Author Topic: P-47d40 vs. P-47d25  (Read 16038 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Re: P-47d40 vs. P-47d25
« Reply #45 on: May 07, 2012, 12:22:56 PM »
That was my point ,, kinda,,, bring a KI  the the jugs arena and see what  happens,,
Why does the jug have to fight the KI's fight?
You still cant get it?

Why would a decent 109 pilot turn with a spit?
Couse they think they good enough to win a turnfight despite the differences between the planes.
Couse beating a better turning plane in a brickyer makes them smile.
Couse they arent score whures and enjoying some turny action.

Becouse turning is fun and picknrunning is lame.
AoM
City of ice

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: May 07, 2012, 12:40:20 PM »
Lol.  I understand it!  I'm just saying that people are comparing apples to oranges here,
I love out turning a spit in my jug or taking out a niki, but in order to do that in a jug, you have to take it out of its element!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: May 07, 2012, 12:56:37 PM »
Lol.  I understand it!  I'm just saying that people are comparing apples to oranges here,
I love out turning a spit in my jug or taking out a niki, but in order to do that in a jug, you have to take it out of its element!
80% of the time you'll find me out of its element. More fun that way. And the reason I die a lot.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2012, 02:47:13 PM »
True but why would any decent jug pilot want to try and turn with a KI in the first place?
The KI has a specific place it needs to be to fight and a specific way to fight it to its highest potential,
The jug has its best fight in a different place!   Two equal pilots, flying there planes "in their envolope" jug v KI FLAWLESSLY   Which plane wins?   I'd vote jug!

the KI will win pretty much every time...I know I have beat the best there is in a jug,on more then one occasion(even though I am one of the worst shots in game and a mediocre pilot) ,..... the only thing a JUG can do against the KI is run, get as much separation as possible, and come back and engage when the KI is fighting his friends....

even if the JUG has massive speed advantage, the KI if drivin properly will avoid the attacking BnZ passes eventually gain enough E to climb with the JUG and take him out....

two planes that are awesome in different aspects....say the 51 against the Hurri2C...one is a BnZ expert one is a Turn and burn expert....if flown by experts in both...will end in a stale mate....the KI has much more then just turning ability, the only thing it lacks is hi speed diving.....the P47 falls short of the KI for its only advantage is the Hi speed dive....while the KI is better at everything else that dictates a fight

I know you P47 fans don't want to hear it or admit it, but the KI is a much better plane for fighting....the Jug is better at attacking stationary targets and escaping.

Offline Seadog36

• Nickel Member
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2012, 04:40:23 PM »
Everyone knows Razorback Jugs are the best looking planes out there~ Bring on the P-47D-23 uber Razorback!

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2012, 05:39:21 PM »
My only problem with the Razorbacks is you can't see jack crap out of it - I believe the 109s have a better view!
JG 52

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 07, 2012, 06:07:45 PM »
Some have a very limited definition of "fighting"...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: May 07, 2012, 06:27:45 PM »
the KI will win pretty much every time...I know I have beat the best there is in a jug,on more then one occasion(even though I am one of the worst shots in game and a mediocre pilot) ,..... the only thing a JUG can do against the KI is run, get as much separation as possible, and come back and engage when the KI is fighting his friends....

even if the JUG has massive speed advantage, the KI if drivin properly will avoid the attacking BnZ passes eventually gain enough E to climb with the JUG and take him out....

two planes that are awesome in different aspects....say the 51 against the Hurri2C...one is a BnZ expert one is a Turn and burn expert....if flown by experts in both...will end in a stale mate....the KI has much more then just turning ability, the only thing it lacks is hi speed diving.....the P47 falls short of the KI for its only advantage is the Hi speed dive....while the KI is better at everything else that dictates a fight

I know you P47 fans don't want to hear it or admit it, but the KI is a much better plane for fighting....the Jug is better at attacking stationary targets and escaping.

Ink, go up to 30,000 feet where the P-47 was designed to fight and the Ki-84 is nearly helpless. Any P-47 will completely dominate the Ki-84 up there, with relative ease. The P-47 is a high altitude fighter, almost without peer. Down on the deck, it's out of its element, just as the Ki-84 is up in the stratosphere...
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2012, 06:30:26 PM »
Ink, go up to 30,000 feet where the P-47 was designed to fight and the Ki-84 is nearly helpless. Any P-47 will completely dominate the Ki-84 up there, with relative ease. The P-47 is a high altitude fighter, almost without peer. Down on the deck, it's out of its element, just as the Ki-84 is up in the stratosphere...

