredit posters.  But hey, you guys feel free to twist everything any way you like so you can get your point across.
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.