Author Topic: Trinity  (Read 7950 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Trinity
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 04:11:46 PM »
Trinity was for another time in the game when the idea of 600-700 players in the arena was possible. A map should not be so large you can loose 400 players on it. Might as well play one of the old boxed AI WW2 PC first person simulators while talking to several freinds on Skype about how bad you are shooting at AI.

Trinity forces any incursion into one of the 2 other countries via a BIG intial hoarding just to get the first foothold. Which then turns into the hoard steam rolling complained about becasue 60 guys are there now and "Why Not??".. If that first incursion stalls, it's usualy a bunch of guys wandering around at all alts in a 1.5 sector area mostly avoiding each other if they don't have an obvious advantage.

Otherwise the 1.5-2 sector distances not barriered by the 20k+ alps turns into air combat stalemate choke points. The terrain and distances at those well know choke points wind up with one group of furballers above 12k and the other twiddling their thumbs 7k to the deck praying they have enough beer to stay distracted untill the timid alt tourists decide to play air combat. Eventualy the furball drifts between the two airfeilds changing alt postions.

Greebo's new CraterMA seems to be a direct attempt to make a Trinty style map have no geographic choke points to prosicuting Air Combat with any size of group while protecting the central caldera TT from unreasonable bombing intrusion. The HQ and Factories are situated to make them enticing bomber group targets or even a sneak capture of a feild with a spawn to the HQ. I doubt you will be able to hide CV on this map.

It's a nice sized map that offers quicker access to your oponents while reducing some of the hiding at alt or by sneaking around in empty spaces. You won't loose 400 players on it. The airfeild distances are such that late nights will promote small concentrated air fights between resonabley spaced feilds while TT's terrain will be an interesting challenge for the tank ace. I hope HTC gets this one approved for rotation sooner than later.

CraterMA by: Greebo.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 1sum41

• Silver Member
      • devil dog squadron
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2012, 04:19:16 PM »
I would LOVE to see this map in rotation!  :aok

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
I would LOVE to see this map in rotation!  :aok

It's up NOW !!!!

if you load it up in a custom arena

Offline Spork

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 04:44:13 PM »
It's up NOW !!!!

if you load it up in a custom arena

What a tease
Spork
80th FS "Headhunters"

"The all purpose utensil in the all purpose plane" - Karma

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2012, 04:49:44 PM »
Whenever Trinity gets reset, huge Borg cubes of whordetards roll over the other maps in short order, and we're right back to Trinity again
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2012, 05:00:31 PM »
Let's take this turd out of the rotation for a couple months please.

And I thought I was being too blunt during the last two months (and 6-weeks worth of playtime) on Trinity.

:aok

Pitchforks and torches for EVERYBODY!  :devil  :banana:

Edit: how much scotch will it take before putting up Greebo's (gorgeous brand spanking new) map?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:03:12 PM by Babalonian »
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2012, 05:12:35 PM »
This is my favorite map.  :uhoh

Almost agree; this is my 2nd favorite map, after Compello.   :aok

What I can't understand is how the Trinity-hater guys can get "bored" with a map.  What are they doing, sightseeing??  Trinity has opportunity for one-on-one or one-on-few fights, furballs, and (usually) GV fights with an acceptably low-level of air interference.  IMHO, it's the types of fights available (edited), not the map, which determines whether the game is fun.  The only possible reason that I can see for people disliking Trinity is that apparently the hordes have difficulty in sweeping the map.  Since I don't personally prefer that style of game play, and since there are so many maps which are easy to sweep in a day or less, I think that the Trinity-haters should be willing to tolerate it.  

MH
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 05:29:38 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2012, 05:27:26 PM »
Its at a point where Im giving "WTGs" whenever the enemies take a base. Is it still up today?
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2012, 05:36:37 PM »
Whenever Trinity gets reset, huge Borg cubes of whordetards roll over the other maps in short order, and we're right back to Trinity again

QFT.

small maps dont even last a day anymore, it seems.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2012, 06:12:00 PM »
<snip> Since I don't personally prefer that style of game play, <snip>, I think that the Trinity-haters should be willing to tolerate it. 

MH

Really....

Personaly, I change the way/style I play almost every night.  However, Trinity easily reduces those options to only a very few.  Want to avoid the fight but not climb over 20k mountains or over 200 miles of water to ____?  Too bad.  If you're short on time and trying to avoid the grinder at the choke points, you're going to have to sacrafice one to satisfy the other.

Then there's the gamey and buggy exploits with the two GV spawns that further degrade the air war.  Why fight a frustrating and stagnant air battle when you can play a gamey and fast-paced GV slugfest?

Trinity keeps getting worse and it will continue to do so.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2012, 06:49:44 PM »
Why hasn't someone made the AW Pacific map?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Valen

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2012, 06:56:26 PM »
in that greebo map i see bodies lying allover the floor  :t
Smoke to the bone

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2012, 07:17:53 PM »
Why hasn't someone made the AW Pacific map?
Like Ozkansas and Mindanoa?

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2012, 08:02:02 PM »
Really....

Personaly, I change the way/style I play almost every night.  However, Trinity easily reduces those options to only a very few.  Want to avoid the fight but not climb over 20k mountains or over 200 miles of water to ____?  Too bad.  If you're short on time and trying to avoid the grinder at the choke points, you're going to have to sacrafice one to satisfy the other.

I sympathize with your distress, but I sure don’t understand it.  Why do you want to “avoid the fight”?  Isn’t that what the game is all about? 

Then there's the gamey and buggy exploits with the two GV spawns that further degrade the air war.  Why fight a frustrating and stagnant air battle when you can play a gamey and fast-paced GV slugfest?

Trinity keeps getting worse and it will continue to do so.

Also, why does one particular GV spawn (with cliff I assume) ruin the game over the entire map, and in particular, why does it affect the air war?  Why can’t you just leave those guys alone, and fight elsewhere?  Your statement almost seems to imply that you want to force the GV guys to fly planes (I assume that you don’t want this, but that’s what the above sounds like). 

MH

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2012, 08:12:15 PM »
They want a new map gifted to them regardless of the fact that they did zero to earn a new one.