Author Topic: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?  (Read 11663 times)

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
Re: Why am I not an awesome pilot yet?
« Reply #225 on: July 13, 2012, 05:44:29 AM »
the reason you are not an "awesome" pilot yet is quite obvious.    it's because your real goal has nothing to do with virtual dogfighting prowess.   your real goal is to start threads that attract 15 pages of attention in 3 days, and at this you are truly skilled.   even though i know exactly what this is, here i am.   adding to it.   be it on 200 or on the BBS, anybody who dares to take an objective look can clearly see what motivates you.   attention.  of any kind.        you aren't stupid.   if you want to improve your SA, look around.   you already listed the things you need to improve.   instead of shutting your lips (for a change) and actually focusing on improving what you obviously know is wrong, you started a thread in hopes (and well founded hopes, ill give you that) that anybody and everybody would respond, negatively or otherwise.  if you really want to get better, getbusy doing so and shut up for once.    im sorry i posted in this ridiculous thread, this is all i have to add.   a spade is a spade, and you, Midway, are a troll.    idgaf what you post in response to this.  you and everyone else knows damn well that im right.   
-AoM-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #226 on: July 13, 2012, 06:05:13 AM »
the reason you are not an "awesome" pilot yet is quite obvious.    it's because your real goal has nothing to do with virtual dogfighting prowess.   your real goal is to start threads that attract 15 pages of attention in 3 days, and at this you are truly skilled.   even though i know exactly what this is, here i am.   adding to it.   be it on 200 or on the BBS, anybody who dares to take an objective look can clearly see what motivates you.   attention.  of any kind.        you aren't stupid.   if you want to improve your SA, look around.   you already listed the things you need to improve.   instead of shutting your lips (for a change) and actually focusing on improving what you obviously know is wrong, you started a thread in hopes (and well founded hopes, ill give you that) that anybody and everybody would respond, negatively or otherwise.  if you really want to get better, getbusy doing so and shut up for once.    im sorry i posted in this ridiculous thread, this is all i have to add.   a spade is a spade, and you, Midway, are a troll.    idgaf what you post in response to this.  you and everyone else knows damn well that im right.  

Actually, IrishOne... btw I appreciate your thinking and attempt at truth... but you are very wrong, understandable, but wrong re (1) troll, in the negative meaning of it,  (2) what motivates me, and (3) my real goal.

Not going to give you a lengthy discussion of it but, in short, the truth is  (1) I post to get helpful feedback and make a positive contribution, with a bit of silly/fun mixed in, sometimes too much.  (2) What motivates me is making progress and overcoming the challenges presented with each fight which appears very difficult in this game and (3) my goal is to reach the level of skill to handle most any in-game fight with the optimal outcome.

I wish it was as easy as "look around", but there is a lot more to it than watching somebody shoot you down, although it does help.  :aok.

We on the same page now?  Hopefully...   :salute :rock

PS: Hey look!  We are!  Page 16.  :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 07:12:03 AM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #227 on: July 13, 2012, 02:38:27 PM »
Actually, IrishOne... btw I appreciate your thinking and attempt at truth... but you are very wrong, understandable, but wrong re (1) troll, in the negative meaning of it,  (2) what motivates me, and (3) my real goal.

Not going to give you a lengthy discussion of it but, in short, the truth is  (1) I post to get helpful feedback and make a positive contribution, with a bit of silly/fun mixed in, sometimes too much.  (2) What motivates me is making progress and overcoming the challenges presented with each fight which appears very difficult in this game and (3) my goal is to reach the level of skill to handle most any in-game fight with the optimal outcome.

I wish it was as easy as "look around", but there is a lot more to it than watching somebody shoot you down, although it does help.  :aok.

We on the same page now?  Hopefully...   :salute :rock

PS: Hey look!  We are!  Page 16.  :D

Hush midway, or I'll return and beat you silly with a 110!   :t

BTW, your ability to attract followers "haters or admirers" is awesome!  :x

:bolt:

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #228 on: July 13, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »

Hush midway, or I'll return and beat you silly with a 110!   :t

BTW, your ability to attract followers "haters or admirers" is awesome!  :x

:bolt:

JUGgler

:rofl

Yes, Sir.  :uhoh

:noid

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #229 on: July 13, 2012, 04:01:19 PM »

Hello again Midway/Who,

Since this thread got bumped again, and you continue to profess that you're not trolling, but seeking advice:

I flew against you a few times in furballs last night, mostly just watching your flying.  It confirmed much of what I thought and much of what has been said by others here.  I only closed and engaged you once (after you HO'd your first opponent) made several turns with you, and scored an assist in my 109F (with a drop-tank still on, I should add) -- someone dropped in and took your wing off for me.  These few encounters were enough for me to see that you are not nearly as good as you think you are.  In fact, you are only slightly better than you were last year at flying essentially the same way.

