Author Topic: Do - 335  (Read 6479 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: Do - 335
« Reply #90 on: January 04, 2012, 01:50:52 AM »
Im still curious about EVZ's ingame name.
Yea i need a kill  :lol
AoM
City of ice

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »
Im still curious about EVZ's ingame name.
Yea i need a kill  :lol

Wanta bet it starts with a v?
JG 52

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2012, 10:16:12 AM »
Flying a mission in a combat zone is different than flying a combat mission, regardless of what the make-believe "official" defenition you pull out of your arse is.
Make believe? ... maybe you are THAT ignorant ... DOD stands for DEPT OF DEFENSE ... While OTHER countrys may have variations on DOD definitions and protocols, they generally base THEIR standards on these same established principles.

You can be in a combat zone and not be in combat. - fighting requires that you do something TO the enemy. If you turn tail and run, THEY might have been fighting, but YOU sure as hell weren't.
The Geneva Convention is probably as close as humanity has ever come to RULES OF WARFARE. It says that ALL military personel are combatants.  --  It's obvious you are NOT aware of the principles of Strategic Withdrawl, Tactical Manuver, or Defense in Depth. I doubt you have any REAL knowledge of the conduct or warfare at all. NOT shooting at the enemy is often just as important as shooting at him.

nobody has done ANYTHING to deserve the label "disruptive idiot" if anything, that label is best applied to you.
Your (quoted) posting is completely off topic and essentially a personal attack. That's disruptive, the IDIOCY is self evident. All of it is repetitive and self indulgent. The others engaging in similar activity know who they are and are readily apparent to everyone.
:noid

I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2012, 10:42:35 AM »
EVZ,

I agree that if the Do335 had been on a combat mission and encountered four Tempest Mk Vs the best thing for it to do would have been to run.

Now, what do you think would have happened with this Do335 had it encountered a C-47 Skytrain or L-4 Grasshopper?  This is where we run into a problem considering that encounter with the Tempests to have been combat, the Do335's reaction to run needs to have been a calculated one based on the number of hostile fighters, not the default action of an unarmed prototype on an evaluation flight.

There was no chance of that Do335 doing anything remotely aggressive, even against a single, unarmed Allied aircraft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2012, 10:50:22 AM »
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2012, 11:03:13 AM »
EVZ, I agree that if the Do335 had been on a combat mission and encountered four Tempest Mk Vs the best thing for it to do would have been to run.
That's progress!

Now, what do you think would have happened with this Do335 had it encountered a C-47 Skytrain or L-4 Grasshopper?  This is where we run into a problem considering that encounter with the Tempests to have been combat, the Do335's reaction to run needs to have been a calculated one based on the number of hostile fighters, not the default action of an unarmed prototype on an evaluation flight. There was no chance of that Do335 doing anything remotely aggressive, even against a single, unarmed Allied aircraft.
I'm not real sure WHERE you get the info that this was an UNARMED test plane? It certainly doesn't come from the french pilot that chased it. A convienient assumption? Here's a different sources ( www.skylighters.org/encyclopedia/do335.html ) information regarding the 335's combat deployment.

"Plagued by mechanical unreliability and lack of aviation fuel, the operational career of the Do335 is rather obscure. Do335A-0 and A-1 aircraft are thought to have flown a number of operational missions with EK335. Some were also used by III/KG2 in the Spring of 1945." Like the french pilots report, this info isn't sourced or verifiable in any definative way ... BUT ... it IS a reference to OPERATIONAL DEPLOYMENT with SPECIFIC, VERIFIABLE, SQUADRONS.
:cool:

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2012, 11:18:58 AM »
A source that says "Is thought to have flown a number of operational sorties" as your best source is extremely weak.  How about actual primary source documentation that supports any operational deployment?

No, the vast likelyhood is that the Do335 in question, if Pierre Closterman wasn't making it up in the first place which was something he did at times, was an unarmed prototype that was doing an evaluation flight.

And take your insulting "That's progress!" roadkill and eat it.  I posted that only to get you over the moronic quibbling that you are doing over self evident things that you arrogantly don't think the rest of us understand.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2012, 12:02:02 PM »
A source that says "Is thought to have flown a number of operational sorties" as your best source is extremely weak.  How about actual primary source documentation that supports any operational deployment?
Weak? maybe, I wouldn't consider it strong ... But it's MORE than you've got!  Maybe you could sneak into the basement at the Kremlin and spend a couple of years examining the captured documents from WWII that have never been cataloged? - Eyewitness and Anecdotal reports are all that exist regarding much of what occured during the fall of germany ... requesting more is just unrealistic diversion. The fact that reference to OPERATIONAL MISSIONS and DEPLOYMENT to VERIFIABLE squadrons exists -IS- significant, even (especially) if it DOESN'T suit your argument.

No, the vast likelyhood is that the Do335 in question, if Pierre Closterman wasn't making it up in the first place which was something he did at times, was an unarmed prototype that was doing an evaluation flight.
So, while requesting primary source documentation of combat deployment, you base your argument against it on a convienient, unreferenced, assumption? WOW that's credibility !
:rofl

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2012, 12:11:29 PM »
Why r you so scared tellin us your ingame name? Do you even have any?
AoM
City of ice

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2012, 04:04:08 PM »
I PMed HiTech about that rules for aircraft inclusion and he told me that no rule does exist, but they want aircraft that did see service during WW2. with that being said the Do-335 does not meet that standard. but other aircraft that have been turned down by the BBS Community do. such as the F7F Tigercat, It did see service with the USMC in a squadron. so that makes it available for consideration to be included in the line up. now i believe more important aircraft should be added first insted of a late late war aircraft. but it is nice to know that aircraft that came in late in the war that didn't shoot at enemy aircraft but saw service in some way in squadron strength could be included.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 04:12:57 PM by fullmetalbullet »
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2012, 04:11:31 PM »
Why r you so scared tellin us your ingame name? Do you even have any?

Whatever his name is in game is not relevant to this discussion. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline AKP

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2012, 04:14:14 PM »

***G3-MF***

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2012, 04:14:42 PM »
See that EVZ? HTC just said to fullmetalbullet that they don't want planes that didn't see active service.

The Do 335 is (by HiTech's own word) not what they're looking for.

Get over it.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2012, 04:52:59 PM »
See that EVZ? HTC just said to fullmetalbullet that they don't want planes that didn't see active service.
The Do 335 is (by HiTech's own word) not what they're looking for.
You really DO like to make things up don't you...?
:x

Offline fullmetalbullet

• Silver Member
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2012, 05:01:11 PM »
You really DO like to make things up don't you...?
:x

yes we do. hey tank-ace did you know the nazis nuked new york. it was on the tv so it must be true.
"Cry Havoc, And Let Slip The Dogs Of War" Julius Caesar