Author Topic: MUNICH FRAME 3 INFRACTIONS  (Read 2495 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
MUNICH FRAME 3 INFRACTIONS
« on: August 17, 2012, 11:55:36 PM »
 ALCON.....

i was monitoring ch202 tonight. i saw a few pilots reporting some aircraft above their alt caps, some crossing the no-fly zone, and some continuing combat after cease fire was declared.

please if you had film running, save the clip of the offense, and pm it to me here on the bbs. if you prefer email, then pm me, and i'll shoot you my email address.

sooner would be better than later, but please get them to me, so i can dole out penalties.

thanks guys, and i hope you guys had fun overall!!

CAP
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
Re: MUNICH FRAME 3 INFRACTIONS
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 07:38:09 AM »
ALCON.....

i was monitoring ch202 tonight. i saw a few pilots reporting some aircraft above their alt caps, some crossing the no-fly zone, and some continuing combat after cease fire was declared.

please if you had film running, save the clip of the offense, and pm it to me here on the bbs. if you prefer email, then pm me, and i'll shoot you my email address.

sooner would be better than later, but please get them to me, so i can dole out penalties.

thanks guys, and i hope you guys had fun overall!!

CAP

the bolded section above.,,,,,i should not have typed that. it should have said so i can confirm.

thanks all!!
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 08:55:21 AM »
The bombers we encountered west of A55 were above 25 K!  Sorry no film
AkCaine

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 09:23:46 AM »
Although it was reported that the bombers at A49 were above 23K, the film does in fact show them at 23K.
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2012, 10:51:26 AM »
Although it was reported that the bombers at A49 were above 23K, the film does in fact show them at 23K.

Which is why film is required, so the actual data can be seen.
 :salute
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2012, 11:01:31 AM »

thank you for that sir.  :aok :salute
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Viper61

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2012, 11:58:20 AM »
Dot and CAP:

Most of us honor the alt cap's.  In fact I have never seen a squad intentionally plan to break them.  But during the course of a fight as your rolling and turning to avoid being shot down popping through a alt cap can happen.  Most folks then come back down.

I think most of us relay on your "downdraft" to prevent this.  It seems to me that last night it wasn't working that well.  I found myself last night after some twisting and rolling with a 109 popping out, engaging my auto pilot for flat and level flight to build back up my speed to catch back up with my bombers and the auto pilot was allowing me to fly flat and level at 28,200'.  After I saw this I descended down 500' and reengaged the auto pilot.

Question: Is there a way to make the downdraft option stronger?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2012, 12:18:45 PM »
Viper,

The downdraft started at 28k, and was 100mph (max setting is only 127mph). We all know that during a fight people can pop up over an alt cap. The cap of 23k was only for bombers, not fighters. Also, we aren't concerned with an occasional "oops" where some bombers are +200' of the cap (although you'd think they would pay better attention and make sure to stay within the limits.

There were reports of bombers flying fast and level at 25k+, and that is not a simple "oops".
My Current Rig:

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2012, 12:56:51 PM »
Dot and CAP:

In fact I have never seen a squad intentionally plan to break them. 

I disagree with you on this one. In frame two there was a formation of dots above our squad that was well over the cap. I checked my alt I'm at 27,900 feet. They flew directly over us and obviously didn't see us. I popped up to 28 k and got a brief Icon of a 109. We decided to not piss them off and left the area.
 Is it possible to layer the down drafts starting at 28k and going up to 30 increasing the down buffet as you go? If so may that be a solution to that problem?

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2012, 01:10:22 PM »
I disagree with you on this one. In frame two there was a formation of dots above our squad that was well over the cap. I checked my alt I'm at 27,900 feet. They flew directly over us and obviously didn't see us. I popped up to 28 k and got a brief Icon of a 109. We decided to not piss them off and left the area.
 Is it possible to layer the down drafts starting at 28k and going up to 30 increasing the down buffet as you go? If so may that be a solution to that problem?

Again, as I said before, there was no alt cap for fighters - only the bombers. As far as the downdraft, it was enabled from 28k and above. It was at 100mph, and the max the game allows is 127mph.
My Current Rig:

Offline Shamus

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 01:33:44 PM »
The 334th had our buffs above 23k. It was my job to relay the orders and I must have missed the alt cap in the orders. when we were rtb one of my guys read the mdop or full orders and said "hey, we were supposed to be below 23k", being a bunch of fighter jocks it just slipped our minds :bhead

...sorry about that.

shamus
one of the cats

FSO Jagdgeschwader 11

Offline Viper61

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »
DOT - Rgr that on the situation you describe of bombers at 25K.

I didn't know that the down draft had a limit of 127mph.  I assumed it was adjustable to infinity given its a game.  no worries.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2012, 02:11:53 PM »
Whats the point of a down draft if there is no set cap? I don't get it. Is it the implication of a fighter alt cap and why do that?

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2012, 02:19:01 PM »
Whats the point of a down draft if there is no set cap? I don't get it. Is it the implication of a fighter alt cap and why do that?

if you go back, and read the set up, there is a alt cap for fighters. it was set at 28k. that is why the downdraft.

viper.......when you mentioned the alt to me, i climbed to 28.5, and tried to set auto pilot. it buffeted me down to 28k, then the auto pilot worked ok.

shamus......how high were you guys?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2012, 02:39:41 PM »
if you go back, and read the set up, there is a alt cap for fighters. it was set at 28k. that is why the downdraft.

:headscratch:
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com