Author Topic: Real life parenting question...not sure what to do  (Read 3592 times)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Real life parenting question...not sure what to do
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2012, 10:16:19 PM »
weed leads to worse drugs in my opinion, friend of mine started with weed then he got up to meth and crack by the time he graduated, haven't talked to him since the last time he offered me meth
I was a freshman at the time

Your friend was an idiot.

It had nothing to do with the weed.
See Rule #4

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »
weed leads to worse drugs in my opinion, friend of mine started with weed then he got up to meth and crack by the time he graduated, haven't talked to him since the last time he offered me meth
I was a freshman at the time

I will beg to differ. IMHO, getting caught with weed and going to jail with a bunch of crackheads turns you into a crackhead.

Edit: On that note though, you can go to jail for drinking and be in the same situation as well
No one knows what the future may bring.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2012, 10:20:01 PM »
I will beg to differ. IMHO, getting caught with weed and going to jail with a bunch of crackheads turns you into a crackhead.

Is that what happened?
See Rule #4

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2012, 10:21:58 PM »

Is that what happened?

I don't know his friend lol, but that is my best guess. All of the crackheads I know went to jail for something before they started using. BUT, they also have the IQ of a mentally ill goldfish.  :lol

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2012, 10:23:52 PM »

Your friend was an idiot.

It had nothing to do with the weed.
He said he went to bigger and badder things cause weed didn't have the same effect anymore as it did the first while he did it

also the sob was a straight A student, composer of music (weird music) and the guy was a natural artist, however when he started other stuff those hobbies went down the drain and he graduated with a B average

Edit: On that note though, you can go to jail for drinking and be in the same situation as well
Last I heard he lost his job at mcdonalds a few months ago, haven't heard any updates from his friends and they don't like it when I ask
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:27:57 PM by F22RaptorDude »
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 10:27:17 PM »
He said he went to bigger and badder things cause weed didn't have the same effect anymore as it did the first while he did it
Last I heard he lost his job at mcdonalds a few months ago, haven't heard any updates from his friends and they don't like it when I ask

Well, first of all, weed is a WHOLE different ballpark than coke or meth, you can't even put those 2 in the same category. Coke and Meth are stimulants, while marijuana is a depressant or "downer"

Offline Rash

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2012, 10:36:07 PM »
I don't think it leads to other drugs, but shows a tendency to try other drugs.
The UNFORGIVEN

Offline F22RaptorDude

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2012, 11:13:31 PM »
I don't think it leads to other drugs, but shows a tendency to try other drugs.
that's what I meant to say
Reaper in a T-50-2 Scout tank in 10 seconds flat

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2012, 12:14:06 AM »
Rash would be correct. Also, 1pLUs44 would also be wrong, the "do whatever the hell you want" method would be the wrong approach to this situation.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline B-17

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2012, 12:23:06 AM »
Being 15, I'm gonna say be nice about it, but tell them it's not the best idea at the moment.

Pay attention to who she hangs out with, who her friends are, who introduced her to it... Blablabla.

Ask if she actually knows what it'll do to you/what it CAN do to you, and if you know someone who was influenced by it when they were that age, get them to talk to her in a friendly-ish way.

Both of those could have already been mentioned, but the blackberry's browser is too slow, I skipped to the bottom :D

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2012, 03:58:02 AM »
Smoke her stuff in front of her and say, "Thanks!  when you gettin' more?"   :devil

This ^^^ combined with below, will certainly make it less fun.

Let her smoke weed on the condition that she has to do it at home. It isn't that big of a deal, if she smokes too much, she's probably gonna eat, sleep, or both. No big deal and its not like she can overdose on it. If you tell her not to, she might quit, she might not, or she might go and smoke the legal stuff (which causes seizures).

IMHO, be glad your daughter smokes pot, cause atleast when she does it with her friends, she'll be too lazy to do anything bad.

Now if you catch her drunk/drinking, lay down the iron fist of parenting and ground her till she's 30. THATS when bad things happen to good people.

After a few weeks of the above, show concern for how the obligatory munchies are affecting her waistline.  See if THAT does not change her 16 year old mind about using.   :devil
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2012, 05:00:12 AM »
I live presently in the Netherlands where this stuff is to all intents and purposes legal, yet I get the impression that a greater percentage of Americans smoke the 'urb than Dutch people do. Is it very popular over there?

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline 1pLUs44

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2012, 06:12:16 AM »
Rash would be correct. Also, 1pLUs44 would also be wrong, the "do whatever the hell you want" method would be the wrong approach to this situation.

I'm giving advice due to the fact that I've seen people get caught by their parents, get completely yelled at/severely disciplined, then either a) not quit b) get kicked out or c) all of the above. And I'm sure emotional trouble at home is really what a 16 year old high school girl needs right now, so if she's gonna smoke, let her do it where she can be safe doing it.

Offline NatCigg

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2012, 06:42:24 AM »
if you see her with a cigarette kick her butt!!!
pot is dull and wastefull for a child.  if she has better things in her life that she would rather do (dreams/goals) continue to guide her to them and open the doors for her.
If all she wants to do is smoke weed and hang out; entertain her with the possibilities of being a house wife, or even better a government housed social sapper.

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2012, 07:14:09 AM »
I live presently in the Netherlands where this stuff is to all intents and purposes legal, yet I get the impression that a greater percentage of Americans smoke the 'urb than Dutch people do. Is it very popular over there?

Yes indeed  :aok
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.