Author Topic: Most skill based sport?  (Read 21318 times)

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
      • http://www.4remnants.com
Re: Most skill based sport?
« Reply #225 on: July 31, 2012, 05:44:30 AM »
Heads up Grizz you got Sluggish asking for help from his FW lemmings.   :aok

Figured I would let ya know before they pile in.

3 In so far.  :rofl 

It's nice to see this topic has renewed interest. This sluggish fellow sounds like a stand-up individual.

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #226 on: July 31, 2012, 05:47:59 AM »

How is this dancing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XcdMpKsVXs
or this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFlJGw8e30g
All it takes is reaction time for drag racing, in Gymnastics you use every muscle in your body. Also, I would honestly like to know what sports you have competed in.

Lolz.. How is that NOT dancing??  
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:59:12 AM by Skilless »

Offline Skilless

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #227 on: July 31, 2012, 05:58:17 AM »
I never defined sport. 

As for skateboarding sure why not. Who cares?  Anything can be a sport that requires using the human body as an athletic tool, and competing versus others. 

So anything can be a sport?  Competing against a judge is a sport?  I think you're delusional.  Nascar is a sport; figure skating is not.

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #228 on: July 31, 2012, 12:30:29 PM »

Lolz.. How is that NOT dancing??  

I'm honestly done feeding this troll. You never answered my previous question, making me believe you have never competed in any athletic endeavor in your life.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: July 31, 2012, 12:36:27 PM »
So anything can be a sport?  Competing against a judge is a sport?  I think you're delusional.  Nascar is a sport; figure skating is not.

"Competing against a judge is a sport".  Please elaborate.  There must be rules, competition, and physical activity (exceptions like autoracing) in some way for it to be a sport. 

Yep NASCAR is an auto sport.  Figure skating for fun is an activity but once you add competition it is a sport. 

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: July 31, 2012, 12:38:31 PM »
Heads up Grizz you got Sluggish asking for help from his FW lemmings.   :aok

Figured I would let ya know before they pile in.

3 In so far.  :rofl 

Shouldn't be long then before they ask if competitive meth smoking is a sport.   :lol

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #231 on: July 31, 2012, 01:01:47 PM »
Any activity that requires a judge to score is not a sport.

Holy cow... 3 pages of responses and nobody bothered to check a dictionary? ( Paper kind.. that required an editor and, supposedly, a proofreader )

From Britannica-Webster: sport noun 1a: a source of diversion :RECREATION b: physical activity engaged in for pleasure....

So.. anything mentioned, that I've seen in this thread, qualifies as a sport.  Some, granted, are sillier than others, but they all seem to satisfy those very basic requirements to be a sport.

Now.. everybody put your purses down and have a group hug.

The russian judge is out having coffee.

AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: July 31, 2012, 01:03:08 PM »
Holy cow... 3 pages of responses and nobody bothered to check a dictionary? ( Paper kind.. that required an editor and, supposedly, a proofreader )

From Britannica-Webster: sport noun 1a: a source of diversion :RECREATION b: physical activity engaged in for pleasure....

So.. anything mentioned, that I've seen in this thread, qualifies as a sport.  Some, granted, are sillier than others, but they all seem to satisfy those very basic requirements to be a sport.

Now.. everybody put your purses down and have a group hug.

The russian judge is out having coffee.

I read the dictionary definitions of sport too, but I will not let a dictionary definition define to me what sport is, even though I agree with it.

Offline APDrone

• Gold Member
« Reply #233 on: July 31, 2012, 01:08:54 PM »
 :rofl

Dude.. then please establish some sort of footnote to your communiques that identify when the word you're using complies with your own definitions and not that of what many of us refer to as 'English'.

I would suggest  sport (Grizznglish v1.0 - 2012 ) and use it as such: 

I read the dictionary definitions of sport too, but I will not let a dictionary definition define to me what sport (Grizznglish v1.0 - 2012 ) is, even though I agree with it.
AKDrone

Scenario "Masters of the Air" X.O. 100th Bombardment Group

Offline TheAssi

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #234 on: July 31, 2012, 01:17:31 PM »
Shouldn't be long then before they ask if competitive meth smoking is a sport.   :lol

Nah.  Manufacturing it and defending those who do is where it's at.

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #235 on: July 31, 2012, 01:23:56 PM »
Going to the titty bar is a pretty complicated sport, as it takes extreme skill to slip those dollar bills into the garters when extremely drunk. 

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #236 on: July 31, 2012, 01:50:09 PM »
I still say it's midget tossing.  It really take a keen eye, upper body and arm strength and a good knowledge of midget aerodynamics to throw those little suckers 20 yards.  I doubt anyone here has the necessary skill to do it.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #237 on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:33 PM »
I still say it's midget tossing.  It really take a keen eye, upper body and arm strength and a good knowledge of midget aerodynamics to throw those little suckers 20 yards.  I doubt anyone here has the necessary skill to do it.

ack-ack

Was my worst event in track. Our midgets never stuck to the training diet, so we either had overweight midgets or underweight, which gave us a penalty. My personal record was about 48 feet.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #238 on: July 31, 2012, 02:41:16 PM »
:rofl

Dude.. then please establish some sort of footnote to your communiques that identify when the word you're using complies with your own definitions and not that of what many of us refer to as 'English'.

I would suggest  sport (Grizznglish v1.0 - 2012 ) and use it as such: 

Excuse me, for something as generic as "sport", a dictionary can not adequately define it.  It's like a dictionary attempting to define "marriage" as union between a man and woman.  That's a lot different than the definition of a word with a concrete meaning.

Besides, I agree with the dictionary definition in this case of "sport".  

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #239 on: July 31, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
So anything can be a sport?  Competing against a judge is a sport?  I think you're delusional.  Nascar is a sport; figure skating is not.

:rofl best example ever

you're still competing against other people in something like figure skating where you get judged o.O you're competing to see who can get the highest score

damn if i didn't already have a great quote in my sig I'd be tempted to put 'NASCAR is a sport' in there
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 03:03:01 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.