Author Topic: Oscar  (Read 4060 times)

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Oscar
« on: May 19, 2012, 06:54:37 AM »
Been waiting for many years....please bring us a Ki43.

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
Re: Oscar
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 04:39:46 PM »
I think we have another oscar thread.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 05:04:12 PM »
I think we have another oscar thread.

Nah,it's a Ki43 thread....... :D

:salute

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 12:21:05 AM »
It will be hangar queen although I want to see it too.
Ki-84-I-Otsu, Ki-44-II-Hei, Ki-100-I, J2M3 or Ki-61-II-KAI would be useful for Main Arena.  :)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 12:31:45 AM »
Or even better yet, we could get something thats actually good, like some more SdKfz 251 variants, or a Panzer III.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 12:43:12 AM »
Or even better yet, we could get something thats actually good, like some more SdKfz 251 variants, or a Panzer III.

But they dont fly!    I prefer Mitsu's list!

:salute

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2012, 01:17:38 AM »
This is Tank-Ace, sitting on the right:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cVlTeIATBs
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 08:15:33 AM »
Neither of those will see any use in the MA or in scenarios.  The Ki-43, depending on version, would see use in both.

Stop tilting at windmills.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 09:59:35 AM »
Ki-43 is waaaay overdue. We have Snapshots, FSO, Scenarios and AvA where it will get quite a workout. Why not expand the plane sets for other than the MA? They have all the latewar planes they need.

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 10:25:26 AM »
Neither of those will see any use in the MA or in scenarios.  The Ki-43, depending on version, would see use in both.

Stop tilting at windmills.

I'd REALLY have to argue that, especially with the SdKfz, if we got the 251/22 variant.

Depending on the model of Panzer III we got, it could fight the Panzer IV F on largely even terms out to about 1000yds.

As for the SdKfz 251, picture slower M3, but with a good gun instead of that crappy model 1897 cannon. Arguably, it would see more MA use than the Panzer IV F. Why? Because its survivablity lies in its size, and speed, rather than in armor that doesn't protect you from the majority of incoming rounds.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2012, 10:46:49 AM »
or we can stop being a "japan aircraft sucks" person.
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »

I'd REALLY have to argue that, especially with the SdKfz, if we got the 251/22 variant.

Depending on the model of Panzer III we got, it could fight the Panzer IV F on largely even terms out to about 1000yds.

As for the SdKfz 251, picture slower M3, but with a good gun instead of that crappy model 1897 cannon. Arguably, it would see more MA use than the Panzer IV F. Why? Because its survivablity lies in its size, and speed, rather than in armor that doesn't protect you from the majority of incoming rounds.
Being competitive with the Panzer IV F and M3 with the 1987 cannon is not a strong data point to argue that they would be used in significant numbers.  There are many things that would be used in numbers significantly over the Ki-43's likely usage, but you picked things that are not likely on that list.

We get that you don't care for anything that isn't German, particularly tanks, but you really need to stop trying to derail any thread about one of the more significant aircraft from WWII with this stuff.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2012, 10:54:07 AM »
Hey, I can come up with several reasons to add the Ki-43 ahead of the Panzer III or SdKfz 251/22. I'm just not going to share them, because its not in my interest to help out the Ki-43.

And I never said japanese aircraft suck. The Ki-84 is one of the most dangerous opponents in the game. I'm just questioning the overall value of the Ki-43. Outside of a couple of scenarios and a niche role in the MA, it will be valueless by and large.

@ Karnak,

The Panzer IV F recieves sizable usage. If the Panzer III can fight it on even terms, or even come away with a slight advantage (no idea how ROF will play into it), then it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that a fair number of Panzer III's would begin showing up in the MA's.

And I wasn't saying it would compare favorably to the 1897 (although it would do that. Infact, it would be equal to or comare favorably with all but 4 cannons in the game right now), I'm just using the M3 as an illustration. The 251/22 would give us good moblity, a small hard to see profile, and a powerfull cannon all at no perk cost. For a perk-free defensive vehicle, this would be very hard to beat.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:58:37 AM by Tank-Ace »

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2012, 10:54:15 AM »

Rarely do you even see an m3(75) - 251/22 won't be any different - doesn't matter how good the gun is it won't survive in the MA unless you are camping a spawn - same with the Panzer 3 (doesn't matter what variant you choose).
Panzer4 F will outlive both and even if its ENY gets downgraded people will rather take the 4F over any Panzer III.

Rarely do you see a M4-75 unless someones blowing up town, I would argue the Puma is the only viable option - 50mm L/60 cannon with high speed would be more useful then an M8 but would not over take the M18 in terms of use.

JG 52

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2012, 02:10:20 PM »
I'm just questioning the overall value of the Ki-43. Outside of a couple of scenarios and a niche role in the MA, it will be valueless by and large.

While I understand what you are saying, I have to disagree, because this game is a lot more than the LWMA. We have to 3 to 4 events each week where this plane will often play a significant role.

We also have a 24/7 arena in AvA where it will see a lot of use.