Author Topic: New staged missions.  (Read 11562 times)

Offline Tank-Ace

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: New staged missions.
« Reply #105 on: June 20, 2012, 03:29:40 PM »
Artificial Intelligence.

Wow, you really are a bit grumpy lately.

Although I probably should have expanded that question.

Will it fly around or above each individual mountian or terrain irregularity, and then return to your origional altitude and heading? will it leave you hanging at 23,000ft and flying south, when you wanted to be at 10,000ft flying NNW? Will it circle around the point you were at when you discoed?

You started this thread and it was obviously about your want and desire in spite of your use of 'we' and Google.

"Once more unto the breach"

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #106 on: June 20, 2012, 04:09:55 PM »
Btw I don't believe most understand that the mission system has nothing to do with the current online mission system. That does not change.

The staged mission system is the current offline mission system that we wrote for TOD.

With the next release people will be able to upload mission in the same manner as terrains.
These missions can then be played in the custom host arenas, or the special events arenas. (all arenas are capable but CM privileges are needed to load one.) The AI fills the mission spots that players do not .

So it would be possible to have a missions where most bombers are flown by AI in a scenario.

Since AI is now available we also have added a reconnect ability.
If you disco, an AI will fly your plane for a period of time until you return or the time runs out.

Also we do not have any plans on implementing mirrors. Do to how environment mapping works. It would not create the image from the correct view point that mirrors need to work. The other reason is we try our best to not provide any advantage to faster computers.

HiTech

Could/Would you consider it for the MA?  Anti/pro hordeing/fight feature on large maps, possibley... if nothing else, a novelty admin tool or something to add flavor to the MAs on aniversaries like Pearl Harbor, Doolittle's Raid, Battle of Britain, etc... 

Or if I were to rephrase, is this just "Phase 1" of online AI/combatants and where it may eventualy go?
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #107 on: June 20, 2012, 05:14:07 PM »
Awesome, I can see a permanent automatic scenario that runs every 30mins, where players team up to stop AI bombers to reach their goal. WWII tower defence  :x
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #108 on: June 20, 2012, 05:35:14 PM »
Could/Would you consider it for the MA?  Anti/pro hordeing/fight feature on large maps, possibley... if nothing else, a novelty admin tool or something to add flavor to the MAs on aniversaries like Pearl Harbor, Doolittle's Raid, Battle of Britain, etc... 

Or if I were to rephrase, is this just "Phase 1" of online AI/combatants and where it may eventualy go?
The MA isn't really setup for that type of gameplay.  Unless it was part of a special event for the MA - but that's what we have the SEA and AvA for...
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #109 on: June 20, 2012, 06:12:37 PM »
The MA isn't really setup for that type of gameplay.  Unless it was part of a special event for the MA - but that's what we have the SEA and AvA for...

That's along my thought, in its current form it probabley couldn't be used for much in the MAs, certainly not regularly without severely impacting things.  But what if for Halloween HTCs wanted to launch a legion of jackolanterns, flyign in formation.  They can take Christmas off (for once) and have the Santa flight scripted to run every hour and also fly over every single airfield on the map?  Battle of Britain Day, settup each country getting its HQ/factories raided by Stukas, 110s, Ju88s (eventualy the He111 :pray ) and lots of 109s every 2 or 3 hours.

The BoB thing you could do in the AvA, but if you wanted to do something nostalgic/easy/casual/baby-seal-clubbing-AIs-as-a-team/"mainstream"-publicity-for-the-AvA-&-scenario-teams.  C'mon, everyone in AH loves/dreams of stumbling upon that low and slow enemy Stuka raid one day.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:19:47 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline RDRTrash

• Gold Member
« Reply #110 on: June 20, 2012, 06:32:46 PM »
In the case of massed-bombers in a mission, where many/much of the bombers are AI, will the AI aircraft drop ord simultaneous with actual pilot?
(I'm thinking of carpet-bombing simulations, and thinking ahead a bit to understand if/how ord-drop may or may not be syncronized)

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: June 20, 2012, 06:37:19 PM »
New populate flags that go with the staged missions.
(Image removed from quote.)

HiTech
your ground shadow is missing a prop!
Flying since tour 71.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: June 20, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »
[ Warning-  a mirror may be required to read the reply. ]  :rolleyes:

.srorrim no ylper eht rof sknahT
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Mitsu

• Gold Member
      • Himitsu no blog (Mitsu's secret blog - written by Japanese)
« Reply #113 on: June 21, 2012, 05:29:14 AM »
HT - Question.

Does this reflection effect also include in the cockpit?
and does this effect applies diffused reflection to the canopy scratch?

Mitsu

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #114 on: June 21, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »

Wierd, I can read that no problem without the aid of a mirror...  :headscratch:
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #115 on: June 21, 2012, 10:09:31 AM »

Almost but really
This would require a mirror.

HiTech

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #116 on: June 21, 2012, 02:27:42 PM »
Almost but really
This would require a mirror.

(Image removed from quote.)
HiTech
:rofl

Is it backwards day?  Always wanted a backwards day.  Could be good.  :rolleyes:

Speaking of HiTech - how are we to load mishuns into the arena? Similar to the uploading MOTD?
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #117 on: June 21, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »

<snip> The other reason is we try our best to not provide any advantage to faster computers.

HiTech

The reflections look good, but my PC can barely handle the current graphics.  Therefore, I hope this will be able to be turned off at the AH client. 

MH

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
« Reply #118 on: June 21, 2012, 05:28:54 PM »
With the next release people will be able to upload mission in the same manner as terrains. These missions can then be played in the custom host arenas, or the special events arenas. (all arenas are capable but CM privileges are needed to load one.)...
HiTech
So if our squad wanted to setup a Staged Mission in a custom arena so we could run a particular scenario, we'd have to get a CM to upload it?  Unlike the arena settings which we can upload our selves?

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #119 on: June 21, 2012, 05:42:43 PM »
So if our squad wanted to setup a Staged Mission in a custom arena so we could run a particular scenario, we'd have to get a CM to upload it?  Unlike the arena settings which we can upload our selves?

I don't think so. Who ever made the custom arena is the CM and should be able to do it.