Author Topic: Collisions  (Read 12170 times)

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
Re: Collisions
« Reply #270 on: April 09, 2012, 01:32:26 PM »
Is my question I asked now repeatedly personal or loaded?
Probably ... I havn't looked ... If it wasn't, I'd have answered it.
As I recall (?) you asked a loaded question expecting a specific answer, so you could tear it up ... Or was it one of those JUST SAY YES OR NO types?
:eek:
I am my Ideal ! - You may now return to your petty bickering.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #271 on: April 09, 2012, 01:34:15 PM »
EVZ,

You are stating that if Player A's computer detects a collision of Player A's airplane with the representation of Player B's airplane on Player A's computer then Player B's airplane should take damage even though the image of Player A's airplane on Player B's computer never got closer than 150ft to Player B's airplane.

That is exactly what Skuzzy is laying out and you are objecting to it despite your repeated statements saying it is what you want.  Either you don't understand something or are flip flopping or you object to language being used to describe the system you want in other than favorable terms.

To be fair, I doubt very often a 150 yd miss will ever be a collision on either end.  They'd usually be in the range of 50 yds I imagine.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 09, 2012, 01:35:38 PM »
Probably ... I havn't looked ... If it wasn't, I'd have answered it.
As I recall (?) you asked a loaded question expecting a specific answer, so you could tear it up ... Or was it one of those JUST SAY YES OR NO types?
:eek:

How about just looking a few post up? The oen with the big picture in it. Showing a typical, unaltered, non- manipulated collision occurence.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #273 on: April 09, 2012, 01:38:33 PM »
I wouldn't necessarily say that's invalid, but I would note that it's a VERY limited perspective on the MUCH broader implications of having BOTH PLANES crash in the event of a Mid-Air. Limiting the perspective thus doesn't provide a true picture of the actual event (collision) ... or the process leading to it. Flying against players intentionally attempting to create and escape mid airs yields as much, if not MORE, "Control" over a victim's choices.  

I did not state a perspective.  I stated what you proposed.  If the statement is incorrect, feel free to correct it.

Right now, the "victim" can chose to avoid any attempts to collide.  With your proposal, that choice is removed.  If you understood how collisions work, you would understand that as well.

You've never heard (seen) ME say that either ... tho you've tried to get me to plenty of times. What you DO HEAR (on a regular basis) are a few brave souls who DARE to post their desire that BOTH PLANES CRASH after a mid air, and are subsequently called names and subjected to personal insults when they decline to be "RE-EDUCATED" ... like good little drones. We've witnessed one such attempt in this thread already ... and a couple of B & Z runs by guys smart enough to get well away from the ensuing insults.

Here is what you said.
Yes ... If my participation results in a collision that causes someone else to crash, I should crash too.

Here is what I said.
I have not heard anyone who would prefer their plane be damaged when they avoid a collision, regardless of what the other player does or does not do, except for you.

Stating you want both planes to go down due to collision already happens if both planes collide on their respective front ends.  It has always worked like that.  

As far as "re-educating" people, you may find people are more willing to support facts, rather than personal opinion. Your proposal is nothing but opinion.  Why should it carry any more weight than any other opinion?

I've answered at least several, if not many, questions about the current collision model. I have not answered personal or "loaded" questions intended to provide the asker with a "Selling Point." Unlike at least SOME of the participants in this thread, I am NOT playing a game or keeping "Score."
:angel:

My question is not about "score".  It is not a leading question.  It is a question about the topic at hand.  A very pertinent question. Your paranoia displays a lack of confidence in the topic which is fine, as long as you are not the one trying to get something changed.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 01:41:24 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #274 on: April 09, 2012, 01:47:03 PM »
To be fair, I doubt very often a 150 yd miss will ever be a collision on either end.  They'd usually be in the range of 50 yds I imagine.
That is why I said feet and not yards.  :p
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #275 on: April 09, 2012, 01:47:31 PM »
On one computer, the two aircraft missed.  On the other, the two aircraft hit.  You want the plane that didn't experience a collision to go down.
But you see it DID experience a Collision ... 2 pilots, 2 airplanes, check the serial #s ... The results on ONE computer (my way) determine the outcome on BOTH ... Just like when you shoot a plane down. SO simple, SO consistant ...
:D

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #276 on: April 09, 2012, 01:48:48 PM »
But you see it DID experience a Collision ... 2 pilots, 2 airplanes, check the serial #s ... The results on ONE computer (my way) determine the outcome on BOTH ... Just like when you shoot a plane down. SO simple, SO consistant ...

SO invisible to the other end.  SO frustrating for the pilot who didn't actually hit anything.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #277 on: April 09, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »
That is why I said feet and not yards.  :p

Doh!  :aok

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #278 on: April 09, 2012, 01:55:14 PM »

It would not be consistent. If you want it to be 100% consistent with what you ask, bullets fired by one player would do damage in 2 different places. So you would see your bullets completely miss the airplane, but still damage the other plane.

HiTech

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #279 on: April 09, 2012, 01:56:02 PM »
2 pilots, 2 airplanes

nope. have another go.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline lengro

• Silver Member
« Reply #280 on: April 09, 2012, 02:01:28 PM »

:aok
"When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk!" Tuco - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #281 on: April 09, 2012, 02:01:53 PM »
 :lol
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline EVZ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #282 on: April 09, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
As far as "re-educating" people, you may find people are more willing to support facts, rather than personal opinion. Your proposal is nothing but opinion.  Why should it carry any more weight than any other opinion?
Have I suggested that it should ??? There are no facts, because it hasn't been tried. I'd think this was kind of obvious?

My question is not about "score".  It is not a leading question.  Your paranoia displays a lack of confidence
My Paranoia ... Right ... No one HERE is "out to get me" ... are they ... ? Your "question(s), as any debate student will tell you, is loaded to: establish domination, crush argument, force the topic into YOUR context and produce a WIN ... No intelligent person, with an opposed point of view is going to answer directly. I think my understanding of the current collision model has been ably demonstrated ... and yet you persist.
:cool:

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #283 on: April 09, 2012, 02:12:50 PM »
I think my understanding of the current collision model has been ably demonstrated

now that is something we agree on.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #284 on: April 09, 2012, 02:16:02 PM »
now that is something we agree on.

:rofl

It would not be consistent. If you want it to be 100% consistent with what you ask, bullets fired by one player would do damage in 2 different places. So you would see your bullets completely miss the airplane, but still damage the other plane.

HiTech

WooHoo!  I want this.  My bullets seem to miss most of the time.  I would like to have them do damage anyhow  :rock

Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.