Author Topic: Do - 335  (Read 6475 times)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
Re: Do - 335
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2012, 05:10:38 PM »
I PMed HiTech about that rules for aircraft inclusion and he told me that no rule does exist, but they want aircraft that did see service during WW2.
SO ... all this insistance about a RULE that disqualifys the 335 has just been misleading ... perhaps well intentioned, but based on assumption and BS ... I just provided a source that references COMBAT SERVICE with Verifiable German Squadrons in an earlier post today. It's admittedly sketchy and MORE info is certainly desirable, but the same situation exists inre: the 152.

with that being said the Do-335 does not meet that standard.
And I'm Betting THAT is YOUR conclusion and NOT something HT actually SAID ... is it?
:aok
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2012, 05:21:27 PM »
Ta-152 saw service in WWII, and had multiple kills. The ONLY simmilarity between the 152's situation and the Do 335's is that few were built.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2012, 05:56:43 PM »
And I'm Betting THAT is YOUR conclusion and NOT something HT actually SAID ... is it?
:aok

that conclusion is based on HiTech saying that they want aircraft that saw service. the Do-335 did not see service. what do you not get about it being a prototype. and granted a few production types were built but it never did see service. the He-162 did see some service and that qualifies it to be considered for inclusion. but the Do-335 does not ever qualify for consideration.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2012, 06:06:01 PM »
Ta-152 saw service in WWII, and had multiple kills. The ONLY simmilarity between the 152's situation and the Do 335's is that few were built.
Yes very few ... around 40 total 152s, ... with never more than 15 servicable at one time. Info on 152 operations is sketchy and much of it is unverifiable just like the 335 ... many records were scattered, destroyed, or captured by the Russians. This has all been repeated a couple of times previously ... Do you bother to READ the threads you are posting in?
:rolleyes:

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2012, 06:16:02 PM »
that conclusion is based on HiTech saying that they want aircraft that saw service. the Do-335 did not see service. what do you not get about it being a prototype. and granted a few production types were built but it never did see service. the He-162 did see some service and that qualifies it to be considered for inclusion. but the Do-335 does not ever qualify for consideration.
So just to be clear HT DID NOT TELL YOU the 335 was unsuitable for AH. He told you there ARE NO RULES and you immediately decided to make one up ... again ... SO ... here's THIS .... AGAIN ....

( www.skylighters.org/encyclopedia/do335.html )
"Plagued by mechanical unreliability and lack of aviation fuel, the operational career of the Do335 is rather obscure. Do335A-0 and A-1 aircraft are thought to have flown a number of operational missions with EK335. Some were also used by III/KG2 in the Spring of 1945."

That looks suspiciously like a sourced reference to 335 combat operations with not 1, but 2 VERIFIABLE GERMAN SQUADRONS.
:banana:

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2012, 06:22:30 PM »
And your point is..... what exactly? The Ta-152 still entered mass production. It still saw service in WWII. It still has confirmed kills.  You can't say any of those things about the Pfiel.

And so what if records are potentially lost or destroyed? We don't even know for sure what there was to go missing or be destroyed in the first place. For all you know, all records we have for the Do 335 are all there ever was. Not exactly likely, but the fact remains that its possible.

But the point is that we don't have full records (or as I said before, maybe we do). We don't know if it saw service (all evidence suggests no). We don't know if it had any kills (again, all evidence suggests no).

We don't know for sure if the Maus prototype was used against the Russians, as is sometimes claimed, and we don't have any irrefutable proof that it didn't. But that doesn't mean the Maus has any reason to be in the game. And the same stands for your pfeil.

But, like an idiot, you're going to pull some BS out of your arse and claim it has some connection with reality, and that its vague and incorrect references to what actually happened somehow supports your request for the Do 335. I don't know why I even bother feeding an obvious troll  :bhead.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:24:37 PM by Tank-Ace »
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2012, 06:36:08 PM »
We don't even know - we don't have - maybe we do - We don't know - We don't know - We don't know - I don't know
I agree, you don't know much ...
:D

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2012, 12:11:32 AM »
So just to be clear HT DID NOT TELL YOU the 335 was unsuitable for AH. He told you there ARE NO RULES and you immediately decided to make one up ... again ... SO ... here's THIS .... AGAIN ....

