Author Topic: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN  (Read 15508 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: World of Aircraft...vs...Aces High...We need to WIN
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2011, 06:03:17 AM »
From Blade after his first visit in Beta  :D  He had an ouchie but damn does this screen shot look realistic or what?

What was silver dude mouthing off about?  grass update?  Man, that ain't grass, that is Chuck Norris approved sniper cover.   I'm an not an eye candy guy, but even I noticed he failed to mention the addition of the bmp for buildings and planes.   Give me some time in the training arena with the masters, and turn me loose to try to out slick  :joystick: another good stick and I am satisfied.  I can go grab all the eye candy stuff later for the film viewer. 

So, basically I just care that the guy in front of my guns holds still long enough to earn a visit to the tower, I won't be admiring how pretty his ride or paint job is, unless it is going down in flames (not of the paint persuasion).

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2011, 07:45:24 AM »
My mistake, our current graphics are state of the art. Please excuse my previous post......

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2011, 07:59:06 AM »
I actually think the new AH2 model aircraft and vehicles look much better than WoT/WoWP. Those games look cool, but the graphics are more arcadeish, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 08:08:02 AM by B4Buster »
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2011, 08:05:31 AM »
Did you see the guns all flash at different times on the F4F and the Japanese plane towards the end?

IIRC, atleast the early Zero variants could fire either cannon, or MGs, but not both at the same time. Anyone know if this is true?
"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2011, 08:06:27 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I believe AkAk was refering to "World of Warplanes" .......... what the original topic poster had called  world of aircraft, since he mentioned wargaming.net & world of tanks

then someone else posted about "World of Planes" which is developed by Gaijin, who also made the following :
*Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey ( for PS3 & Xbox )
*Wings of Prey   ( nearly the same as Il-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, but brought to the PC crowd )
*Birds of Steel   ( for PS3 & Xbox )
*World of Planes  ( nearly the same as Birds of Steel, but brought to the PC crowd ...... although they tell everyone to try out Wings of Prey Demo to get a taste of what to expect from World of Planes )

SilverZ06, 200 different people could take that same ingame screenshot, and all 200 pictures could actually look different all around

seriously, trying to take pictures and compare them will be different for every single individual, noone has the exact same PC setup nor do they set their graphics  adjustments up the same.....

and from my previous post above... I apologize if it looks like I was being rude or talking down at anyone....... I did not mean for it to come off that way

everyone has a right to play whatever they want, and compare whatever they want....  I would just like people to try and be informed about this stuff as much as you possibly can, instead of trash talking one game verses some other game....

regardless of what game someone plays, the same complaints and same problems will still be there, whereever there might be

cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2011, 08:11:39 AM »
and guessing from how they managed WoT, it will depart from any degree of realism very quickly.  If anything, I think it will pull a lot of people into the genre and once they start looking for a real challenge - they will start trying out AH.

Bingo...

All we need is a few people making the Aces High 'suggestion' over there and WoP would give AH more customers than its commercials ever did.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2011, 08:22:06 AM »
AH may be behind on the graphics, but they have something that IL2 or this new game may not use historic AC performance.   

dam right ain't a game out there right now that has what this game offers....plain and simple. :cheers:
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2011, 08:23:46 AM »
I'll admit that the graphics look good, but until I get a chance to try the flight models I will check my judgement.

Competition is good.  If HTC needs to step things up a notch in certain areas of Aces High then this might be a wake up call.  But like most sim' players, I will always take accuracy over eye candy any day.  

Some of the things that WoP was showing HTC can do as well, it is just a matter of loosening the choke hold on the server settings.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2011, 08:24:07 AM »
My mistake, our current graphics are state of the art. Please excuse my previous post......
silver you running at full graphics? and of course older models still need an update. working progress is better than no work at all
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2011, 08:26:48 AM »

It would help get your point across and better articulate your position if you could state your concerns and suggestions clearly using proper English grammar.  Spell check if you are not sure.  Microsoft Word ranked this document at a third grade level.   

I did use spell check but I would rather It be more of what I would write.
The M1 Garand is the greatest battle implement ever divised.
-General George S Patton JR

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2011, 08:29:59 AM »
From Blade after his first visit in Beta  :D  He had an ouchie but damn does this screen shot look realistic or what?

What was silver dude mouthing off about?  grass update?  Man, that ain't grass, that is Chuck Norris approved sniper cover.   I'm an not an eye candy guy, but even I noticed he failed to mention the addition of the bmp for buildings and planes.   Give me some time in the training arena with the masters, and turn me loose to try to out slick  :joystick: another good stick and I am satisfied.  I can go grab all the eye candy stuff later for the film viewer. 

So, basically I just care that the guy in front of my guns holds still long enough to earn a visit to the tower, I won't be admiring how pretty his ride or paint job is, unless it is going down in flames (not of the paint persuasion).

That looks good but Its just wargameing.com is more known to people...

Offline SilverZ06

• Silver Member
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2011, 08:30:54 AM »
silver you running at full graphics? and of course older models still need an update. working progress is better than no work at all

That was taken this morning on high resoution, everything enabled, and shadows on 4096

Offline nasty

• Zinc Member
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2011, 08:32:27 AM »

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2011, 08:34:28 AM »
That was taken this morning on high resoution, everything enabled, and shadows on 4096
then i stand by my second part there. older models still need updates but ive seen alot of improvement in graphics over the almost 8 years ive played this
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 08:40:12 AM »

Ok now look at this...the trees are about right in size!

this is from "World of Planes"  not "world of aircraft" <--- by the way can you provide us to a link to this world of aircraft game?  and also a link to wargameing.com ???

I only know of World of Warplanes  by wargaming.net and  World of Planes  by Gaijin @ http://worldofplanesgame.com/en/  -  http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php?/forum/24-world-of-planes/

I have not heard of the one you originally posted about

thanks,

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC