Author Topic: 11.81@121mph  (Read 3191 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Re: 11.81@121mph
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2012, 12:14:06 AM »
Best mustang built. 302 boss, runs with the ZL1 all day and it's 100hp less horse power than the zl1.

(I forgot to mention its naturally aspirated too!)

FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2012, 12:21:42 AM »
boss don't run with the zl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »
On a root blower like the GT500 ... Our on a blower period? Because my friend zo6 has a centrifugal Vortec blower and he has a waste gate. He also has a knob that allows to change the amount of boost.

If you have a blower, and you loose boost/perf with altitude, then it's a piss poor design that doesn't take into account the advantages of force induction over NA. :headscratch: Install your pulley that can actually give you 10 psi at max rpm and regulate the blow off valve to give you your 8 psi max. So when you drag race in Denver you still have your 8 psi. Now that would make sense to me. :)
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:49 AM »
On a root blower like the GT500 ... Our on a blower period? Because my friend zo6 has a centrifugal Vortec blower and he has a waste gate. He also has a knob that allows to change the amount of boost.

If you have a blower, and you loose boost/perf with altitude, then it's a piss poor design that doesn't take into account the advantages of force induction over NA. :headscratch: Install your pulley that can actually give you 10 psi at max rpm and regulate the blow off valve to give you your 8 psi max. So when you drag race in Denver you still have your 8 psi. Now that would make sense to me. :)
centrifugal....like a paxton? those boost before the throttle body.

the tvs style like the zl's and the shelbys use boost after the throttle body. the air they get comes through the throttle body first....whatever they compress is goin in the engine.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2012, 07:34:52 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE4AH4DZtEI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

i like the mustang better....but the camaro beats the boss here......

On the road course, the Camaro was 2.4 seconds a lap quicker and almost 10 mph faster at the end of the back straight. Roughly 4 of those mph were courtesy of higher cornering speed carried out of the previous turn.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1203_2012_chevrolet_camaro_zl1_vs_2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_laguna_seca/viewall.html#ixzz1vJntcx6X
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2012, 08:54:34 AM »

There's + and -'s with blower designs.  Centrifigal has the advanatage of greater boost potential and control due to a wastegate, so you can actually spin it up for more boost then you actually need and the excess can be vented.  It's drawback is that it's not as instantaneous boost as a positive displacement, and requires a lot more piping and engine compartment space.  For all practical purposes it's a belt driven turbocharger.  Positive displacement blowers are boost controlled over their pulley size, and all of them have an efficiency range (eg. spinning them beyond a certain point doesn't get you much except heat).  So you can't set it to give you 10psi boost in Denver and then drive to Louisiana and it still only have 10psi of boost, will be quite a bit more.  The opposite true in the other direction.  You would have to pulley up or down to keep the boost consistent in a positive displacement, keeping in mind the blowers operating RPM range.  One other reason you tend to see positive's at lower boost levels is becouse of the difficulty of intercooling them effectively.  Since Boost is built right on top of the engine you only have so much room to cool off the boosted air in.  While a centrifigal can run huge intercoolers and lots of piping to help cool the air in, since boost is built well before the engine.  Given this, you may thing why would anyone want a positive over a centrifigal?  two main reasons and why the OE tends to stick with them.  They tend to be a smaller package with less piping and engine space taken, and secondly boost is pretty much instant.  They make brutal torque down low, which makes them fun around town. If you want to make big power, centrifigal is the way to go.  Almost every boosted car I see over 600 RWHP (that's over 700 engine) is either running a centrifigal or turbo, in large part due to intercooling issues on the positives.  Can't run big boost numbers with high intake air temps or your engine isn't long for this world.  At 533RWHP my PD blower engine ran into the intake air heat issue and timing had to be kept very timid.  So I'm leaving a lot on the table due to heat that I wouldn't have to with a centrifigal with a large intercooler.  The alcohol injection helped quite a bit later on when I added it last year, but even then I have to add the alky before the blower so I can't inject too much.  I just wanted to get over that 550 mark anyway with my stock bottom end :uhoh

:salute
BigRat   
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline SFRT - Frenchy

• Platinum Member
      • http://home.CFL.rr.com/rauns/menu.htm
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2012, 12:45:25 PM »
Cap and mostly Rat, thx makes perfect sense now  :cheers:
Dat jugs bro.

Terror flieger since 1941.
------------------------

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2012, 12:51:07 PM »
just an fyi....that wasn't a supersnake. at least it didn't look/sound like one.

Uploaded in 09 .... no relevance.
See Rule #4

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2012, 12:52:41 PM »
i like the mustang better....but the camaro beats the boss here......

On the road course, the Camaro was 2.4 seconds a lap quicker and almost 10 mph faster at the end of the back straight. Roughly 4 of those mph were courtesy of higher cornering speed carried out of the previous turn.

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1203_2012_chevrolet_camaro_zl1_vs_2012_ford_mustang_boss_302_laguna_seca/viewall.html#ixzz1vJntcx6X

True, but the camaro is supercharged and puts alot more power to the wheels over the mustang. For the boss to still be just behind it is incredible. IMO.
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2012, 12:59:33 PM »
True, but the camaro is supercharged and puts alot more power to the wheels over the mustang. For the boss to still be just behind it is incredible. IMO.

2 seconds on that course is pretty far. the shelby on the other hand, i feel will grip a lot better than anyone expects it to, and will pummel the zl..........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2012, 01:00:16 PM »
Uploaded in 09 .... no relevance.

ya know? i didn't even look at the date........ :bhead
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2012, 01:12:47 PM »
ya know? i didn't even look at the date........ :bhead
That is just what they were hoping for.
See Rule #4

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2012, 03:53:15 PM »
anyone remember this? 

Not so fast, says Camaro Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser (above). Speaking with Autoblog at an Arizona drive event for the Camaro ZL1, Oppenheiser told us, "We've done simulations. We predict that the ZL1 will be quicker to 60 than the [2013] GT500..

guess ford's 1 for 1 right now.......next will be the 'ring....then the road courses.....

kind of crappy videos......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyGoP2eYC0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBUksFviRs&feature=relmfu

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
anyone remember this? 

Not so fast, says Camaro Chief Engineer Al Oppenheiser (above). Speaking with Autoblog at an Arizona drive event for the Camaro ZL1, Oppenheiser told us, "We've done simulations. We predict that the ZL1 will be quicker to 60 than the [2013] GT500..

guess ford's 1 for 1 right now.......next will be the 'ring....then the road courses.....

kind of crappy videos......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqyGoP2eYC0&feature=player_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBUksFviRs&feature=relmfu

"Predictions"?    :rofl :rofl :rofl
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC