Author Topic: Elitism  (Read 9110 times)

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Re: Elitism
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2012, 04:30:35 PM »
And who knew Oldman worshipped the Prince of Darkness? I didn't see that one coming.

Apparently you are not very observant. I have suspected him for years.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2012, 05:39:22 PM »
Apparently you are not very observant. I have suspected him for years.
But he seems so nice. :(

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2012, 06:14:54 PM »
Bustr,

Knowing Oldman rather well, I would have to say that he, himself does not proclaim this title, however it may have been red flagged upon him by another (if that is so, then folks are entitled to opinions).

The facts are that Oldman IS a very humble person who enjoys the same :joystick: things :airplane: as most of us playing this game surrounding WW2 aircraft.  Having said that, I do believe that it is part of our social conscious that instinctively inspires us to achieve better than average performance.

Your point is taken about the word elite, but possibly it, as well as, other words like progressive or conservative have been given stereotypes that have been used to red flag arguments.  I just find very positive conotations in each of those words.

Chilli,

I've known Oldman off and on for years. He is always an example of a gentelman and good sportsmanship.

Trying to salvage the oldest and correct usage of a word thats been hijacked and gooberfied by dorks in a kids game dominated by narcasists only derserves corndogs thrown at it. It's time to change the language and make this everyone's game.

Watch....from this point on the dorks will put on a fine show of garbage trolling to defend their whining and ownership of the of the terms of the forum's language. They will be easy to spot. It won't be the players who cause the dorks to whine becasue of using the "Samual Colt" equaliser manuver.

Pull up a lawn chair and a bucket of corn dogs.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2012, 06:30:00 PM »
But he seems so nice. :(

Exactly, it is not normal.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline TheAssi

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2012, 06:33:00 PM »
I think this settles it...

Offline Ciaphas

• Silver Member
      • DethKlokDave
« Reply #50 on: June 02, 2012, 06:40:09 PM »
Pull up a lawn chair and a bucket of corn dogs.

corn dogs are good beer food, can't waste food....

Save a corn dog and throw ping-pong balls instead!    :aok
10.(Jabo)/JG 26 Nuisance Raids Scenario

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: June 02, 2012, 06:43:01 PM »
I think this settles it...

(Image removed from quote.)
Careful, bustr is going to bombard you with talking points and catch phrases.

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 02, 2012, 06:52:53 PM »
Elitisim in this game is more a need to project an image of being elite to those they consider to be not elite. this means who you hang with and your attitude, its all a load of balls, like talking a good fight and the communitys perception of them, on the bbs and in game. Quite a few of the elite could not fight their way out of a wet paper bag!! :-)

Some of what I regard as elite over the years are no namers I met in the ta or mw by no namers I mean not someone who is generally known by having a crowd of flunkys posting 24 7 on the bbs :-)  they dont need or want a group of grown men talking about how good they are they already know that...lol

Offline dedhero

• Zinc Member
« Reply #53 on: June 02, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
-isms are bad.

I used to play Elite, never Elite II though, never got it to work; by III do you mean Frontier- First Encounters? (wait... am I being elitist now?) Now I play Oolite  :joystick:
"Wind hoots through the trouser
but the shoe is already wetting.
Olè, olè!" - lulu

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #54 on: June 02, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »
Yawn........... :noid
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2012, 10:03:41 PM »
Trying to salvage the oldest and correct usage of a word thats been hijacked and gooberfied by dorks in a kids game dominated by narcasists only derserves corndogs thrown at it.

So I see.  Good thing I like corndogs, I'm standing in a pile of them now.  Well, I'm the one who started the thread.

- oldman (off to draw a few pentagrams)

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2012, 10:32:30 PM »

So I see.  Good thing I like corndogs, I'm standing in a pile of them now.  Well, I'm the one who started the thread.

- oldman (off to draw a few pentagrams)
Oh go damn some souls or something.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2012, 10:37:10 PM »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2012, 11:34:43 PM »
M-kay!
(Image removed from quote.)

You won the Picture-post of the month award.
You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: June 05, 2012, 09:53:19 AM »
ever notice how the truly best players in the game dont have to keep telling everybody how good they are?

semp

:aok  :salute
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.