Thus was one reason the P-47 dominated the European theater - squadrons like the 56FG operated at 30,000ft routinely.
JG 52

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2012, 06:35:08 PM »
That is true, but of very limited use in the AH MA.  There simply isn't enough purpose to pull the fights up high in the MAs.  Every time I have used a high altitude fighter (Spitfire Mk XIV and P-47N) I am unable to have a fight that stays at altitude.  If I do encounter somebody up there, or pull them up there as I once did to an La-7 when I was in a Spitfire Mk XIV, they immediately head for the deck the moment the fight turns against them.

Despite that, I still want a Mosquito NF.30 so that I can play up there in my preferred fighter.  The Mk VI gets really unhappy much above 20,000ft.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: May 07, 2012, 06:46:58 PM »

I'm going to talk about the M and N models
 I would say that your a better than average pilot  by a long way  and no doubt you could kill me in my M jug if you can catch me but I'm not planning on being in a spot where that will happen!  If I am stupid enough to get slow near you I deserve to be shot down,,
 the jug "M" shines in its speed, in its dive,  its roll rate and in its firepower.
The KI has a slight advantage of speed at 10   to 12 k without wep  and that is it!  with wep the "M"  drives away, but  the jug must maintain a good "E" state at all times for this to work, the KI accelerates a lot faster than the jug unless you nose it over or if you are going around 250 or faster at the start.  the KI has a climb advantage to about  17K then the jug pulls ahead.
http://gonzoville.com/ahcharts/index.php

so if I were to see a KI I would prefer to engage him above 17K, or even better, around 25K I might dive down to 13 K on to BnZ but that is what the plane is good at.
I don't understand why people think a pilot should fly the plane "Out of its element"  but I do understand that the game doesn't really have a need for 25K fights and they are rare!
 If you like to fly jugs and want to land some kills you better learn how to fly it "In its element" until you become proficient enough to tell another pilots skill level,, I am not all that great at turn fighting and have no doubt you could probably kill me above or below 17K  but I would at least want the fight to be there or above just  to give me a fighting chance!
 as for the other jugs,,   don't mess with the KI under 25K unless you want to see the tower really soon,  it only has its dive and roll to help  and lots of cannon, if your lucky enough to get one in front of you  for  some reason.
 I like to fly the Jug  even tho it isn't the best plane in the game and I love to dogfight one v one almost anything while in it, but as long as there are more than one enemy, or the enemy has alt advantage, I will use the bird in what ever way will leave me on top,, and that means running or diving,  those are the strengths of the plane, my comment about only an idiot would try to turn fight the KI wasn't really an insult so much as a warning, do as you must, and gain that glory if you get the kill but be aware you are already at a huge disadvantage by being in the jug, slow, turning and falling  from the sky slowly to your doom, hope you have enough alt, once you realize the mistake you have made to point the nose strait  down and go like heck, or just be happy you got the chance to fight and relish the     wins you get!!

Flying since tour 71.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: May 07, 2012, 06:51:44 PM »

this may be true but fights in AH don't happen up there. :D

I am talking typical MA fight ALT's 15k to deck. (I guess I should have said that :o)

do you agree with what I said adding that?

Some have a very limited definition of "fighting"...

attacking a plane with 3 or more cons is not fighting, except for the 1 con.....
running to field ack and letting them kill your nme is not fighting....
putting your nose to the deck and running as fast as possible is not fighting...
running when you lose advantage only to attack the same guy you just ran from when he is engaged with others is not fighting....

I guess you are correct my definition of fighting is limited.

attacking all nme no matter how many there are, at anytime, any advantage, or disadvantage.

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: May 07, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »
Is there a lack of worthy JUGglers at the moment?

Sounds like some folks need a few lessons in JUGgling  :aok

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:59 PM »

JUGgler

don't come back....I don't want you to feel bad about getting whopped by some Japanese plane :D

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2012, 07:41:10 PM »

JUGgler
JUGG's  used to fly together a good bit,, and should again!!!!   a group of Jug's is hard to beat!
Flying since tour 71.