SA is not your primary problem.  I know you used "my bad SA" as an excuse many times on 200 last night.  But, that wasn't the problem.  I could explain why, and what is, in great detail, but you have already ignored so much advice in this thread already.  I will say that focusing on "improving your SA" (as you put it) will be a wasted effort on your part -- similar to the effort made by those giving you advice here.   

You might consider re-reading this thread a few times, though.

Good luck with whatever path you choose.
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: July 13, 2012, 04:11:20 PM »
Thanks Kingpin... good thoughts worthy of consideration. :cheers:

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #231 on: July 13, 2012, 05:22:04 PM »
I love this whole "Consideration, taking into account, that's a good/creative way of looking at it...but.." category that he has.

It's like dropping an application off at a place that doesn't give a damn about who you are, were, or ever will be. They just take it and toss it into the trash without even contemplating what effort you just put forth.

This is all your doing Midway. Craving for info that you can easily assess on your own and specifically from said "highly skilled stick or FPH." Taking what's given to you and literally looking right past it, blatantly speaking of course.

I, without a doubt in my mind, know that you will conjure up some pathetic excuse and justify what is being said by my post here. As Irish said, we all know what is going on here and for me the counter has exceeded it's given time for far too long. Sadly, you'll be the first one on this "blocked user" option. I have a high tolerance, but as i find myself reading this thread and after ALL that has been offered to you..... You still just DON'T GET IT.

Hopefully any of what's been said here sinks in through that thick headed skull of yours, truly I do.
If any does, i'll notice in the skies and no longer here in the BBS.

<<S>> SWkiljoy
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: July 13, 2012, 05:35:16 PM »
I love this whole "Consideration, taking into account, that's a good/creative way of looking at it...but.." category that he has.

It's like dropping an application off at a place that doesn't give a damn about who you are, were, or ever will be. They just take it and toss it into the trash without even contemplating what effort you just put forth.

This is all your doing Midway. Craving for info that you can easily assess on your own and specifically from said "highly skilled stick or FPH." Taking what's given to you and literally looking right past it, blatantly speaking of course.

I, without a doubt in my mind, know that you will conjure up some pathetic excuse and justify what is being said by my post here. As Irish said, we all know what is going on here and for me the counter has exceeded it's given time for far too long. Sadly, you'll be the first one on this "blocked user" option. I have a high tolerance, but as i find myself reading this thread and after ALL that has been offered to you..... You still just DON'T GET IT.

Hopefully any of what's been said here sinks in through that thick headed skull of yours, truly I do.
If any does, i'll notice in the skies and no longer here in the BBS.

<<S>> SWkiljoy

My mind is open, SWkiljoy... question is... is yours? :headscratch:

I fully comprehend what you're saying and can see how you can come to that incorrect conclusion... fact is I've improved much due to help from said "highly skilled stick"s.  They know I appreciate their help and many have seen said progress.  Are you falling into the trap of looking at the glass half empty too?  :huh    Please don't... because it is half full, use to be almost empty, but keeps getting fuller. :aok

We'll talk with our aeroplane's guns soon... and I'll do some convincing.   Losing grasp of the truth is worse than losing grasp of those ports you're suppose to be protecting.  :D

PS: I best hush... afraid of JUGgler's 110 -- still.  Can't leave misinformation hanging out here though.  

:old: Truth is truth.

Now don't make me have to repeat myself again, please.  :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 05:50:02 PM by Midway »

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #233 on: July 13, 2012, 08:37:32 PM »
Why is David Wales gone exactly?

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: July 13, 2012, 08:57:01 PM »
Why is David Wales gone exactly?

Asked too many silly, off topic, questions?  :headscratch:

More posts than sorties? :headscratch:

dunno

« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 09:02:54 PM by Midway »

Offline Citabria

• Platinum Member
« Reply #235 on: July 13, 2012, 09:00:10 PM »
does he cut n paste the same paragraph of nothing every post he makes or does he rearange it so the nothing in the paragraph looks different?
Fester was my in game name until September 2013

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #236 on: July 13, 2012, 09:05:08 PM »
Now the tweekers bus change is all on the ground and some did fall into the sewer through the road grating. Question is, how many of you are going to follow after those coins trying to retreive them?

At least no one has decided the road is breathing. OH...sorry that was the dead heads the next weekend on acid at the same bus stop. They eventualy all climbed up onto the bus stop bench because they were convinced the sewer grate was going to eat them before the bus showed up. That hotel room had an interesting view of Berkeley and it's night life.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #237 on: July 13, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
does he cut n paste the same paragraph of nothing every post he makes or does he rearange it so the nothing in the paragraph looks different?
Been thinking the same thing Fester.  +1
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #238 on: July 13, 2012, 09:34:10 PM »
Now this is an awesome pilot :lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jNNFqQODKE
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #239 on: July 13, 2012, 10:33:18 PM »
Imposter

(Image removed from quote.)

Am certain is the original. :x   Compared primal scream on range to film from nostalgic archive.

NathBDP in game is the original. :aok    Stake my reputation on it. :salute