Author Topic: So, whatever happened to the SDL?  (Read 3178 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: So, whatever happened to the SDL?
« Reply #75 on: June 20, 2012, 02:56:05 PM »
Midway, you can't troll the SDL thread any longer until you get into a squad with at least *6* sticks in it.

BTW, I loved you in Return of the Jedi, sir:

(Image removed from quote.)

:lol

Jut saying it as I see it.  Nuff said.

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: June 20, 2012, 03:07:13 PM »
Try it.  You'll see.  Best targets of opportunity are set up by squad members.   I see it all the time in MA when one group runs into an enemy group in front of them.  No reason for six guys to head on, guns on, merge with six other guys 1 on 1   If you remove the no HO rule, merges would be more realistic and carefull, and smarter.  

The idea is for an equal merge. An equal fight. So the best way to make it all equal so that everything comes down to dogfighting skills is for a cold merge what you do after that determines your fate. Nonetheless Im done.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: June 20, 2012, 03:11:51 PM »
The idea is for an equal merge. An equal fight. So the best way to make it all equal so that everything comes down to dogfighting skills is for a cold merge what you do after that determines your fate. Nonetheless Im done.

What makes it equal is you lift off around the same time in the same number of aeroplanes, after that it's up to your ability to make smart, survivable choices and being creative. :aok

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 03:26:43 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2012, 03:24:00 PM »
Why must people kick fresh turds on warm days? 
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2012, 03:29:58 PM »
I am wondering why you guys even respond to him.....he wont partake...... he has no clue how to fight....he cant give any new insight to the SDL..........he is just wasting your time......

my 1 man squad will join if it starts up...... :lol

although I would want to find a squad to fly with for this.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2012, 03:31:14 PM »
Why must people kick fresh turds on warm days? 

:old: To get the stink out faster and foster nature's ability to decompose said object faster and more completely.

Offline dhyran

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2012, 03:57:01 PM »
I am wondering why you guys even respond to him.....he wont partake...... he has no clue how to fight....he cant give any new insight to the SDL..........he is just wasting your time......

my 1 man squad will join if it starts up...... :lol

although I would want to find a squad to fly with for this.

exactly my thoughts ink! you nailed it! You have to be a part of a team, a squadron, and when we flew the SDL we had sometimes 15 in TS ch, but only 8 could fly each match. so one of our basic rules was: ego aside!
thats what keep us together, we throw the best skilled members into each round, other have to wait and listen to TS, it was a blast because it worked that way, the SDL creates a band of brothers between us
This was such a great experience, hard to decribe! c'mon lets start it up again!

dhyran  - retired  CO  ~<<~Loose Deuce~>>~        www.loose-deuce.net/

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2012, 04:01:44 PM »
exactly my thoughts ink! you nailed it! You have to be a part of a team, a squadron, and when we flew the SDL we had sometimes 15 in TS ch, but only 8 could fly each match. so one of our basic rules was: ego aside!
thats what keep us together, we throw the best skilled members into each round, other have to wait and listen to TS, it was a blast because it worked that way, the SDL creates a band of brothers between us
This was such a great experience, hard to decribe! c'mon lets start it up again!

The First Resurrected SDL Match-Up:

Epic Rematch:  LD vs The Few

We could sell tickets to that shiz...
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2012, 04:03:27 PM »
The First Resurrected SDL Match-Up:

Epic Rematch:  LD vs The Few

We could sell tickets to that shiz...

First dibs to join Bruv's aeroplane. :)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2012, 04:14:06 PM »
First dibs to join Bruv's aeroplane. :)
Lap belt or side saddle?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2012, 04:17:40 PM »
we did have about 80 matches over 2 years,   only 3 had some afters. 

the few vs jg11 was the first,  they requested axis vs allies,   and called us out for HO ing which was nonsense especially with more manoeuvrable aircraft. the drubbing was too much for stampf to take after he built it up to be some sort of epic show down.   JG11 left.  :(

KN vs JJ  from all accounts JJ's got a few aggressive kills in the merge and caught KN by surprise,  HO ing wasn't against the rules at any point even though some started adopting this tactic to get an advantage.   :(    I had to kick out KN because of the posts and not because I didn't agree with them.    :(

Bone then made the pigs leave by sending them nasty PM's that I didn't know about. Had they made me aware of what was said at the time I could have taken corrective action but they just assumed because I was in charge it would have been swept under the carpet.  :(

Pigs vs LD    The pigs or rather junky and krup decided to take more than 25% fuel and climb,  again nothing in the rules regarding this and they proceeded to get chased around by angry LD's  who in one round ran out of fuel and had to bail.   I was in the DA at the time to watch and was asked by krup and dhyran what the rules were on this and gave them as I knew them which was fuel loadouts are the pilots choice.   Again accused of not acting in the correct manner    :( 

back in FA we had squad fights every weekend and they did have a host which in hindsight was probably the best policy just incase things spilled over.  No-one questioned the host/umpire/referee  and that kept things in check.  Shouldn't have too but I guess that is just human nature.

The other issue was bringing MA squabbles into it, when you have a perceived view of a group of players and you have the opportunity to fight it out there is always more to a grudge match!     

Don't forget, in the midst of all this, there was that thing that one of you got Waystin, "the nicest guy in Aces High" (and the one guy/peacemaker going out of his way to confront the issue in a way to address/settle it), banned from the AH BBS for a week.  That was real champ.

Edit: And then I read the next 5 pages of this thread.  Win.  :D
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 04:19:15 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2012, 04:19:12 PM »
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2012, 04:23:33 PM »

:huh Really??  You've been to trolling school recently, huh?  :rolleyes:    Best to get out of 1st grade before you come after me. :devil

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2012, 04:37:23 PM »
Try it.  You'll see.  Best targets of opportunity are set up by squad members.  

So  not only a ho'er but a picktard aswel!?!??
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2012, 05:09:26 PM »
people are trying to constructive over this, create your own troll thread if you want midway.

We ran quite a few SDL like matches within the few, and it is obvious that the team not forming together has an advantage, because the latecomers can pick any enemy they want to shoot, including the ones already engaged, and there is nothing to stop them in time. So they get a picking kill for free.

AH nowadays permits to airspawn at cruise speed, MickyD made use of this in a map (it's available in the custom arenas, can't remember the name right now) where 2 airspawns are situated in front of each other with 10K feet separation. You just need to synch your team with a countdown and your whole team spawns in a neat formation at speed at the said alt. Just hit X, WEP and your can merge. No cheating possible, no wait, just straight action.

I like what's going on in here.
now posting as SirNuke