Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 11571 times)

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »
Forest Gump wins. Your argument is invalid.

rainman... not retarded. counts cards does super math.
forest gump... not retarded. wins football games. war hero.

Midway has gone full retard. you never go full retard. theres no going back.

Kirk Lazarus: Everybody knows you never go full retard.
Tugg Speedman: What do you mean?
Kirk Lazarus: Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 05:28:30 PM by Citabria »
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2012, 05:32:31 PM »
Fly other planes and get out of the trainer. You'll find very quickly how little you actually know.

Only then will you have a chance to improve.

what shuff said
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2012, 05:33:04 PM »
Well I'm not sure what that means, and I have thought about it a lot.

Having suffiicient skill to overcome an opponent's level of skill, thereby verifying said level of skill or thereby learning from failure if said opponent bettered you.  Doing this over and over to rule out luck and thereby to continue said confirmation or learnings. :joystick:

Learning, building skill, and working to win continually against the best leads to growth (vs decline) and happiness (vs disappointment) and satisfaction/completion (vs the empty feeling of hollow victories) as well as pride of fulfilling one's potential.  :)

Winning is good.  :old:

"Be the fist of goodness", as I've recently learned from the TV. :cheers:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2012, 05:35:02 PM »

I forgive you, Fester.  :old:

Your awesomeness carries much weight and cancels any moment(s) of weakness -- so far.  :old:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2012, 05:35:54 PM »
this thread is great, everyone pretty much agrees on something, and its rare  :aok (except midway who is in a parallel dimension)
I think fester and joachim were spot on, and I'm still trying to find what bustr meant  :headscratch:

now posting as SirNuke

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2012, 05:36:02 PM »

On the bright side he goes down as the greatest troll to invade aces high, or shade, whichever one comes out first.
JG 52

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2012, 05:48:54 PM »
On the bright side he goes down as the greatest troll to invade aces high, or shade, whichever one comes out first.

Am neither, moment(s) of weakness and silliness excepted.   :devil

I am simply a virtual pilot traveling the bumpy road of progress.  :angel:

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2012, 05:50:45 PM »
turn off 200, and work on flying new aircraft, flying new aircraft is how you learn what they can and can not do. (from Bruvs friend M.)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2012, 05:52:03 PM »
turn off 200, and work on flying new aircraft, flying new aircraft is how you learn what they can and can not do. (from Bruvs friend M.)

:salute :rock

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2012, 05:54:50 PM »

this thread is great, everyone pretty much agrees on something, and its rare  :aok (except midway who is in a parallel dimension)

I think fester and joachim were spot on, and I'm still trying to find what bustr meant  :headscratch:

You know, this is actually true in a good number of threads.  I think I'm going to use it in my sig.   :)
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2012, 05:55:36 PM »
here is your real flying problem midway.

what seperates you from those you try to emulate is none of them would ever degrade themselves in the manner you do. they will make fools out of themselves a plenty but they are second best to no one.

see every one of the best players in this game thinks they are the best player in the game regardless of who else is playing. that may be stereotypical fighter pilot mentality but thats what the real dangerous players all have in common.

the trouble you are having is you are wanting virtual alpha flying mentality while behaving like what could only be described as a virtual power bottom? excuse the metaphor but nothing else describes midway as well with his FPH man crushes.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2012, 05:58:12 PM »
here is your real flying problem midway.

what seperates you from those you try to emulate is none of them would ever degrade themselves in the manner you do. they will make fools out of themselves a plenty but they are second best to no one.

see every one of the best players in this game thinks they are the best player in the game regardless of who else is playing. that may be stereotypical fighter pilot mentality but thats what the real dangerous players all have in common.

the trouble you are having is you are wanting virtual alpha flying mentality while behaving like what could only be described as a virtual power bottom? excuse the metaphor but nothing else describes midway as well with his FPH man crushes.

"skill admiration", not "man crushes", Fester.... but I forgive you.   :old:

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2012, 05:59:10 PM »
what do you do bustr? Personally I find every one of your posts devoid of any actual substance. you generally string together as many big words together for as many sentences as possible all the while saying almost nothing about anything.

do you work for politicians? saying that much nothing takes practice.

Really.  

At first I thought we had a disciple of Krusty.  Now it's just plain creepy.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2012, 06:00:14 PM »
semantics. the meaning of the phrase is unchanged just less derogitory using your phraseology

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2012, 06:02:20 PM »
semantics. the meaning of the phrase is unchanged just less derogitory using your phraseology

I admit to admiring awesome skill and the effort to have developed it, and intend to work hard to learn from it, be it possessed by man or woman.

:aok