Author Topic: How do you approach a Spit?  (Read 8182 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: How do you approach a Spit?
« Reply #105 on: March 28, 2012, 05:28:27 PM »
Oh the fight went on and on. It wasnt like I was easy meat. But for the life of me I couldnt figure out why the 51 was able to climb with me. Now that I know I would do things different. The point is "knowing". It could have come down to a 3/4th tank of gas that I had, a 1/4th for him, and the fact he just just plain better then I and more knowledgeable.

It wont happen again I can tell you that.  No, instead I "kept him slow". Which is why it as so dang weird, even tho he bounced me from high and I never had an advantage i should have been able to wiggle out of it. Ive done it in Yaks against 51s and 47s but i couldnt do it at this alt with this 51. :frown:

there are some great 51 sticks that will surprise ya, I had one surprise me in my hurri2C, here I am very lazy merge figure he was just gonna run,  :rofl he reversed and was on my 6 quick....it took a few minutes of hard fighting and swearing to finally get behind him, and kill him, that guy knew how to push that 51 like no one else I have seen.....

if he bounced you from high good chance he was just conserving his E as much as possible.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #106 on: March 28, 2012, 05:36:44 PM »
there are some great 51 sticks that will surprise ya, I had one surprise me in my hurri2C, here I am very lazy merge figure he was just gonna run,  :rofl he reversed and was on my 6 quick....it took a few minutes of hard fighting and swearing to finally get behind him, and kill him, that guy knew how to push that 51 like no one else I have seen.....

if he bounced you from high good chance he was just conserving his E as much as possible.

BigR?

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #107 on: March 28, 2012, 05:37:52 PM »
no...think it was oldemon :headscratch:

although BigR is a great fight also.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2012, 05:26:30 PM »
wont work :D

the 51 needs to get the KI faster then that before it could use the Hi speed maneuverability advantage it has.

no smart KI driver  is gonna let that happen.

The 51 can pop 1 notch of flaps out at that speed and out turn the Ki.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »

and just a bit of maneuvering for the KI to avoid, while easily reversing back in....the 51 is not meant for that type of fighting, it is a BnZ expert that is what it is designed for.

anyone worth his salt in A KI will easily take out a 51 now of course the stick in the 51 if he is awesome in it, it may be more difficult, but the inevitable truth is, the 51 will die.

I am more then willing to test it :aok 

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2012, 06:10:08 PM »

This is not quite true,both planes would be above corner speed so both would be limited to a 6g turn!

Now if the 51 got the KI around 200 mph then it could use it's flaps to maybe get an advantage in turn because the Ki is still to fast to pop flaps but below corner speed so it would be limited in it's turn ability.

YMMV.

:salute

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2012, 11:33:15 PM »
I fly mostly F4U1D, and spits can be a pain to kill if he gets me by surprise or the fight tend to last.. The F4U loses energy pretty fast, and it takes a while to get it back so I need to get good angles and make my shots as early in the fight as possible vs the spit. But very often I end up in a full flaps hard turning fight with spits, because I burned my E trying to get a shot and then missed my shot. (I am a bad shot, and not that good hogdriver neither)
Then my next option is to go for the scissors, and I try to reverse and climb ontop of the spit while I do it so he burns his E trying to make the shot at me. Then if I am lucky he will end up directly under me so I can flip my rudder and get a snapshot at him as he passes under me.
I hate when a fight ends up in those everlasting flat turns on full flaps, rattling the stallhorn and shaking the plane.. Those I will lose eventually if the spit driver knows how to keep a steady plane and don't make a mistake so he straighten out his path.. So, then I'm back to the scissors again, to try make him make a mistake that I can take the advantage out of.. But if I know the spit pilot is Spacy, then I just bail and salute after the first merge..   :lol  :salute  :bolt:
TheStig

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2012, 12:47:45 PM »
and just a bit of maneuvering for the KI to avoid, while easily reversing back in....the 51 is not meant for that type of fighting, it is a BnZ expert that is what it is designed for.

anyone worth his salt in A KI will easily take out a 51 now of course the stick in the 51 if he is awesome in it, it may be more difficult, but the inevitable truth is, the 51 will die.

I am more then willing to test it :aok 

I know the Ki is a far better dogfighter, but the 51 sure can dance a little bit if flown right.

I would try a fight out 51 v. Ki I know I'll loose but worth a shot.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2012, 01:12:04 PM »
the 51 sure can dance a little bit if flown right.
Thats why I love fighting low and slow with it.  :)
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #114 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:52 PM »
The easiest way to approach a Spit is from behind, in the dark, at night when it's sleeping.  Just let the air out of the tires and drain the fuel tanks.  The thing is useless then and easily defeated.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2012, 05:05:42 PM »
I just had a bad experience earlier today.. I mean, it was fun but the outcome was bad for me..  It involved me vs 2 spit8's, fighting through the underbrush between the trees.. One spit ontop of me the whole time as they tumbled all over me, while I tried my best evasive moves.. Dang, I came in too low and let myself be pushed down further. That goes into the book of how to NOT approach a spit ..or in this case, two aggressively well flown spits..   :noid
TheStig

Offline clerick

• Silver Member
« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2012, 05:47:30 PM »
I usually walk up and start with a good opening line. 

"whats happenin' foxy mama? Are you a viking? Why, well, you look like you have a little Norwegian in you. No? Would you like to?"

and then I see how it goes from there.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2012, 06:34:15 PM »
I usually walk up and start with a good opening line. 

"whats happenin' foxy mama? Are you a viking? Why, well, you look like you have a little Norwegian in you. No? Would you like to?"

and then I see how it goes from there.

:rofl  I almost wish I was short and Norwegian so I could use that line.

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline SAJ73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2012, 07:29:29 PM »

:rofl
TheStig

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2012, 09:00:44 PM »

I have a line for men from Dublin, Ireland.  :D Although it'll be Skuzzified if I even begin to type it.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp