Author Topic: Bf-109 Training?  (Read 5622 times)

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Bf-109 Training?
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2012, 07:03:07 PM »
Nothing to see here, Im just a typical 109k4 noob  :banana:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline hawkeye61

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2012, 09:59:44 PM »
Thanks again for the help Morfiend. The training was very worthwhile. Perhaps you're right about the plane specific training - not too much special about the 109, but you helped me clean up my merge a bit which went a long way. Probably need to tighten up the basic tactics a bit and the plane specifics should fall into place after that.
They leave this ship and they do their job. Then they must find this speck lost somewhere on the sea. When they find it they have to land on it's pitching deck.
Where do we get such men?

Hurricane Mk I: Scourge of the Storch

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2012, 10:41:07 AM »
hawkeye61 ,

"not too much special about the 109", not entirely true.  One thing the 109 is great at teaching someone, and that is throttle control.  Master the throttle in a 109, and the throttle work in the rest of the planeset is much easier. 

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 11:53:51 AM »
hawkeye61 ,

"not too much special about the 109", not entirely true.  One thing the 109 is great at teaching someone, and that is throttle control.  Master the throttle in a 109, and the throttle work in the rest of the planeset is much easier. 

BigRat
Very good point!  :aok
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Raphael

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 11:59:29 AM »
Don't ignore the E model, it flies by itself, Even a non skilled dweeb like myself gets some kills in it.
Remember 08/08/2012
 Youtube videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/raphael103/featured
Game ID => Raphael
XO of Jg5

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2012, 12:27:13 PM »
Thanks again for the help Morfiend. The training was very worthwhile. Perhaps you're right about the plane specific training - not too much special about the 109, but you helped me clean up my merge a bit which went a long way. Probably need to tighten up the basic tactics a bit and the plane specifics should fall into place after that.

Are you serious? The 109 is one of the most unique planes in the game, especially the later models. When someone asks how a 109 flys, there isn't any comparison to other aircraft that really captures the essence of what you're talking about.

109's fly like 109's, and really require their own flying style.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2012, 01:12:13 PM »

Are you serious? The 109 is one of the most unique planes in the game, especially the later models. When someone asks how a 109 flys, there isn't any comparison to other aircraft that really captures the essence of what you're talking about.

109's fly like 109's, and really require their own flying style.
Same goes for every other plane genius.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: May 05, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »
To a lesser degree, yes. But then I would have said the same if he had said that theres 'not much special about the P-51', or 'not much special about the C205'.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2012, 02:20:07 PM »
L*** W****e!

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2012, 07:07:44 PM »
Same goes for every other plane genius.

Exactly, most players forget "Oh the spitfire only does circles" - if you look at other attributes every aircraft is unique in its own sense, no two planes come closely alike. Even the age old Spit 1 vs 109E argument isn't valid as the 109E could dive and the Spit 1 couldn't.

JG 52

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2012, 11:56:15 PM »
hawkeye61 ,

BigRat

Several of you missed the point,Hawkeye and I didnt spend much time on anything to do with the 109's. Yes there are several things I could have shown him specific to the 109's but I thought it would be more useful to work on merging and a few simple reversals/defencive moves.

I'm sure he understands that each and every plane is slightly different but that doesnt mean much when you havent got the basics down.Once he has some practice with that,then I'd move on to plane specific work.

Unfortunately this takes more than 1 session and I dont like to spend more than an hour at a time because it's too much to process and after an hour I'm about wore out!

I think this is a case of reading into things too much,both Hawkeye and I know what we covered and it had little to do with 109's in particular.

PS: wasnt pointing you out BR,just the first of a couple posts that went astray

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2012, 09:46:31 AM »
To a lesser degree, yes. But then I would have said the same if he had said that theres 'not much special about the P-51', or 'not much special about the C205'.
How can you say "to a lesser degree"? Every airplane fly differently from another!! 109 is no more different than anyother plane ingame.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2012, 10:33:33 AM »
Shh ladies... Joachim is right in this question.
Fly a ki84, very close to the 109, except flap speeds. Turnfight in an M-jug, or a light D model, the feeling will be close enough to a 109. 190 models, spit16, all can do the same moves as a 109.
I would say, if you would like to pick the most unique plane in AH, that would be the P38.

Btw i wouldnt mind some training...  if youre better than me, i can learn from you, and vice versa...  nothing to lose  :cheers:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 10:35:07 AM by Debrody »
AoM
City of ice

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2012, 04:19:19 PM »
How can you say "to a lesser degree"? Every airplane fly differently from another!! 109 is no more different than anyother plane ingame.

P-47 and Typhoon fly more like eachother than the 109 flys like the 190. The 109 isn't really comparable to anything else, you can't say 'it flys like a turnier 190'. That just doesn't work. But the Typhoon can fairly reasonably be compared to a slightly faster, but poorer diving and quirker P-47.

By this I mean that the P-47 and Tyhpoon are both energy fighters. Neither really will want to play the turning game, and both are going to employ simmilar tactics.

But the 109 and 190, while both able to play the E-game, are more different. The 109 is rather limited in its diving, and is much more able to mix things up. The two will use different tactics for the same situation.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 04:39:33 PM by Tank-Ace »

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2012, 05:52:57 PM »
P-47 and Typhoon fly more like eachother than the 109 flys like the 190.
no complete different torque.
  The 109 isn't really comparable to anything else, you can't say 'it flys like a turnier 190'. That just doesn't work.
you can't say a p51 is a spit8 that turns worse.

By this I mean that the P-47 and Tyhpoon are both energy fighters. Neither really will want to play the turning game.
p47's can turn fairly well! Can't just dump your speed down below 200
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3