Author Topic: Favorite Aces High memories?  (Read 8395 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Favorite Aces High memories?
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2012, 02:33:37 PM »
Flying with Brits or German or Aussies is always immersive.

Lots of good fights over the years....... oh and tall trees.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2012, 03:56:39 PM »
When me and Skyrock joined the same week flying around with out a clue what we were doing with the 327th trying to help
I remember well :rofl Skyrock was a numbers guy (03 something), all he would do was try to bomb. He stayed in
327th learned a bit, then disappeared. He came back a few months later as Skyrock. I think he was spending his life in the TA
to strictly learn fighters

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2012, 04:01:39 PM »
Like everyone else I have plenty of good, and very few bad, memories.  One sticks out in my mind.  We had a desert setup in AvA (and probably this was back when it was still called Combat Theater).  One evening a new squad of people came in from the MA and upped a P-40E mission to attack our base.  I was wandering around in my 202, quite low, when this swarm of P-40 locusts appeared.  I don't believe they had flown the P-40 much, if at all.  The resulting melee was reminiscent of the old Popeye cartoons, where someone is running around in a thunderstorm with lightning bolts crashing all around him.  I may have actually shot down one or two of them, but I got credit for seven, the most I've ever acquired on a mission.

I don't believe I ever saw any of those guys again.

- oldman

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
When I landed my first ever sortie here, my name showed up in the buffer immediately followed by "uh oh" from someone who recognized the handle from other sims.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2012, 05:18:00 PM »
I remember well :rofl Skyrock was a numbers guy (03 something), all he would do was try to bomb. He stayed in
327th learned a bit, then disappeared. He came back a few months later as Skyrock. I think he was spending his life in the TA

031598 I seem to remember  :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2012, 07:53:05 AM »
 :rofl You got it :aok How did you remember? Look it up?

Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2012, 08:39:15 AM »
"Welcome to sunny stalingrad" in rememberance of Deckard8! One of the funniest guy ever meet in AH!

"Lube and Shame Affair" when gunhog was smoke24 and trogdor got his first wet pants ....

First time i logged in at the old No Icons AVA! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrNCmPna3ZQ&list=UUS_alIt0PElL5PqF1yqZiYg&index=6&feature=plcp

The first SDL matches, amazing adrenaline push during the first battles

My first SEC design Arctic battles http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtY4QQ6Hw8M&list=UUS_alIt0PElL5PqF1yqZiYg&index=7&feature=plcp
where i tried to reach the artic cold colors, iand i nealry ended zup into an lsd trip  :D  ;)

Also two sad memories, twice flown a complete missing men formation, back in 2008 for bengel, last year the missing man for ragge, an unforgotten good mate from sweden! SALUTE

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: June 20, 2012, 08:53:30 AM »

Yeah Oz , I remember when he came back it was a big difference in his fighting skills , like night and day . I think that was about the same time I quit . I just had to many irons in the fire at the time .
I sure miss Eagle , he was the best at droping eggs and he was the real deal .
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:57:57 AM by Flench »
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 20, 2012, 12:15:39 PM »
:rofl You got it :aok How did you remember? Look it up?

nah i just remember thing quite well and i saw that tag many times
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2012, 12:41:39 PM »
Pulling a Richard Candelaria in a La-7 vs a P38 and tearing him to shredds mid spin :ahand
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline TylerMac

• Zinc Member
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »
Falcon23 taking me under his wing after a mission and introducing me to the squad based aspect of Aces High.  Good times...  :cheers:
Card carrying member of Flak's Lawn Dart Club

***Alchemists***

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: June 20, 2012, 01:27:18 PM »
Pulling a Richard Candelaria in a La-7 vs a P38 and tearing him to shredds mid spin :ahand

:O http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdCm5z2RpI8

:aok :salute

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: June 20, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »

How soon afterward did the PMs and/or ch 200 cheater calls start going out?

Wish you had that on film, sir...  :salute
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2012, 05:15:54 PM »

He was 031598 if my memory serves me correct.   Myself and a few others indeed spent some TA/DA time and watching him fly was pretty cool.   One thing about Mark was that he understood the mechanics of flight.   I just wish he would have dialed down the banter a couple of notches.   I always got along with Mark.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC