Author Topic: ME-262's  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Dimebag

• Nickel Member
Re: ME-262's
« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2012, 05:59:42 PM »
I lost bet with Rain000 on a football game. The loser had to auger a 262 on purpose.
It was actually a lot of fun, gathered some squaddies and fellow bish to witness the event.
A good time was had by all. BTW the same bet is on again for this year.

500+ into the tower :lol  I was trying to just clip a wing and spiral into the mountainside  :lol

need vids next time please :x
Dimebag
CO of the Black Tooth Grin
Black Attack!!!

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2012, 07:39:29 PM »
Aces High, if you are paying attention, you are killing the game with the 262's! Either price them much higher or restrict to 163 bases. No 262 ever shot down a aircraft outside of Germany! How can you allow them to fly over the water area's in the arena's? I thought this game was supposed to be based on factual combat conditions in WW2!

*chalks*   :devil
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2012, 08:13:31 PM »
Aces High, if you are paying attention, you are killing the game with the 262's! Either price them much higher or restrict to 163 bases. No 262 ever shot down a aircraft outside of Germany! How can you allow them to fly over the water area's in the arena's? I thought this game was supposed to be based on factual combat conditions in WW2!

Better wear a life jacket.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 09:13:45 PM »
Chased down a flight of 28k B-29's today in a 262. Lots of fun trying to get up there and get into position for an attack. Managed to kill all 3 B-29's, but the fun part was flying it that high, and trying to keep up the the B-29's.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2012, 10:17:24 PM »
 :noid :x :noid :x :noid
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2012, 03:07:16 AM »
I checked my 262 stats.

47 out of 118 aircraft destroyed were bomber/attack, or true bomber, lancs were the hardest hit.

I was shot down 9 times,  :( 4 of them were from bombers (including...uh.. :uhoh a C47)

Whats more interesting is that I very much recognize 5 of the pilots that pwned me.  I recognize them because they (I would assume) be considered veteran pilots?

I'm going to wager a guess that the people that complain are the same ones that form the congo line behind every 262, with no hope of actually catching it.

And the people that shoot it down...I would think they take advantage of a mistake, and make it their advantage, or specifically stalk one, which might require the better part of an hour.

And for everyone else that got pwned by one, and endlessly chases it assuming...err what?  that'll magically slow down and present itself in your sights?  They're fast, but not uber.  Look at your map, figure out where they're going to land, head there and vulch em.  or put yourself way above em, and wait till they get sloppy going for a low alt buff kill.

They are not uber, as is true with every other aircraft.  Sometime you have to PLAN an attack as opposed to just turning and burnin.