( www.skylighters.org/encyclopedia/do335.html )
"Plagued by mechanical unreliability and lack of aviation fuel, the operational career of the Do335 is rather obscure. Do335A-0 and A-1 aircraft are thought to have flown a number of operational missions with EK335. Some were also used by III/KG2 in the Spring of 1945."

That looks suspiciously like a sourced reference to 335 combat operations with not 1, but 2 VERIFIABLE GERMAN SQUADRONS.
:banana:

"Are thought to have flown" is hardly proof of operational service.  Keep grasping at those straws.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #113 on: January 05, 2012, 12:40:27 AM »
"Are thought to have flown" is hardly proof of operational service.  Keep grasping at those straws.
I don't have to prove anything to anybody ... If HT wants to see references, I'll provide any I know of ... Another point of interest: some folks MAY remember an old TALON SOFT strategy sim called BOMBING THE REICH ... Interestingly, THEY decided to include the 335 in THEIR very detailed SIM.
:eek:

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: January 05, 2012, 01:20:04 AM »
And? Detailed isn't the same as historicly accurate. Hell, detailed isn't the same thing as realistic even.

WWIIOL is very detailed (much more so than Aces High,  in some ways)..... but its not historicly accurate. The same can be said of World of Tanks. Its a very detailed game with very little realism.

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: January 05, 2012, 01:43:14 AM »
Keep grasping at those straws.
COMBAT FLIGHT SIM 3 also decided to include the DO 335. And, here's an interesting, if unverified, reference -

- "This plane was allege to have be operational (name deleted), Do 335V-10 CP+UK 230010 A-6 prototype night ftr with SN-2 radar, It may have taken part in the Lufwaffe's "Operation Gisela" -

In January 1945 'Operation Gisela' was planned. It was to be a long range nightfighting and bombing effort over England. With a British night bombing raid in progress, the German nightfighters and bombers were to cross the North Sea at very low level and intrude on the British over their aerodromes whilst they were landing. The whole thing was planned to render the south of England unsafe first, then central England and finally the north

This was DEFINATELY COMBAT and the timing coincides perfectly for combat testing a new and unproven DO 335 nightfighter.
:cool:

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: January 05, 2012, 03:56:25 AM »
So If I understand this correctly:

No one can post anything on HTC's criteria for current inclusion.

Someone asked HTC a couple posts ago and supposedly he said there was none (or nothing posted)

...and we're still trying to prove what HTC would include or not? 

Maybe I'm totally wrong, but I specifically asked this question, in this post, and was essentially told twice that there is not a specific answer.

So like...why do people tell each other what HTC will or will not include? :rolleyes:

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: January 05, 2012, 04:11:59 AM »
This is what HiTech sent to me.

There is no hard and fast rule. But generally we want planes to have seen service.

HiTech

That is exactly what he told me. They want planes to have seen service in WW2 to be added or considered for addition to Ace High.

The Do-335 does not even qualify for consideration. and i believe it will never be considered by HTC for addition. unless there is proof that it infact saw some kind of service other then in test flights.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:13:37 AM by fullmetalbullet »
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2012, 05:07:02 AM »
This is what HiTech sent to me.

That is exactly what he told me. They want planes to have seen service in WW2 to be added or considered for addition to Ace High.

The Do-335 does not even qualify for consideration. and i believe it will never be considered by HTC for addition. unless there is proof that it infact saw some kind of service other then in test flights.

You're doing it again...

Define "seen service"

...and with that I'm totally outta this :O

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2012, 09:54:11 AM »
COMBAT FLIGHT SIM 3 also decided to include the DO 335. And, here's an interesting, if unverified, reference -

- "This plane was allege to have be operational (name deleted), Do 335V-10 CP+UK 230010 A-6 prototype night ftr with SN-2 radar, It may have taken part in the Lufwaffe's "Operation Gisela" -

In January 1945 'Operation Gisela' was planned. It was to be a long range nightfighting and bombing effort over England. With a British night bombing raid in progress, the German nightfighters and bombers were to cross the North Sea at very low level and intrude on the British over their aerodromes whilst they were landing. The whole thing was planned to render the south of England unsafe first, then central England and finally the north

This was DEFINATELY COMBAT and the timing coincides perfectly for combat testing a new and unproven DO 335 nightfighter.
:cool:

"Alleged to have been operational" and "It may have taken part in..." hardly qualifies for as verifiable proof.

Keep grasping at those straws...

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song